Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What the Lord Giveth, the Lord taketh away - T5 F lounge catering

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What the Lord Giveth, the Lord taketh away - T5 F lounge catering

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Don’t forget the rather bland salmon ... I should think the source of that was a bit fishy as well ...
I await our resident grumbly ex-Scot to come to the defence of Scottish farmed salmon.

Even though it's flabby pale stuff compared to wild salmon, I'm afraid that salmon there looks much like most other farmed mild smoked salmon to me.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
[QUOTE=corporate-wage-slave;29645177]A hen owner (I've got about 40 of them) writes:

And now we know where BA get their eggs from!!!
ML
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I know what I'm talking about.
It had to happen one day.
truncated and jday like this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flatlander
I await our resident grumbly ex-Scot to come to the defence of Scottish farmed salmon.

Even though it's flabby pale stuff compared to wild salmon, I'm afraid that salmon there looks much like most other farmed mild smoked salmon to me.
Until wild salmon stocks increase to sustainable levels you'll just have to put up with the farmed stuff in BA lounges I'm afraid. I was regularly eating Chilean farm reared salmon until it was withdrawn from sale. Seemingly they were flogging stuff that should have been condemned.

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
It had to happen one day.
I'm no lemon....

Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'm no lemon....
Hopefully there will be no ‘squeeze the lemon’ comments.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
A friend of mine who keeps chickens says he can vary the taste of the eggs by varying the food. Fishmeal produces fishy tasting eggs. Feeding chickens on fishmeal also produces fishy tasting chickens.

I do not know what the chickens from mass produced fly larvae taste like, but I am sure BA will test it on us.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I do not know what the chickens from mass produced fly larvae taste like, but I am sure BA will test it on us.
I thought that the default answer about rarely-encountered meats (crocodile, witchetty grubs, etc) was always that they taste surprisingly like chicken?

I'll get my coat.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
My immediate reaction on seeing the photo was ... how could anyone think that mixing salmon with Ambrosia rice pudding was a good idea
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Well I just had some very nice smoked salmon and 2 poached eggs only interrupted by having to tell a walker and talker to keep his voice down.

was no problem at all to order off menu!

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Apr 18, 2018 at 1:14 am
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
As a fellow chicken owner - 10 of the blighters - there’s nothing like super fresh eggs. CWS is totally correct - all about the diet, haven’t risked feeding ours with coffee grinds but they have ate baby rats!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
The natural colour for egg yolks is quite pale. They add dye to the feed to make them a nice deep yellow/orange colour which the public associate with desirability. I often notice organic egg yolks quite pale.
The feed and breed of the chicken can also have a significant impact. Feeding corn meal, for example, makes the egg yolk a deeper yellow, and Burford Browns tend to lay very deeply yellow eggs.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:41 am

It is threads such as this one that used to be the norm on the FT BAEC forum: not all threads necessarily need to be directly related to, a) aviation and, b) BA.

I’ve gained much useful information about eggs, and fascinating insight into the chicken-related pastimes of some of the posters. More threads such as this one please!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It is threads such as this one that used to be the norm on the FT BAEC forum: not all threads necessarily need to be directly related to, a) aviation and, b) BA.
I'm confused, FT stands for Farming Today doesn't it?
HIDDY likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm confused, FT stands for Farming Today doesn't it?
No FT, no comment.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I’ve gained much useful information about eggs, and fascinating insight into the chicken-related pastimes of some of the posters. More threads such as this one please!
You do have a point there Phil, sometimes there are just too many testosterone filled Roosters on the BA Board strutting their stuff and making lots of on noise squabbling away over nothing. We need more Hens on the board I say!
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.