Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Reply

Old Jun 18, 18, 4:00 pm
  #241  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: BA
Posts: 8
Yes, has to be booked with the same OTA and the discount is per passenger and is applied per passenger, so if you say had a family of 4 your get 4 x 100 vouchers, but each one can only be applied against a new ticket, so you can't use the 400 for yourself to escape the family !
KARFA likes this.
mobbo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 18, 4:01 pm
  #242  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAGGL, TK Elite, Accor Gold, Hilton Dia, IHG Plat
Posts: 890
This (the idea of the voucher through the OTA) is contradictory to what the BA GGL line told me and also my OTA (Omega) on the phone.

Also the email Omega sent me about the glitch said


British Airways is also providing a voucher of 100 GBP per passenger as a compensation you will receive in 3- 5 working days which you can utilise directly with the airlines.
Which OTA did you use? Thanks
Woodbinerich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 18, 4:08 pm
  #243  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: BA
Posts: 8
Unless they are telling different OTA customers different things


Voucher details

1. Can only be used by affected customers, discount is not transferrable and has no cash value

2. Bookings to be made via the original travel agent. Discount is not available via BA directly or via another agent.

3. New booking must be made by 31 July 2018 for travel by 30 June 2019

4. 100 per customer to be used against a future booking on BA services
mobbo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 18, 4:21 pm
  #244  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich View Post


Interesting , would be good to see an update on this on if they get any issues either at the airport or the return flight.
Thanks!
Update. No issues at the airport and have arrived safe and sound. Return is next week but I doubt BA will leave them high and dry if they cancel.


On another note. I booked 8 tickets with a Ota called World Travel and they are adamant that the tickets will be honored. They claim that they have liaised with Ba and all the tickets will be reissued. I find that very very hard to believe. (Meanwhile they are cancelled with the same manifest fare error)
shayele is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 18, 4:22 pm
  #245  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by mobbo View Post
Yes, has to be booked with the same OTA and the discount is per passenger and is applied per passenger, so if you say had a family of 4 your get 4 x 100 vouchers, but each one can only be applied against a new ticket, so you can't use the 400 for yourself to escape the family !

Can vouchers with BA be stacked?

(I know these weren't BA vouchers but my question is in general)

Last edited by shayele; Jun 18, 18 at 4:24 pm Reason: Mistake
shayele is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 18, 10:46 pm
  #246  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Programs: AA EXP/LTP 4MM, BA GGL/CCR, HH Dia, SPG Plat/LTP
Posts: 9,163
Surprisingly, Omega has sent different explanatory e-mails. Over the phone I was told that "due to the glitch caused by BA, they are giving every affected passenger a voucher worth 100". In my e-mail, considerably shorter than quoted by @Woodbinerich, it just says " Airline will also provide 100 voucher per person as compensation"

None of these statements implies other than what many others also understood, a voucher/code from BA to be used for future travel. As 'First impression lasts', my experience with Omega does not entice me to continue our short relationship
onobond is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 18, 10:54 pm
  #247  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sapporo, Japan
Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Posts: 424
Originally Posted by shayele View Post
Update. No issues at the airport and have arrived safe and sound. Return is next week but I doubt BA will leave them high and dry if they cancel.


