Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weather advisory - NE USA - 4 April 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Weather advisory - NE USA - 4 April 2018

Usual thing, weather disruption forecast for tonight so services - if not cancelled - can be rebooked.

Just applies to travel today (4 April 2018) and inflexible flights can be rebooked proactively by customers to 4 April (so earlier services presumably) to 7 April inclusive. No refunds offered. The affected airports are:ABE- ALLENTOWN BTHLEHM
BDL- HARTFORD
BOS- BOSTON
EWR- NEW YORK

HPN- WHITE PLAINS
HVN- NEW HAVEN
ISP- ISLIP
JFK- NEW YORK
LGA- NEW YORK
PHL- PHILADELPHIA
PVD- PROVIDENCE
MDT- HARRISBURG
SWF- NEW YORK

If a flight is cancelled, further flexibility to rebook is allowed, as is a refund.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Usual thing, weather disruption forecast for tonight so services - if not cancelled - can be rebooked.

Just applies to travel today (4 April 2018) and inflexible flights can be rebooked proactively by customers to 4 April (so earlier services presumably) to 7 April inclusive. No refunds offered. The affected airports are:ABE- ALLENTOWN BTHLEHM
JFK- NEW YORK

It had better clear up for Friday!

aks120
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Currently sat in JFK waiting for a flight later this evening. It’s wet although not currently raining. Visibility is fairly poor which I think is the key issue at the moment. Taxing on arrival from LAX was very slow. Apparently it is also windy but cannot really say the landing we had some 30 minutes ago was particularly bumping. That’s not to say it won’t get worse later today.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:49 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by aks120

It had better clear up for Friday!

aks120
This is a busy weekend for OTP-PHX trips, so JFK really needs to sort itself out!

M
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Snow is anticipated again this Saturday at JFK from lunchtime through the evening. Shouldn't be too disputive as the weather isn't predicted to be cold enough for it to stick. On Monday there were a few inches of snow in the morning but it was all gone by mid afternoon due to temperature, I'd expect something similar on Saturday.

Edit: Latest forecast now says 3"-5".

Last edited by Fraser; Apr 4, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:59 am

I think in addition to the visibility issues with the today's (4/4) weather waiver, the real kicker will be the winds for the next 12 hours. Expecting sustained winds around 25kts with 45+kt gusts possible. As the winds will be coming out of the west, it will significantly impact runway and approach capacity at specifically the NYC metro airports.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
PHL was sunny but very, very gusty on Wednesday afternoon; the final 45 minutes of approach (and circling) were some of the roughest I have ever known. When we finally touched down I was literally moments away from puking - I'd already quietly tucked the sick bag next to me on the seat in anticipation and was wondering about the appropriate words to use to warn my fellow passenger that I was about to fill it.

Take-off was the same, and dinner was completely out of the question. I just made up the bed as soon as I was able to and slept it off.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
It was a little breezy on take off yesterday from JFK and throughout parts of the journey. Not so bad that CC were confined to seats. Saying that I was glad I was in the nose of a nice big 747 and not some of the small regional
anes that were also departing at the same time.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Misco60
I'd already quietly tucked the sick bag next to me on the seat in anticipation and was wondering about the appropriate words to use to warn my fellow passenger that I was about to fill it.
One of those occasions when pressing the Like button would look cruel! Vomit protocols would be a good BA FT thread but in any event I am glad you're still with us!
aks120 and JustTheOne like this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
PHL was sunny but very, very gusty on Wednesday afternoon; the final 45 minutes of approach (and circling) were some of the roughest I have ever known. When we finally touched down I was literally moments away from puking - I'd already quietly tucked the sick bag next to me on the seat in anticipation and was wondering about the appropriate words to use to warn my fellow passenger that I was about to fill it.

Take-off was the same, and dinner was completely out of the question. I just made up the bed as soon as I was able to and slept it off.
Our arrival and subsequent departure from PHL on Wednesday afternoon was sporty to say the least. I was amazed by how much rubbish (FOD), including large plastic bags, was being blown across the airfield. I was able to eat my dinner though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.