Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What the Lord Giveth, the Lord taketh away - T5 F lounge catering

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What the Lord Giveth, the Lord taketh away - T5 F lounge catering

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by our_kid
As a fellow chicken owner - 10 of the blighters - there’s nothing like super fresh eggs. CWS is totally correct - all about the diet, haven’t risked feeding ours with coffee grinds but they have ate baby rats!
Having fed them baby rats does scrambled eggs taste like ratatouille
ML
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Who says this is not aviation related. Chickens can fly can't they?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
You do have a point there Phil, sometimes there are just too many testosterone filled Roosters on the BA Board strutting their stuff and making lots of on noise squabbling away over nothing. We need more Hens on the board I say!
Maybe we could get Edwina Currie to host an Hen night!!
BBC ON THIS DAY | 3 | 1988: Egg industry fury over salmonella claim

Just an observation, but is it me or are Judge Judy and Edwina Currie sisters?
ML
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
That looks like the normal colour for BA Lounge scrambled eggs.

I've found a way round it, is to ask for poached eggs - as they have to make them fresh.

M
Since when are they fresh? Are you sure about that? Or do you define fresh as pre-formed in plastic and stuck in a microwave for 15 seconds?

Old LGW F lounge used to have poached eggs as the only eggs and I'm quite sure those girls in the back weren't cracking eggs and fiddling around cooking them in a pan of boiling water. The ones I've had in LHR look awfully similar to these...

Just like this:

https://www.brake.co.uk/products/dai...e-poached-eggs
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
So, first the good news. The Conviviality supply difficulties mean Tattinger is back in the F lounge.

Sadly this appears to mean reductions elsewhere. Apparently this is smoked salmon and scrambled egg from the menu. Anyone know chickens that lay something this colour?

Just in case you're wondering - yes, it did taste at least as bad as it looks...
Oddly, I get green eggs from the chickens in Germany. I just wonder if they've been pecking away at old British bombs buried in the garden, but they are rather tasty. I really have reached a point where I don't eat in lounges any more, apart from maybe a packet snack with the drinks.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm confused, FT stands for Farming Today doesn't it?
Makes sense now - a colleague told me Farming Today was a highlight of the reading material in the BA lounges alongside 'Walking in Wigan' and 'Polish Engineering Periodical' and of course Daily Mail.
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.