On another note. I booked 8 tickets with a Ota called World Travel and they are adamant that the tickets will be honored. They claim that they have liaised with Ba and all the tickets will be reissued. I find that very very hard to believe. (Meanwhile they are cancelled with the same manifest fare error)
Sounds like all the OTAs and BA have different stories and ideas about what is going to happen. It'll be interesting to see if your tickets do get reissued. I suspect that if they are, this whole clusterf will just get worse for BA.
flyuk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 18, 1:38 am
  #248  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: BA
Posts: 5
I don't understand, instead of offering (some passengers) a voucher, why don't ba give everyone a option of transferring their flight to the basic fare. That way they would make their money back from suitcase sales. I would be happy with that. (I only need 1 or 2 suitcases for the family)
sunnyuk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 18, 1:47 am
  #249  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 38,630
Originally Posted by sunnyuk View Post
I don't understand, instead of offering (some passengers) a voucher, why don't ba give everyone a option of transferring their flight to the basic fare. That way they would make their money back from suitcase sales. I would be happy with that. (I only need 1 or 2 suitcases for the family)
With the refund the person can rebook at such a fare and get a GBP100 discount using the voucher - seems even better for the person
Dave Noble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 18, 2:01 am
  #250  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ipswich
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 7,086
Vouchers are generally pretty cheap forms of compensation as the redeem rate is often surprisingly low.
windowontheAside is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 18, 2:07 am
  #251  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL/CCR, IHG Spire
Posts: 790
Just had a few mins between meetings and called Omega - straight through and super helpful, think I would use the guys again if I needed a TA. Not sure what the last paragraph means though!

Here's the email...

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is in regards with your Booking Reference Number- <redacted>, We are very sorry to inform you but your booking got cancelled by British Airways due to their system glitch (Manifest Fare Loading Error).

As your booking agent we asked airline for alternate flight / reshedule options however British Airways denied and instructed us that they have cancelled and processed full refund of total amount paid by customer . We sincerely apologies for this unusual error from British Airways. Airline will also provide 100 voucher per person as compensation. Please note we will process your refund today only, however it might be possible that the amount will reflect in your account or card in 03 to 05 business days. You will receive 100 voucher with refund amount only.

Also as we are your booking agent , we want to help you with new booking however it will be as per today's availability of seats and fares. We will adjust the full refund amount with your new booking with us and waive off the new booking admin fee as one time gesture of goodwill .

Kindly acknowledge this email by replying to us.

Thank you for your understanding & patience.
our_kid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 18, 2:12 am
  #252  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sapporo, Japan
Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Posts: 424
Understanding? hehehe...
flyuk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 18, 2:38 am
  #253  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, UK
Programs: Mucci des Cieux Bleus de British Airways BA GGL/CCR
Posts: 305
Originally Posted by our_kid View Post
Just had a few mins between meetings and called Omega - straight through and super helpful, think I would use the guys again if I needed a TA. Not sure what the last paragraph means though!

Here's the email...

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is in regards with your Booking Reference Number- <redacted>, We are very sorry to inform you but your booking got cancelled by British Airways due to their system glitch (Manifest Fare Loading Error).

As your booking agent we asked airline for alternate flight / reshedule options however British Airways denied and instructed us that they have cancelled and processed full refund of total amount paid by customer . We sincerely apologies for this unusual error from British Airways. Airline will also provide 100 voucher per person as compensation. Please note we will process your refund today only, however it might be possible that the amount will reflect in your account or card in 03 to 05 business days. You will receive 100 voucher with refund amount only.

Also as we are your booking agent , we want to help you with new booking however it will be as per today's availability of seats and fares. We will adjust the full refund amount with your new booking with us and waive off the new booking admin fee as one time gesture of goodwill .

Kindly acknowledge this email by replying to us.

Thank you for your understanding & patience.
Is this a cut and paste of the actual email? If so, the person who wrote it needs sacking. Immediately.
flyuk likes this.
Mike P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 18, 2:42 am
  #254  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Posts: 2,495
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Rather than focusing on someone to blame (TA/IATA/airline) it is clear that refunds shouldn't be taking as long as noted by onobond - unless of course the airline concerned has cash flow issues and would prefer to hang on to it as long as possible
I agree 100% with that - it's explaining that TA's are expected to refund immediately when they don't have the money, the airline do. And I know TA's can be reluctant to refund until they have the money back from the airline as frequently they have to dispute ADM's or refund amounts. If you book directly with the airline, and they are being slow with refunds it's because a) they have a shoddy or understaffed accounting dept, or they are using it as cashflow, which is worrying.
Sam Bee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 18, 2:52 am
  #255  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: BA Silver, RCCL Diamond Plus
Posts: 33
This is exactly the same email as I received I hope it's not a template and that we just had the same person write the mail!
dp1586 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread