Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Club Europe - AWFUL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
What about ‘fence’ sitters?
Isn't that why the human posterior is shaped the way it is? Man is well designed for fence sitting
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Isn't that why the human posterior is shaped the way it is? Man is Politicians are well designed for fence sitting
I've corrected you
JAXBA likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by ajamieson
There's not an airline in the sky that will guarantee your special meal in the event of a misconnection.

As for the old 767s, I'll be delighted to take up your empty seat; I love them, dents, scratches and all.
I'd guess El Al does?
ajamieson and T8191 like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Virazuno
You pay extra for book the cook, whereas a CE meal is "complimentary"
No you don't.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by hakadaddy
Don't sell what you don't have to sell.
British Airways clearly states what they are selling to you. if you didn't like it, why booked it?
I completely understand the frustration, of having to travel on such an awful "business" class. but all business class seats on any airline in Europe are like this.

so make sure to send more tweets to Alex Cruz telling him this.
Can I help you and JAXBA like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
With the constant discussion about European business class being good value or not, and the trade offs in flexible cabin size, suitability of the seats for 3-4 hour sectors etc.

Why not try Euro Traveller Plus? Corporate contracts can't always book into business, and economy (minus) is driven down by price, except when it isn't (schedule, network, connections, even loyalty!).

Could another divider be installed, free F&B, baggage & benefits offered with a boost in tier points? A blend of affordable, yet practical value proposition that BA could sell at a premium over low cost airlines. Analogous perhaps to Easyjet's premium fares, sandwiched by todays CE & ET.

Last edited by World Traveller Fuss; Jan 25, 2018 at 4:41 pm
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by Skyrocker
British Airways clearly states what they are selling to you. if you didn't like it, why booked it?
I completely understand the frustration, of having to travel on such an awful "business" class. but all business class seats on any airline in Europe are like this.

so make sure to send more tweets to Alex Cruz telling him this.
I beg to differ but BA are not quite accurate in the information they provide with regard to club Europe especially if you consider the 767, what spare middle seat on a 2-3-2 767 where often the unsuspecting pax will not know of this configuration.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/travel-classes/business/club-europe
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
Originally Posted by ajamieson
There's not an airline in the sky that will guarantee your special meal in the event of a misconnection.
I'd guess El Al does?
Not exactly, although it would seem that way. All food LY provides is kosher, even the SPMLs. This means no LY pax don't need to request a KSML because they're guaranteed to get one anyway. They can however (or used to be able to) request a 'super KSML' but that also had the hard 24hr cutoff, same as all the other SPMLs.

(I'm guessing I might just be mansplaining here, but it might be useful for others to read).

Originally Posted by MarkFlies
You should share this wisdom with some BA staff members at its hub.
The strange thing is, every airline employee who uses the GDS knows the 24hr rule; it's taught at the very same time as how to book a SPML. If they happen to somehow forget, they get reminded as soon as they try to book it within 24hrs; it immediately fails. It isn't a mistake that can be knowingly repeated unless the agent is particularly dumb/lazy. This means it was, sadly, a case of one of the following:

• The agent was new, and hadn't been trained on SPMLs yet. (unlikely)
  • The agent saw the SPML request in the PNR, but didn't notice the status, or which flight it was for (possible)
  • The agent had forgotten the 24hr rule, but the pax had left the desk by the time the agent realised the error. (possible)
  • The agent had forgotten the 24hr rule, and didn't bother checking whether the request was confirmed/rejected. (possible)
  • The agent was saying what they thought the pax wanted to hear so they would go away. (possible)
  • The agent somehow had a way of passing a message to catering to ensure the late SPML, but it didn't work despite the agent's best efforts (very unlikely)
  • The pax misunderstood what the agent told him. (possible)

We'll never know - but yes, if the agent was to blame, they really should know better.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load

I guess the only conceivable explanation must be that any grievances (including many from very experienced flyers on BA and countless other carriers) you read here on FT about CE standards / service levels are in fact based wholly on myth and fervent imagination.

The truth is that bad things never actually happen. At least ..... not in BA fandom-world
I'm not a BA fan as such. However I do think negative experiences are exaggerated.
JAXBA and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Sealink

I'm not a BA fan as such. However I do think negative experiences are exaggerated.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

i think it’s just far more likely that negative experiences are more likely to be reported. Equally I think BAs standard response to customer service issues is nonsense. It seems to come down to we treat everyone poorly, so it would be unfair to treat you reasonably. But as is always said, use someone else, there are almost always choices.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by dougzz

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

i think it’s just far more likely that negative experiences are more likely to be reported. Equally I think BAs standard response to customer service issues is nonsense. It seems to come down to we treat everyone poorly, so it would be unfair to treat you reasonably. But as is always said, use someone else, there are almost always choices.
In fairness to BA regarding responses to customer service issues, it appears that BA has altered its policies and is certainly increasing its service recover provision. There have been reports on BAFT about this, and certainly in my own case with CR last week was settled with 40k Avios for a non-reclining 64K CW seat, which I was utterly surprised at.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Why don't BA and other EU carriers not offer a more premium offering in CE such as those offered in other regions of the world?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Mainly because of our need for different size CE cabins depending on the route and time of the day.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Mainly because of our need for different size CE cabins depending on the route and time of the day.
I guess one might add ....

and because we can happily get away with offering an economy size, non-premium seat for a premium fare”
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Absolutely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.