FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best oneworld lounges in Europe. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1922066-best-oneworld-lounges-europe.html)

jmj9905 Jul 27, 2018 7:15 pm

I though I just read that the CX lounge in CDG has recently been remolded and is quite good.

windowontheAside Jul 27, 2018 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Newbtravelle (Post 30020247)
Wow thanks guys. I'll be looking for cheap flights to: MAD, HEL, CDG, BRU, FRA.

Crikey - I wouldn't include BRU on any list of favourite lounges.

dnajockey Jul 28, 2018 12:48 am

ZRH depending on which part of the terminal you fly from, has a huge lounge with open air terrace and runway views

scottishpoet Jul 28, 2018 1:20 am

the lounge you refer to at WAW is not a OW lounge but a 3rd party airport lounge that can be used by BA Gold cardholders

it is in the Schengen part of WAW, at the other end of the terminal from passport control and the Schengen flights

Not a huge problem in itself but does need to be considered when deciding when to leave the lounge.

There is another 3rd party lounge in the non Schengen area that BA uses, not exclusive to BA Gold

nivsy Jul 28, 2018 2:35 am

The GIB lounge, while sometimes busy is ok, I think it is the terrace that is a major attraction for most visitors so often busy.

greg5 Jul 28, 2018 3:05 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 30018437)
BSL doesn't have champagne - it is un vin mousseux d'Alsace.

Crèmant d'Alsace to be exact. ;) It's a good value, and I often have it at home with some nice blueberry liqueur to make Kir Royales. Do they have any fruit liqueur in the BSL lounge?

lost_in_translation Jul 28, 2018 4:31 am

Originally Posted by greg5 (Post 30021388)
Crèmant d'Alsace to be exact. ;) It's a good value, and I often have it at home with some nice blueberry liqueur to make Kir Royales. Do they have any fruit liqueur in the BSL lounge?

Sounds nice, but you won't find either of those ingredients in a Kir Royale if we're getting technical :P

florens Jul 28, 2018 5:29 am

Originally Posted by greg5 (Post 30021388)

Indeed. I stand corrected. I wouldn‘t know regarding fruit liquor.

World Traveller Fuss Jul 28, 2018 7:29 am

CX CDG. Nice views, noodle bar, and standard classy Cathay affair. Can be busy on some days of the week when there's the two late evening BA flights, Cathay's evening flight, Air India (and a few others it is shared with). But a nice space for an outstation.

Abidjan Jul 28, 2018 7:29 am

CX J/F lounge at LHR, for sure. And glad to see HEL AY lounges on the list. I agree.

itsmeitisss Jul 28, 2018 7:40 am

Originally Posted by makin'miles (Post 30019360)
I'd say CX LHR T3 F, followed by AY HEL Premium, QR LHR T4, CX LHR T3 J, QF LHR T3 and then BA LHR T5 Concorde Room, in that order (although rating on champagne alone, the CCR would move up). I haven't checked out the MAD lounges yet.

I wouldn't put AY premium above the CCR, not by a long shot. Go in there when there are a lot of Asian flights an hour or so away from scheduled departure and it's a zoo. The food is generally reasonably good, but it's all self service. Wine is vaguely ok but nowt special.

greg5 Jul 28, 2018 9:12 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 30021491)
Sounds nice, but you won't find either of those ingredients in a Kir Royale if we're getting technical :P

LOL! Indeed. Though I just wanted to point out the proper name, as it's actually a pretty decent sparkling wine for the price generally. (decent ones go for 8-10 Euro/bottle) It's also the only wine in Alsace that's legally allowed to have Chardonnay grapes in it. I've currently got a bottle from Turkheim in the fridge.

Howard Long Jul 28, 2018 10:08 am

Agreed about the QR lounge in T4, but Emarald alone is not enough, you need to be flying J or F. It’s good for propping up the bar and indulging in cocktails, and is better than the CX T3 bar (in the J section) where the bartenders don’t always have much of a clue, or bedside manner.

One thing that sets the QR lounge apart is that the staff actually seem genuinely engaged and proud to be working there, unlike the largely disinterested lounge staff who are just going through the motions that we are all accustomed to pretty much everywhere else in LHR (possibly excepting the Virgin T3 lounge).

Someone mentioned the MH T4 lounges, they’re both OK as lounges go, but I’d far rather be propping the bar up in the QR lounge opposite.

The CCR and other BA lounges in T5 lost my love some time ago, I tend to find myself in Plane Food more often than not.

TheFlyingCyclist Jul 28, 2018 11:55 am

As a run of the mill SCH, CX T3 club wins every time. Cocktails (espresso martini without having to make it yourself in a highball glass), great selection of food, Moët, more Moët. And proper ice cream, rather than the pre-melted stuff you get in GVA now they’ve changed the freezer to one that doesn’t work. Although saying that the little pies in GC T5 are nice. The HEL sauna was nice but there was the eternal dilemma of what to wear...

The QF T3 Lounge is great for some healthier snacks but it feels a bit too souless for me.

Phil the Flyer Jul 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist (Post 30022461)
The QR T3 Lounge

Do you mean QF T3 or QR T4?