FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best oneworld lounges in Europe. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1922066-best-oneworld-lounges-europe.html)

Newbtravelle Jul 27, 2018 6:25 am

Best oneworld lounges in Europe.

So I am newly Emerald, and want to do a few weekend Europe trips to maximise the benefits (Champagne mainly)

The lounge database (thanks to the creators!!) has helped a lot. I can see FRA, HEL and WAW have emerald lounges. But I suppose these aren't guaranteed to be better than sapphire lounges!!

So please share your opinion of the best lounges for me to visit in the EU. Champagne, food, tarmac views are the relevant criteria!!

N.B. Great optional extras like massage chairs (Sapphire Sakura Lounge - NRT) are welcome too!!

Thank you!

dsf Jul 27, 2018 6:35 am

BSL has champagne, and an open roof terrace for outdoor runway views.

florens Jul 27, 2018 6:36 am

You won't find many First Class Lounges in Europe as the oneworld airlines like IB and AY don't have First Class. AY's non-schengen Premium Lounge is fairly nice but can get very crowded during rush hour.

My personal favourite is CX F in LHR T3. QR has a great lounge in CDG although I think you can only access it when actually flying QR in a premium cabin.

I haven't been to the MH and QR lounges at LHR T4 yet.

florens Jul 27, 2018 6:38 am

Originally Posted by dsf (Post 30018427)
BSL has champagne, and an open roof terrace for outdoor runway views.

BSL doesn't have champagne - it is un vin mousseux d'Alsace.

rossmacd Jul 27, 2018 6:51 am

CX F LHR T3 is the best lounge in Europe, that you can access by virtue of your Emerald card.

Other lounges are available, but you need to be flying the specific carrier or a specific premium class to gain access.

apollo00 Jul 27, 2018 6:59 am

I suspect the best answer is 'anywhere with a CX lounge', which isn't a long list in Europe and some way redirect you to another lounge depending on timing as they're busy. I recall the CX lounge in CDG being pleasant enough. AY in HEL isn't bad, the gin is certainly good.

For me, CX F at LHR about the best OneWorld lounge in Europe (so if you do a LHR>BCN return you can visit possibly the best and worst in Europe in one trip ;) ) Some of the contract lounges are surprisingly good, I was pleasantly surprised by MLA of all places but I don't think any of them are better than the big OneWorld lounges in LHR.

TWCLAM Jul 27, 2018 7:15 am

Caveat: Have not used F lounges myself simply going from a ton of YT reviews I've seen of the places and FT feedback

LGW BA both Club and 1st have bubbles which can be self served. Its Castel-NO! in Club but better in F. Excellent views of the apron and not too bad food. LHR is the same but not self service unless in the F where apparently there's somewhere tucked away where you can self serve( ?? lack of info on this anyone confirm?). LGW's Club lounge is arguably agreed as their best lounge overall beating out LHR's Flounge's in a lot of people's opinions although if you qualify for the CCR ( need to be flying 1st at your new current status I believe & that will be difficult intra-EU) then they have better dining options.

BA @ FCO has just been redone( off there in a couple weeks) and whilst limited on feedback all that I've seen anywhere has been very positive on all fronts although they do Cava there so not sure if you would count that.

DoctorCopper Jul 27, 2018 7:32 am

I would doubt that FCO would serve Cava (a Spanish wine); FCO would probably serve Prosecco.

Doc Copper

jfallesen Jul 27, 2018 7:40 am

The main FRA OneWorld lounge in T2 is the JAL Sakura lounge. The first part of this lounge has restricted opening hours as it is mainly there to serve JAL customers. It is nothing special anyway – if you arrive within a couple of hours of the JAL flight, it is likely to be very busy and the extra hot food options will most likely be gone by that time. And the standard food options in both parts of the Sakura lounge are unfortunately very German rather than Japanese. Personally, I would not make a journey for this lounge.

subject2load Jul 27, 2018 7:40 am

Don’t do a whole lot of intra-Europe travel myself, but the two OW lounges that I partcularly enjoy using in the region are CX F in LHR T3, and QR at LHR T4.

Raffles Jul 27, 2018 7:47 am

QR does not allow anyone not in J or F into the LHR lounge. Economy status pax are sent to Skyteam.

Just left Velazquez in Madrid T4S which looks good post refurb.

OverTheHorizon Jul 27, 2018 7:50 am

I quite like the AY lounge in TLL, at least when the weather's good... decent beer, decent snacks and a nice little roof terrace to enjoy them on :)

Knodde Jul 27, 2018 7:51 am

AY Helsinki lounge get a vote from me, do not miss having a GT with the Finnish gin!!

nufnuf77 Jul 27, 2018 7:51 am

CX F T3 LHR and QR J/F LHR T4 are some of the best in Europe. Somewhere behind them I would place CCR T5 LHR, then the new MAD T4S lounge

CCayley Jul 27, 2018 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Newbtravelle (Post 30018397)
So I am newly Emerald, and want to do a few weekend Europe trips to maximise the benefits (Champagne mainly)

The lounge database (thanks to the creators!!) has helped a lot. I can see FRA, HEL and WAW have emerald lounges. But I suppose these aren't guaranteed to be better than sapphire lounges!!

So please share your opinion of the best lounges for me to visit in the EU. Champagne, food, tarmac views are the relevant criteria!!

N.B. Great optional extras like massage chairs (Sapphire Sakura Lounge - NRT) are welcome too!!

Thank you!

if you are serious about organising a series of trips to Europe based solely on the quality of the lounges OW Emerald status will get you into, then I suspect you are going to be seeing a lot of Madrid (perhaps with the odd trip to Helsinki on the side).