FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Did BA serve hot breakfasts on short haul flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1917093-did-ba-serve-hot-breakfasts-short-haul-flights.html)

IntVic Jun 29, 2018 4:40 am

Did BA serve hot breakfasts on short haul flights?

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c2d42495c.jpeg

On a 2 hour flight from PEK - CSX this morning on Air China. This was served up in economy. I am so used to BYOB, I struggle to remember if BA used to serve hot food on short haul flights... Food tasted awful, but it was nice to have a hot breakfast at the back of the plane :-)

simons1 Jun 29, 2018 4:42 am

Yes, for many years there was hot breakfast in Y from LGW to MAN, GLA etc.

Then according to AC feedback from travelers was they preferred to pay for BoB instead :D

mikeyfly Jun 29, 2018 4:43 am

GLA-LHR used to be a super quick hot Full English

BobServant Jun 29, 2018 4:44 am

Until Buy On Board, you got a breakfast on the morning Scotland to London flights. It was a major loss when this was removed.

Actually, does anyone know if you still get breakfast on the CityFlier services EDI-LCY? Haven’t done one of those for ages.

corporate-wage-slave Jun 29, 2018 4:44 am

They still do serve full breakfast in CE domestically, if we exclude MAN and LBA (but include JER). In the good old days BA served a hot breakfast to the entire one-class B767 from EDI to LHR (etc), even if it did resemble feeding the penguins at Edinburgh Zoo. BACF services in ET have a croissant, CE gets the full hot breakfast.

I can't say that photo would encourage me to look forward to the inflight meal, both now and then the BA short distance hot breakfast looks and tastes quite edible. And perhaps rather better than some longhaul breakfast combinations.

Tobias-UK Jun 29, 2018 4:44 am

Yes, they did. I remember many a morning sat onboard on the apron at MAN eating my full English waiting for a slot to fly down to LHR/LGW. If fed in the cruise it was always a rush, the tray almost thrown at you as the trolly sprinted down the aisle!

criso Jun 29, 2018 4:54 am

Been doing the LHR - MAD route since I was tiny as I have family there which is about the same length flight and yes salad, juice, full english, croissant, tea/coffee Remember being a student and polishing it off so quickly my neighbour, an older businessman offering his croissant. Had turned into a biscuit and tea by the time they introduced BOB though.

cgtechuk Jun 29, 2018 4:55 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29919435)
They still do serve full breakfast in CE domestically, if we exclude MAN and LBA (but include JER). In the good old days BA served a hot breakfast to the entire one-class B767 from EDI to LHR (etc), even if it did resemble feeding the penguins at Edinburgh Zoo. BACF services in ET have a croissant, CE gets the full hot breakfast.

I can't say that photo would encourage me to look forward to the inflight meal, both now and then the BA short distance hot breakfast looks and tastes quite edible. And perhaps rather better than some longhaul breakfast combinations.

I used to find the breakfast decent on the Y sector between GLA and LHR and if you had Lounge access and a short connection there was every posibility of ending up with 3 of them haha :)

Recently on the first GLA - LCY of the day on Cityflier I got a bacon roll which was pretty nice and even included choice of sauce :D

GK1981 Jun 29, 2018 4:56 am

GLA-LCY with City flyer last week, breakfast in Euro Traveller was a bacon roll with Tea and coffee, or a light option, but I didn't ask what that was.

Worcester Jun 29, 2018 4:59 am

Breakfast is the only meal that BA have pretty much constantly made a decent fist of (I personally quite liked the GC bacon rolls) across the network.

IntVic Jun 29, 2018 4:59 am

Wow.. I honestly can't remember hot food on short flights... but I'm sure we are all thankful for the improved service and meals offered by BA & M&S :p

babats Jun 29, 2018 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 29919436)
onboard on the apron at MAN eating my full English !

Can't say I've ever heard of service before take-off

cgtechuk Jun 29, 2018 5:19 am

Originally Posted by GK1981 (Post 29919464)
GLA-LCY with City flyer last week, breakfast in Euro Traveller was a bacon roll with Tea and coffee, or a light option, but I didn't ask what that was.

My guess the light option is just coffee :)

Worcester Jun 29, 2018 5:19 am

Originally Posted by babats (Post 29919495)
Can't say I've ever heard of service before take-off

I had breakfast served prior to take off on a very delayed flight once where we were sitting on the apron for several hours.

DazMan Jun 29, 2018 5:22 am

BA EDI/LCY yesterday was Bacon Roll with HP Sauce or Ketchup. 'Light' wasn't an option