Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

When does row 1 CE get released to non gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does row 1 CE get released to non gold

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
It wasn't me! Why bother moving to a middle seat!
I presumed he was in a middle seat further back (as he said he didn't believe in paying seat selection fees) and when the extra legroom exit row middle was unoccupied, he always moved there.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
I recently travelled in CE GLA > LGW > ALC and return. I’m silver and my wife and son are bronze. Son and myself on a separate booking from my wife.

I noticed row 1 opened up for both bookings just before T-72 for the GLA > LGW leg out bound so did some checking, tinkering and refreshing while logging in and out of both my wife’s and my own booking for the remaining legs, both outbound and in bound. It appears that row one in CE opens up for non golds at T-72 hours and 30 minutes. This seemed consistent and fairly precise with regards to the timing of row 1 opening up.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Aug 11, 2019 at 4:01 pm
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by gcuk
I presumed he was in a middle seat further back (as he said he didn't believe in paying seat selection fees) and when the extra legroom exit row middle was unoccupied, he always moved there.
One of my colleagues (with no status and who doesn’t check in online) has had very good luck and on the past few flights that I have been with him, he has ended up in the exit row albeit in the middle seat.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
One of the quirks of TS is that, since the exit row will usually have status holders at the window and aisle then the middle seats will be one of the last to free up, so on busy flighta non status holders who check in at the airport are the most likely to see them available
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
When does row 1 CE get released to non gold?

Pretty sure there is a thread of asking Gold Card Holders questions about all the things relevant to know in life. With limited time available, I did not find it.

Would not have been surprised, had the question in OP been raised there, the answer might have been: Why would it ever be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.