Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did BA pull all 2019 F Avios Availability?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:13 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by aerolaw
And your point is? Should we just sit here and say nothing? Enjoy it every time it happens? Hmm? Not let the company know how it's customers feel? Be nice if airlines could produce products and services that customers actually want, rather than be forced to take. But then it sounds like you don't care either way, so why do you bother to post anything here?
You're forced to take BA when living in Boston? How peculiar.

Knowing BA IT, the F availability will all re-appear with no announcements, and this time next week this thread will be on page 57.
PrimaVista likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Knowing BA IT, the F availability will all re-appear with no announcements, and this time next week this thread will be on page 57.
My point exactly!! Let's sit out the hysteria, DYKWIA, and see what happens.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Availability is back! I have checked USA and Asia so far. It looks all normal.

Prices seem to be as before.

Last edited by ringingup; Apr 3, 2018 at 3:44 am
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ringingup

Arf!
ringingup likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
So... a case of "pressed the wrong button"?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
So... a case of "pressed the wrong button"?
That won't stop the conspiracy theories of course....
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by aerolaw
And your point is?
That to parrot the fashionable mantra of "It's all Alex's fault" in relation to every single potential change at BA is to abandon all historical perspective for the sake of mindlessly perpetuating 2018 groupthink.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

I checked NYC / HKG / ATL (one of the easiest First routes) about 1 hour before your post - nothing, not even on married segments. Just DXB, Caribbean and what not. Now, as you say, no shortage of availability.

Now, this couldn't be down to an IT fault and someone being away until this morning? Or is that too easy?
AdBoy likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Cruz is in league with Corbyn, it's all part of a Bolshevik revolution that they are plotting, backed up by pointless EU bureaucracy forcing BA to either carry straight bananas or ditch their F product.

Think that covers it all, off to buy some more tin foil now
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Maybe the BA teams just enjoyed watching a thread about F reward seats go wild on FT over the weekend for the fun of it and April fools to us all!

Plus they have probably got a lot of ideas now about what to do with the avios redemption changes!

Hope everyone had a good Easter and can now relax at the thought of booking their F seat with avios!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:19 am
NPC

Programs: BAEC - Silver, HHonors - Silver
woooo! Just bagged myself an SFO trip which I was ready to get last week until the "glitch." I'm glad I got in there before the BA website crashes with everyone trying to do the same as me!!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Do you think they just kicked the can? There have been 100's of posts on this and other websites about dynamic pricing change. Could it be they heard our voices? Or just wishful thinking?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Plus they have probably got a lot of ideas now about what to do with the avios redemption changes!
Well I guess that's possible. However at the risk of repeating Raffles' point again, don't think BA offer First redemptions as some sort of concession, or an act of charity or to keep FTers happy: they do it because it's good business. BA have - along with Emirates - by far the largest longhaul First operation in modern aviation. Many times bigger than QR, QF, and what not, and BA offers First to places which simply aren't otherwise viable for that cabin. There is a daily 777 going to Atlanta with 14 First seats on it, with virtually no corporate First customers, and very few leisure First revenue customers, based anywhere near Hartsfield-Jackson. Now no airline is going to hit ROACE targets off a first class cabin, and First is BA's least well performing cabin, but all these Avios redemptions into First represents solid hard cash coming into BA's coffers. It's business, and very significant business to BA. This has all the hallmarks of some minor Revenue Management IT calculation glitch, which needed to be fixed for BA's own benefit.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well I guess that's possible. However at the risk of repeating Raffles' point again, don't think BA offer First redemptions as some sort of concession, or an act of charity or to keep FTers happy: they do it because it's good business. BA have - along with Emirates - by far the largest longhaul First operation in modern aviation. Many times bigger than QR, QF, and what not, and BA offers First to places which simply aren't otherwise viable for that cabin. There is a daily 777 going to Atlanta with 14 First seats on it, with virtually no corporate First customers, and very few leisure First revenue customers, based anywhere near Hartsfield-Jackson. Now no airline is going to hit ROACE targets off a first class cabin, and First is BA's least well performing cabin, but all these Avios redemptions into First represents solid hard cash coming into BA's coffers. It's business, and very significant business to BA. This has all the hallmarks of some minor Revenue Management IT calculation glitch, which needed to be fixed for BA's own benefit.
Thanks. Always interesting to learn a bit more.

My bolding...would this week be an exception for this route, what with the greatest sporting event of the year (my own opinion of course), The Masters at Augusta, taking place? Surely a few more than usual F pax?

Secondly, why would BA roster a 4 class 14 Seat F bird on a route that doesn’t really have any paying pax in that class? Very intriguing
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is a daily 777 going to Atlanta with 14 First seats on it, with virtually no corporate First customers, and very few leisure First revenue customers, based anywhere near Hartsfield-Jackson.
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Thanks. Always interesting to learn a bit more.
Secondly, why would BA roster a 4 class 14 Seat F bird on a route that doesn’t really have any paying pax in that class? Very intriguing
A little off topic, but since the concern seems to have died down with the return of F Avios availability, I'm also intrigued.

I noticed this earlier this year, flying this route on the second week of Jan, the beeper at the desk was going crazy, with lots of upgrades into F. So I guess it's a route they are happy to oversell the lower cabins, and just push people forward as needed? And while I haven't found many obvious attractions to the leisure traveller (golf fans excluded, on certain weeks) it's still good to know it should have strong F availability, as can always fly onwards from ATL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.