Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't online check-in - API/ESTA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Quick call to Silver line and was told that no one can check-in online for this flight. Not entirely sure I believe that as the seat map is filling up, but I guess Ill have to just get to Arlanda early enough to account for everyone needing to use the desks.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by etiene
Quick call to Silver line and was told that no one can check-in online for this flight. Not entirely sure I believe that as the seat map is filling up, but I guess Ill have to just get to Arlanda early enough to account for everyone needing to use the desks.
To update this: arrived at Arlanda to find a flight change hadnt been reticketed properly by AA for either ticket. Twenty-five minutes on hold with AA allowed us to check in and board, though closer examination shows that my mobile boarding pass has the old ticket number on it. BA app showing no ticket number on future flights at the moment. Im expecting to head to the AA desk at T3 plenty early tomorrow to get this sorted out...!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
So this is a ticket issued by AA? Ticket number begins 001?

In that case you can try to either look on aa.com to find the ticket number, or you can try phoning AA. Their usual service number is, I think, open all hours and as long as it's not a round-the-world ticket, they can probably resolve issues when you call. I wouldn't trust the BA app or BA website to be correct on a recently-changed AA ticket or one that has had problems with re-issue or changes. Trust the airline that issued the ticket for that.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by flatlander
So this is a ticket issued by AA? Ticket number begins 001?

In that case you can try to either look on aa.com to find the ticket number, or you can try phoning AA. Their usual service number is, I think, open all hours and as long as it's not a round-the-world ticket, they can probably resolve issues when you call. I wouldn't trust the BA app or BA website to be correct on a recently-changed AA ticket or one that has had problems with re-issue or changes. Trust the airline that issued the ticket for that.
Yeah, its a 001 ticket. Ive just called AA, and they reckon its all alright. Nevertheless, well get here in plenty of time tomorrow and see what shakes loose when we try to check a bag...!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've found AA's twitter account is surprisingly good at dealing with ticketing problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.