Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Negative Avios balance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Negative Avios balance

Hi guys, I've got a tricky question about Avios balance... The thing is - me and my wife, we have household BAEC accounts. My wife was shopping online through eStore (bought a sofa) few months ago, and got Avios credited to her account. Then we've bought reward tickets using my and her Avios points (11k from my account, 9k from her account). Now we have had to return that sofa, got money refunded, and I believe those Avios points will be taken back as well. So now there is the problem - she will have negative Avios balance on her BAEC account. What will happen next?

- What will happen with our rewards tickets, will BA cancel them, or anything else?
- What will happen with our household balance? I believe it becomes negative as well, so I won't be able to use my Avios points, while my wife's Avios balance is negative?
- Or maybe I could just remove my wife's account from our household for now, until she gets her balance from negative?

Thnx in advance...

Last edited by oruvin; Apr 24, 2018 at 7:51 am
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
I have a suspicion that the avios you earned for that transaction will never be taken back.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armouredant
I have a suspicion that the avios you earned for that transaction will never be taken back.
Well, that would be great
But I've had similar situation with avios.com, where I had to return some goods and got rewarded Avios points taken back.
Didn't have negative balance though, so no clue how they gonna manage it, hence the question...

Last edited by oruvin; Apr 24, 2018 at 9:00 am
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL
I've had negative Avios balance in BA credit card before.

Wonder if BAEC operates in the same way...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Your BAEC balance will not become negative if you have earned Avios via credit card spend. The Avios balance on the credit card will become negative, and no new Avios will be credited to your BAEC account by your credit card company until you have made enough purchases to make up for the returned item.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Your BAEC balance will not become negative if you have earned Avios via credit card spend. The Avios balance on the credit card will become negative, and no new Avios will be credited to your BAEC account by your credit card company until you have made enough purchases to make up for the returned item.
The OP is talking about Avios earned via the eStore.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by ringingup

Oh, I did not realize that. My mistake.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ringingup
That's right, sorry I wasn't clear - was shopping with partner retailer through eStore.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Tesco Clubcard, Heathrow Rewards, M&S Sparks, Caffè Nero, HSBC rewards... BAEC defector
Originally Posted by oruvin
Well, that would be great
But I've had similar situation with avios.com, where I had to return some goods and got rewarded Avios points taken back.
Didn't have negative balance though, so no clue how they gonna manage it, hence the question...
A very general observation that does nothing to help with the situation, but it may be good practice to remove anything from the picture that may potentially be traceable back to you?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 07L 25R
A very general observation that does nothing to help with the situation, but it may be good practice to remove anything from the picture that may potentially be traceable back to you?
I didn't think someone would be interested in my transaction IDs... But removed screenshot anyway, thnx.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.