Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Did BA serve hot breakfasts on short haul flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald

On a 2 hour flight from PEK - CSX this morning on Air China. This was served up in economy. I am so used to BYOB, I struggle to remember if BA used to serve hot food on short haul flights... Food tasted awful, but it was nice to have a hot breakfast at the back of the plane :-)
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:42 am

Yes, for many years there was hot breakfast in Y from LGW to MAN, GLA etc.

Then according to AC feedback from travelers was they preferred to pay for BoB instead
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
GLA-LHR used to be a super quick hot Full English
Calum likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Until Buy On Board, you got a breakfast on the morning Scotland to London flights. It was a major loss when this was removed.

Actually, does anyone know if you still get breakfast on the CityFlier services EDI-LCY? Haven’t done one of those for ages.
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They still do serve full breakfast in CE domestically, if we exclude MAN and LBA (but include JER). In the good old days BA served a hot breakfast to the entire one-class B767 from EDI to LHR (etc), even if it did resemble feeding the penguins at Edinburgh Zoo. BACF services in ET have a croissant, CE gets the full hot breakfast.

I can't say that photo would encourage me to look forward to the inflight meal, both now and then the BA short distance hot breakfast looks and tastes quite edible. And perhaps rather better than some longhaul breakfast combinations.
T8191, Calum and BobServant like this.
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Yes, they did. I remember many a morning sat onboard on the apron at MAN eating my full English waiting for a slot to fly down to LHR/LGW. If fed in the cruise it was always a rush, the tray almost thrown at you as the trolly sprinted down the aisle!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Been doing the LHR - MAD route since I was tiny as I have family there which is about the same length flight and yes salad, juice, full english, croissant, tea/coffee Remember being a student and polishing it off so quickly my neighbour, an older businessman offering his croissant. Had turned into a biscuit and tea by the time they introduced BOB though.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They still do serve full breakfast in CE domestically, if we exclude MAN and LBA (but include JER). In the good old days BA served a hot breakfast to the entire one-class B767 from EDI to LHR (etc), even if it did resemble feeding the penguins at Edinburgh Zoo. BACF services in ET have a croissant, CE gets the full hot breakfast.

I can't say that photo would encourage me to look forward to the inflight meal, both now and then the BA short distance hot breakfast looks and tastes quite edible. And perhaps rather better than some longhaul breakfast combinations.

I used to find the breakfast decent on the Y sector between GLA and LHR and if you had Lounge access and a short connection there was every posibility of ending up with 3 of them haha

Recently on the first GLA - LCY of the day on Cityflier I got a bacon roll which was pretty nice and even included choice of sauce
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
GLA-LCY with City flyer last week, breakfast in Euro Traveller was a bacon roll with Tea and coffee, or a light option, but I didn't ask what that was.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Breakfast is the only meal that BA have pretty much constantly made a decent fist of (I personally quite liked the GC bacon rolls) across the network.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Wow.. I honestly can't remember hot food on short flights... but I'm sure we are all thankful for the improved service and meals offered by BA & M&S
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
onboard on the apron at MAN eating my full English !
Can't say I've ever heard of service before take-off
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by GK1981
GLA-LCY with City flyer last week, breakfast in Euro Traveller was a bacon roll with Tea and coffee, or a light option, but I didn't ask what that was.
My guess the light option is just coffee
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by babats
Can't say I've ever heard of service before take-off
I had breakfast served prior to take off on a very delayed flight once where we were sitting on the apron for several hours.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
BA EDI/LCY yesterday was Bacon Roll with HP Sauce or Ketchup. 'Light' wasn't an option

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.