Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

When does row 1 CE get released to non gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Exec Silver, AmEx Platinum, PP

Does anyone know when CE row 1 seats get released?
Old May 21, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by baexecsilver_eu1
Does anyone know when CE row 1 seats get released?
It’s a bit of a mystery even to me as Gold how Row 1 works. Sometimes they block the seat next to a Gold so you can never choose it. ( think this is dependent on how busy CE is) Sometimes on initially booking they put me in Row 2 and I have to manually move myself to Row 1.

There’s obviously some IT algorithm at work, but I can’t quite fathom it!

Sealink likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver
72 hours IME.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, it's normally 72 hrs, unless BA thinks they need to hold the seats back for for a late Gold rush, or TS has blocked them all off.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Tends to be 72 hours before, but in my experience it opens up sometime 3 days before. So maybe not exactly at 72 hours just depends. Worthwhile checking 3 days before in the morning to see if it has opened up depending when your flight is.

happy travels!
Old May 21, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
72 hours IME.
I used to notice this when Silver, but something has changed, Before I was Gold last December my other half who is Gold was booked in 1A. I was on a separate booking and even within 24 hours 1C was still blocked. Yet, they could see it as free. We experimented and they moved from 1A, then I immediately saw both 1A & 1C as free. I moved to Row 1 and then they moved back next to me!

Like I said BA IT has the ability to block seats for non Gold even at less than T-24
Old May 21, 2018, 2:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cheshirepete

I used to notice this when Silver, but something has changed, Before I was Gold last December my other half who is Gold was booked in 1A. I was on a separate booking and even within 24 hours 1C was still blocked. Yet, they could see it as free. We experimented and they moved from 1A, then I immediately saw both 1A & 1C as free. I moved to Row 1 and then they moved back next to me!

Like I said BA IT has the ability to block seats for non Gold even at less than T-24
the blocking of 1c was very likely due to Theoretical Seating https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ts-status.html

had no one or a non gold/GGL been sat in 1a I suspect you would have been able to move to 1c
Old May 21, 2018, 2:50 pm

I asked at check in this morning if anything was available in row 1, and to be told it was all occupied, c&d were both vacant for the flight I was in 3D

outboubd i I had the whole of row 1 which I changed to about 2 days before
Old May 21, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by cheshirepete

If I've understood correctly, isn't this just theoretical seating at work.

1C was blocked to you, but not your other half because they were in 1A. A Silver can't override the block of a Gold to my knowledge.

So they move out, the block moves with them and you can then move into Row 1. The seat next to you is blocked, but not to a Gold so they can move next to you.
Robespierre, flygirl68 and KARFA like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
If I've understood correctly, isn't this just theoretical seating at work.

1C was blocked to you, but not your other half because they were in 1A. A Silver can't override the block of a Gold to my knowledge.

So they move out, the block moves with them and you can then move into Row 1. The seat next to you is blocked, but not to a Gold so they can move next to you.
Yes! I thought only “Premiere” could block seats. So something I’d not noticed before for a mere Gold!
Old May 22, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by mwp1
I asked at check in this morning if anything was available in row 1, and to be told it was all occupied, c&d were both vacant for the flight I was in 3D

outboubd i I had the whole of row 1 which I changed to about 2 days before
Do they serve now champagne again from small bottles?
Old May 22, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Depends on the length of flight I think. I've been served from the small bottles to EDI this year but a full-size one to CPH and ARN.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by jackcarr
Depends on the length of flight I think. I've been served from the small bottles to EDI this year but a full-size one to CPH and ARN.
Yes, that's correct. Flights in the Short band get the quarter bottles, while Medium and Long band get served from full size. More info in the Club Europe catering guide including which destinations are in which band.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
On a not unrelated note, the basource doesn't recommend row 1 on the E170. Are there any recommended seats similar to 2 C/D on the E190?
Old May 22, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by mattyw
On a not unrelated note, the basource doesn't recommend row 1 on the E170. Are there any recommended seats similar to 2 C/D on the E190?
All seats on the E170 are bad. Row 1 is the least bad, but not even close to 2CD on the E190.

If the basource recommends you not to select row 1 it may need updating...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.