Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Weather Disruption at Heathrow - 27 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weather Disruption at Heathrow - 27 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Waiting on BA798 (LHR-HEL). Northern routes out of LHR are suspended currently waiting for the thunder clouds to pass. FO is hearing hr+ delay...
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Originally Posted by barneyb
Waiting on BA798 (LHR-HEL). Northern routes out of LHR are suspended currently waiting for the thunder clouds to pass. FO is hearing hr+ delay...
Oh that’ll foul things up nicely; LHR will be out of stands in no time.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
same here, awaiting 2100 flight to ABZ, showing a slot delay and arrival in to ABZ at least 1 hour late. Oddly just come down from LBA and we departed on time, no holding, and on to stand 10-15 mins early.

Originally Posted by dakaix
Oh that’ll foul things up nicely; LHR will be out of stands in no time.
I suspect most will push off stand and wait somewhere in a corner to avoid that problem.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Lovely folks in the EDI lounge have shifted me onto the earlier 1463 proactively when I went to ask what the chances we’d actually get out tonight were. I’ll actually be close to original schedule, couldn’t really ask for more to be honest so they get a well done from me today.
PETER01 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
We are finally on the move at GVA, good luck to all those still hanging about!
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by KARFA
same here, awaiting 2100 flight to ABZ, showing a slot delay and arrival in to ABZ at least 1 hour late. Oddly just come down from LBA and we departed on time, no holding, and on to stand 10-15 mins early.

I suspect most will push off stand and wait somewhere in a corner to avoid that problem.
2130z CTOT
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Flight now delayed from AMS until nearly 1:00am.

Anyone know if BA would cover an extra day of short-stay car park?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:42 pm

Sounds like its now open, and we have just pushed off the gate. FO said there is a long backlog hearing some planes are over 30th in queue for a northern route out...
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Airprox
2130z CTOT
i thought that didn’t sound too bad then I realised you are quoting Zulu time
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:54 pm

Sounds like its now open, and we have just pushed off the gate. FO said there is a long backlog hearing some planes are over 30th in queue for a northern route out...
And they have closed north eastly again...
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:11 pm

This hasn't helped with the situation in the Northeast US. All American flights from Montreal (YUL) to JFK after midday have been cancelled and I've been rebooked on the direct flight from YUL to LHR which is now scheduled to be about 3 hours late.
I've had to leave the airport and go home - I'll be arriving in London 6 hours later than planned if storms tomorrow morning don't materialise. If they do....
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
I envy you all...1000 car queue in Dover
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Airprox
2130z CTOT
looks like that was optimistic! Remote hold atm along with a flight to GLA and a heavily delayed AMS flight originally due off at 1800.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by MCM1
Flight now delayed from AMS until nearly 1:00am.

Anyone know if BA would cover an extra day of short-stay car park?
theres a good chance the car park operator will waive the extra charge not guaranteed of course but see what happens if you ask them. FWIW someone hit by a Jubilee Line train so if you would have been rebooked on the 4.20pm out of AMS you’d have got nowhere on the Jubilee Line from Canning Tpwn, admittedly DLR working but Friday evening Canary Wharf workers wanting to get home would have made it a journey from hell in oven like Temperatures.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I have friends on the BA970 to BUD, which has at least a 2 hour delay from 20:45 and could be 3 hours. They are sitting on the aircraft awaiting a slot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.