Wiki Posts
Search

......and you thought BA was bad!

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
......and you thought BA was bad!

Currently travelling in Oz and just had two QF experiences.

1) Had to change two flights. The only no that you can use is 131313 - kept getting a message "Please hold. You are in a queue - wait time is over one hour!". I had that experience a couple of years ago, so it hasn't got better! Ended up going out to Darwin airport and changing them there!
2) Our direct flight HTI-MEL next Sunday has been cancelled, so QF has rebooked us. Despite there being connecting flights with available seats via SYD and via BNE, QF has decided to send us on a 1h15min flight NORTH to Cairns and then CNS-MEL - journey time two hours longer that the other options!
Old May 6, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I am not sure how this belongs in the BAEC forum despite the attempt to 'compare' it to BA in the title.

bad experiences happen with any airline and you aren't happy with yours. I have always found QF to be very good all around.
:D!, Ldnn1, orbitmic and 1 others like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:30 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I had reason to call the BA Silver line twice yesterday.

First one one was to do a UuA. Answered relatively quickly but my heart sank a little when it was evident I had been put through to the Indian call centre. First agent went through my requirements and transferred to another agent to do the upgrade. Apart from the agent not realising my flight was operated on a two class mid-haul and him trying to look for WTP availability, the agent was very helpful. Call took an hour due to some system problem but it was completed thankfully.

Second call all answered really quickly again and this was to do with the baggage allowance shown in MMB. I know that it was wrong but wanted a note in my booking to highlight I had called and what the proper allowance wa as I don’t want any hassles at DME in the middle of the night. Again, put through to the Indian call centre and the agent reeled off the proper baggage allowance due to class and status but certainly not sounding as if it was from a script.

Both calls answered quickly and outcome satisfactory which is a far cry from any other time I have been put through to the Indian call centre.

S
rapidex and hugolover like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
QF twitter team are very responsive in my experience, may be worth a try in future rather than phoning?
Old May 6, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by chris1979
I am not sure how this belongs in the BAEC forum despite the attempt to 'compare' it to BA in the title.

bad experiences happen with any airline and you aren't happy with yours. I have always found QF to be very good all around.
Although there is a perfectly valid point given the amount of stuff on this board about how BA is the worst airline, BA has the worst business class seat, BA has the worst airline website, etc.

Those FTers who are regular BA pax and who genuinely think that (and I am not as naive as to think that everyone who says it genuinely thinks it) are probably people who don't actually have that much experience of flying on other airlines. They're pretty much all universally capable of aggravating you.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Although there is a perfectly valid point given the amount of stuff on this board about how BA is the worst airline, BA has the worst business class seat, BA has the worst airline website, etc.

Those FTers who are regular BA pax and who genuinely think that (and I am not as naive as to think that everyone who says it genuinely thinks it) are probably people who don't actually have that much experience of flying on other airlines. They're pretty much all universally capable of aggravating you.
I think you have exaggerated BA basher's claim. As far as I see, the argument is as below:

BA used to be a world leading airline in innovation and customer service, but its product cycle had shown its age and not up to the new standard of the industry and its customer service had deteriorated due to various cost cutting methods which is debatable.

So far I have seen people who bashed BA because of their flying experience with other airlines (e.g. CX, QR, AA, JL...). I hardly see anyone who bashes BA with BA only flying (you see more BA defenders among this group). And to be honest, none of the BA bashers said BA is the worst airline or rubbish airline. As a BA basher I am just not happy with the direction of BA is heading. I am sure other BA bashers would agree. And I am sure neutrals would agree with me on this point too.
subject2load and Crampedin13A like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser

I am not sure how this passenger's 'bad' experience (and really it doesn't seem like *that* bad an experience anyway) with Qantas domestic flying makes BA's long-haul business class seat more competitive.
Old May 6, 2018, 11:29 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As the OP’s post clearly really belongs in the QF forum, but subsequent contributions have made reference to wholly unrelated BA service experiences, there really is now little point in moving it because we have an unfocused thread which makes little sense here.

We'll therefore close it down at this point.

/Mod
:D! likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.