Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Think I may Have Had It With BA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I Think I may Have Had It With BA

I know that the trend on here with BA has been mainly negative but I would like to add to this:

Flights in F to DOH cancelled with no rebooking in F.
Broken seat in F HKG - LHR with a cut and paste reply saying sorry but nothing more.
Cancelled flight to LCA tomorrow with no other chance of getting there on time. Or even nearly on time.

Right, before any of you ask for specifics I am so frustrated (I have been on hold for the latter on the Gold line for more than 25 minutes) let me make clear that this is a complete rant. I made a decision last year to run down the massive amount of Avios i had with BA (and have done reasonably successfully - more than 800k redeemed) and this looks like the right one.

I will now add myself to the seemingly growing list of us who will fly BA when it suits but actively looks at other carriers.

That's now 35 minutes on the Gold line.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:54 pm

I’m assuming your booking to Doha in F was with avios

in this case unfortunately the latest guidelines which were published was rebooking in lowest business class booking class available with a refund in the difference of avios
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Well the best thing to do if you've had it with BA is to move to an alternative carrier so appears that you're doing the right thing. Hope you don't have to wait much longer.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
I used to be a Gold card holder and worked religiously to keep my status (Gold or Silver) every year. Last year I stopped doing that and now I fly whatever airline works best for me.

My only regret is not doing this years ago. My best recent flights have been on other airlines. My worst was on BA (CE VIE-LHR) where the food was inedible and the crew dreadful.
Qatar Airways and nobbyclark like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

No - not much longer now.

I'm not saying I'll never fly BA again. I will.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by haroon145
in this case unfortunately the latest guidelines which were published was rebooking in lowest business class booking class available with a refund in the difference of avios
If only there was some European rules that would cover such a situation...
orbitmic and Cymro like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

I'm aware of that! I was willing to let that go because of the high regard I have for QR J.

I don't think it is as good as BA F but it will do!

What I should be doing is watching the latest episode of Death in Paradise with Mrs srbrenna. Instead I'm still on hold to BA.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by haroon145

Even if F is available? Are the re-booking rules publicly available?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by irmster
I used to be a Gold card holder and worked religiously to keep my status (Gold or Silver) every year. Last year I stopped doing that and now I fly whatever airline works best for me.

My only regret is not doing this years ago. My best recent flights have been on other airlines. My worst was on BA (CE VIE-LHR) where the food was inedible and the crew dreadful.

It is quite refreshing. There are a few downsides, but the positives outweigh them IMO.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE

Mrs srbrenna has said that she didn’t want to watch Death in Paradise anyway. This in no way excuses BA who have messed up massively in January and are not off the hooK.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Dambus

Even if F is available? Are the re-booking rules publicly available?
yes that’s correct they would only rebook avios in F if avios seats are available. I think you can get the guidelines through the speedbird website
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:39 pm

For the broken F seat HKG-LHR you shouldn’t just receive a cut and paste reply... this should have been notified to the crew during the flight itself, and you’d have received some Avios at least.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by srbrenna
What I should be doing is watching the latest episode of Death in Paradise with Mrs srbrenna. Instead I'm still on hold to BA.
I think I had the misfortune to see part of an episode of that programme, I'd rather have been holding on the telephone.
Originally Posted by srbrenna
I made a decision last year to run down the massive amount of Avios i had with BA
I don't see the connection between not flying with BA and running down your Avios; the metal you fly and the frequent flyer programme you credit to are, to a large extent, separate issues.

Last edited by Mixbury; Feb 4, 2018 at 9:05 pm
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
The not-rebooking in F on QR is really bad form. I might be tempted to go to airport, ask them for that, if they decline book with cash and MCOL as EU261 says under comparable conditions...
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:20 pm

Funnily enough i was talking to a friend who had a broken seat in F on the same route a few weeks ago. He received an F upgrade voucher to be used on any flight he chooses.

Obviously this was not on BA ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.