Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Points Year End Cutoff

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Joe McGarey
Does the 2 week grace period exist still? If I were to do an EDI run up to 2 weeks after the cut off, could this count toward my previous years collection?
Yes, and yes.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Sorry to bump but a quick question on this.

My year ends 8th Nov and I have a flight 10th Nov which I would like credited to year ending 8th Nov 19.

Is it advisable to ring now and request or ring after the flight?

Many thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lioneye
Sorry to bump but a quick question on this.

My year ends 8th Nov and I have a flight 10th Nov which I would like credited to year ending 8th Nov 19.

Is it advisable to ring now and request or ring after the flight?

Many thanks.
Are you falling just short of achieving/renewing a status level by the end of your membership year? Would the TPs from this 10 Nov flight be one which allows you to achieve/renew?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Call after - but only after following @KARFA advice re assessing whether this is really what you need to do.

People who have called before the event have simply been told to call back after the flights have posted.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Yep, it is to achieve next level.

Many thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Aer Lingus Platinum
Hi,

I am new to this group.

I have a similar question. My year end finishes on Dec 8th. To retain gold I need 330 points and wondering if i could utilize the grace period. Would either of these two options will allow me retain gold considering the grace period?

Option 1
Three flights on 8th December to get me 320
Two flights on 12th December to get me 180

Option 2
Two flights on 8th December to get me 180

I prefer Option 2 as its less hours travelling. Was only considering option 1 to earn as much as possible within my earning year.

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by kaytraveller
Hi,

I am new to this group.

I have a similar question. My year end finishes on Dec 8th. To retain gold I need 330 points and wondering if i could utilize the grace period. Would either of these two options will allow me retain gold considering the grace period?

Option 1
Three flights on 8th December to get me 320

Option 2
Two flights on 8th December to get me 180

I prefer Option 2 as its less hours travelling. Was only considering option 1 to earn as much as possible within my earning year.

Thanks in advance

Hi kaytraveller.

Weclome to flyertalk and the BA forum!

Both will work. As you are just over the gold threshold with the 330tps the extra tier points from Option 1 will effectively be wasted ( they should and probably will be removed after adjustment) but they will count for lifetime status ( and the extra avios for flying). By doing 2 you could save time and money to start earning tier points to renew gold the following year.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum kaytraveller. It's good to see you here.

My take on this is that both are equally good for the purpose, and it doesn't make much difference from BA's perspective. So you may as well go with the one that suits you most. If Option 1 was a go-er, the only benefit I can think of is if you had another fight you could in November, such as a quick back to back from LGW to EDI, just to save the need to call up. That said I've never heard any get the 2 week extension denied if it's about maintaining an existing Gold card status.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi kaytraveller.

Weclome to flyertalk and the BA forum!

Both will work. As you are just over the gold threshold with the 330tps the extra tier points from Option 1 will effectively be wasted ( they should and probably will be removed after adjustment) but they will count for lifetime status ( and the extra avios for flying). By doing 2 you could save time and money to start earning tier points to renew gold the following year.

Regards

TBS
Thank you TBS. Didn't think of the wasted part but that certainly helps me save travel time
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum kaytraveller. It's good to see you here.

My take on this is that both are equally good for the purpose, and it doesn't make much difference from BA's perspective. So you may as well go with the one that suits you most. If Option 1 was a go-er, the only benefit I can think of is if you had another fight you could in November, such as a quick back to back from LGW to EDI, just to save the need to call up. That said I've never heard any get the 2 week extension denied if it's about maintaining an existing Gold card status.
Thank you. I never even knew of this 2 week extension. So grateful forums like this
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: One World
BA Tier Points Year End Cutoff

Hello: my BA tier points year end cut off question is the opposite of what has been asked before.

My BA TP year end date is Feb. 8th. I will have retained BA Gold Status by then.

I have two flights departing on Feb. 8t. I would like to apply the TP to the next year, ie 2020, rather than in 2019.

Questions:

1. Does the two week grace period mentioned allow me to request that my points be applied to the 2020 tier points collection year?
2. What time zone is used to calculate midnight Dec. 8th? Is it British Standard time or the time I board the flight (which will be Feb. 9th for one of my flights)?

Thank you
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
1/ No

2/ date in the country of departure at time of departure
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: One World
Many thanks Scottish Poet for the super prompt response!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.