FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Did BA pull all 2019 F Avios Availability? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1901306-did-ba-pull-all-2019-f-avios-availability.html)

michelin Mar 29, 2018 9:53 am

Did BA pull all 2019 F Avios Availability?

Up until a couple of days ago, I was seeing pretty typical availability in F for Jan, Feb, and March of 2019. Now nothing, and I have checked multiple routes using baredemptionfinder.com. Plenty of J availability though.

Is anyone getting different results?

sunshinebob Mar 29, 2018 10:09 am

I may be adding 2 + 2 and geting 5 but I understand that some award availability that is actually available is not showing on Ba's own award finder. This in turn is reflected in the results from baredemptionfinder as he scrapes from that particular source..

I am also aware Tim is aware and looking into the matter..

However if you search directly (the long winded way) looking for a route on a date you may find that which you seek is actually there..

Good luck..

mrvincent Mar 29, 2018 10:12 am

Originally Posted by michelin (Post 29580718)
Up until a couple of days ago, I was seeing pretty typical availability in F for Jan, Feb, and March of 2019. Now nothing, and I have checked multiple routes using baredemptionfinder.com. Plenty of J availability though.

Is anyone getting different results?

i just posted a similar finding in the Avios thread. I was seeing dozens of F availability of Asian routes only days ago and now nothing. Annoying, as I was about to pull the trigger - had been waiting for pay day to then use my 2-4-1.

Tilly71 Mar 29, 2018 12:59 pm

We booked only last week F outbound in March 19.

gustavmahler Mar 29, 2018 1:22 pm

Just looked at JFK on the app. Lots until December and then nothing.

CatchThePigeon Mar 29, 2018 2:08 pm

Devaluation of Avios here we come...

SuperstarDJ Mar 29, 2018 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon (Post 29581700)

Hope not. But why not pull club world as well then?

NPC Mar 29, 2018 3:16 pm

I posted something similar in the Amex 2-4-1 discussion yesterday. I had been looking to book Feb/March next year in F. All routes had loads of availability (apart from the usual suspects) then overnight just as I was about to book leave for work away they went.
I sent the BA twitter team a message today and got a reply saying how popular the rewards in F are and that they have likely sold out. I replied saying that the LHR-BOS route alone has over 60 days from Jan-Mar free alone, I find it hard to believe they ALL sold out....no reply yet. I'll keep you posted!

TheFlyingCyclist Mar 29, 2018 10:02 pm

There is availability showing for Bermuda and several places in the Middle East in Jan-March.

I really hope this is just a blip and is not in some way related to the lack of CCR LPGS reported above!!

wheatbeer Mar 30, 2018 3:22 am

Originally Posted by NPC (Post 29581910)
I sent the BA twitter team a message today and got a reply saying how popular the rewards in F are and that they have likely sold out.

Oh of course yes they must have all sold out over night. Silly us.

NPC Mar 30, 2018 3:26 am

Originally Posted by wheatbeer (Post 29583303)
Oh of course yes they must have all sold out over night. Silly us.

Thankfully I was full from my tea last night so I didnt have room to gobble down all that tripe too....

lost_in_translation Mar 30, 2018 4:08 am

Hopefully this isn't prep for dynamic award pricing.....

morges1 Mar 30, 2018 4:37 am

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon (Post 29581700)

Usual FT - let's look for the worst possible outcome, particularly when we know that this is likely to be just another crap BA IT glitch!!!

wheatbeer Mar 30, 2018 4:48 am

Originally Posted by morges1 (Post 29583423)
Usual FT - let's look for the worst possible outcome, particularly when we know that this is likely to be just another crap BA IT glitch!!!

Cruz has been suggesting changes are a comin so I think the pessimism is possibly justfied this time.

CatchThePigeon Mar 30, 2018 4:49 am

Originally Posted by morges1 (Post 29583423)

Fair enough. But IMO a change is coming to the redemption processes and this is likely to be in BA's favour rather than ours. The 31 Dec is as good a cut off point as any. Sorry if that sounds all doom and gloom...