Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Involuntary denial of boarding, please help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Involuntary denial of boarding, please help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:48 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I wonder if any progress has been made on this case in the last month. Any news?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:25 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I wonder if any progress has been made on this case in the last month. Any news?
Whelp, I guess not.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:56 am

Whelp, I guess not.
Yes, tumbleweeds...
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:07 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
For information, yesterday Frank Gardner tweeted that once more time, Omniserv fail to do their services and let him rot inside the aircraft. The BA crew provided the disability assistance Omniserv should have done. So Heathrow is still not able to provide this regulatory service despite high profile cases.

By the way, where are we with the assertions that BA can not legally monitor the service done by Omniserv ?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It would also be worth noting that US law (14 CFR 250.5) provides for involuntary denied boarding compensation of up to US$1350.
Originally Posted by tangey
If this a simple IDB on a BA flight departing the US, I can confirm that for an IDB in Nov flying Las Vegas to LHR, I received $1350 x2 prepaid cards( two people in my party) there and then, and food, lodgings and transport to hotel and on the next flight, which was the next day.

I queried the high payout on FT, and after some discussion it was deemed to be due to the US Department of Trade regulations.
I should also add we were flying in CW. We were offered to fly in WT instead (WTP was fully booked), but when I pointed out that my partner had an serious impediment in her knee which required that we flew CW in order for her leg to be raised and flat, the decision was made by the BA staff to go down the IDB route. In comparison to the OP, who has medical issues that are clearly an order of magnitude greater than what my partner was dealing with, it's my personal opinion that the issue was dealt with very poorly by BA.

It is impossible to conceive that the other 10 or so passengers who did in fact fly in 1st on the intended flight, all had a stronger case to do so, than the OP. I find it hard to understand that once aware of the situation, whoever had ultimate control of boarding of the aircraft made the decision that they did. The obvious choice would have been to IDB/downgrade someone else, rather than force the OP to have no option but to refuse the inappropriate downgrade, when it was clear that the OP would be so severly impacted by a lesser seat that flying would not be an option. The offer to switch to an entirely different airport was also, IMO, very inappropriate and likely made by someone that had no empathy or understanding of the trauma that change of plans would have on the OP.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Whelp, I guess not.
Nothing has happened, partially because I have had to put this aside entirely whilst I concentrate on health related matters. I still intend to persue this further at some point and have been informed that I have up to two years from the date of travel to do so with the relevant authorities.
Ancient Observer and Nick Art like this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Deniedboardinghelp
Nothing has happened, partially because I have had to put this aside entirely whilst I concentrate on health related matters. I still intend to persue this further at some point and have been informed that I have up to two years from the date of travel to do so with the relevant authorities.
Thank you for coming back and updating us, @Deniedboardinghelp, despite the fact you have absolutely no obligation to nor to disclose reasons why not. I am sorry to hear why you have had put this aside for the moment and hope the health issues resolve positively for you soon.

Re-reading this thread several months later, I am still aghast that someone in BA customer service didn't pro-actively pursue this to resolve the situation positively early on.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
@deniedboardinghelp

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been unwell. I hope that you can recover some semblance of normality soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.