Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Club Europe - AWFUL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I'm sure OP goes 4 hours in the working day without food too. But after paying for a business class ticket, and getting off a longhaul, I would also be pretty angry if I had dietary needs and my meal didn't make it. There's a difference between a regular day, and an expensive trip, even without your sarcasm
I agree that he was due a handful of Avios, and think it was pretty awful of BA to offer nothing for the inconvenience.
I agree. Unfortunately though on occasions things go wrong. I would be "pretty angry" if my bag didn't make it.....it happens.

It's not sarcasm, it's the reality of running a business like an airline involving logistics and, occasionally, human error.

I agree some Avios would be appropriate, however the OP seems to be ranting about everything from the 767s to CW and the missing meal and jumping straight in with Twitter messages to Alex Cruz would IMHO be unlikely to get much of a result.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Sealink

How is it that in umpteen flights I have had excellent service, plentiful drinks and edible food in CE, yet according to FT it never happens that way?
Except to you, a few others, and me

Let's keep it that way - it might just keep the fares down
Sealink and volar like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA
I wonder if the secret is one's attitude?
Really? One's attitude could make the difference between the soggy, greasy toasted sandwich I encountered and something more appetizing?

I have seen some odd attempts to defend BA but this one really takes the biscuit (or toastie).
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by clubman
No different to BA's CE. In fact I think BA's seats are better than LH's.
Agree on the seats but the pitch on LH is far greater. LH Y has far more legroom than BA J on short-haul. I simply will not pay for it unless included in a long-haul connection. Even then I’ll ensure I get the front row.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2load
It’s because the system has not been set up to do such things. Because BA management ( and yes, perhaps management of some ALL other carriers too) lack the motivation to make it happen.
I corrected that for you.
No, it’s not a correction, and your edit is in fact wholly erroneous.

I used the ‘some’ pointedly.

Feel free to defend BA failings, but be aware also that there are airlines out there (surprising though it may be to you) whose senior management have a sharper focus on customer care.

For just one example, you might wish to read of a relevant real world experience in post #71.

​​​​​​​
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by subject2load
For just one example, you might wish to read of a relevant real world experience in post #71.
Aren't we discussing special meals? Post 71 relates to the transfer of a book the cook request - entirely different, no?
JAXBA likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by simons1
I would describe that as first world problems. Many people in the working day go 4 hours without food. OK so there may be some added time at each end but there are also lounges for business class passengers.

Annoying I can imagine but hardly the end of the world and if you are saying the OP should expect compensation for that then apart from a handful of Avios I'm afraid you are out of touch with reality.
I would think a BA credit voucher as a gesture of goodwill or avios would be enough. No cash necessary.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: Meh
Club Europe is not something I would pay for in avios or cash. Short haul for me is getting from A to B as efficiently as possible.
Anybody that is expecting a wonderful experience should lower their expectations in Europe across most airlines actually.
Only advantage would be lounge access, if no status.
rossmacd and subject2load like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by stevie
Club Europe is not something I would pay for in avios or cash. Short haul for me is getting from A to B as efficiently as possible.
Anybody that is expecting a wonderful experience should lower their expectations in Europe across most airlines actually.
I use CE domestically as it's a cheap way to get 80TP and 7.5 flights in a year maintains silver for not very much money.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Each to their own. Since CE came to domestics I've been delighted. I used to hate the cramped domestic connections, now I get a guaranteed empty middle seat, a tasty snack and a pleasant bottle of fizz or other drink of substance (or 2!) to wash it down. Perfect for a 35 minute hop ^
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Each to their own. Since CE came to domestics I've been delighted. I used to hate the cramped domestic connections, now I get a guaranteed empty middle seat, a tasty snack and a pleasant bottle of fizz or other drink of substance (or 2!) to wash it down. Perfect for a 35 minute hop ^
Indeed each to their own. Not living in the UK this does not apply to me.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Efficiency is not a trade off to comfortably. It is pathetic that one of the wealthiest regions of the world has such terrible premium travel options for short haul travel. But I still fly short haul J for 95% of my intra-European trips. Its an awful J hard product and a pretty mediocre soft product but its a LOT better than the hard product down back where you have no elbow room in addition to no legroom and can't even buy a drinkable scotch now.
LTN Phobia and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Prospero
Aren't we discussing special meals? Post 71 relates to the transfer of a book the cook request - entirely different, no?
Why is it different? It's a meal specifically ordered for a passenger. I fail to see why it makes a difference what that particular meal consists of.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I corrected that for you.
Originally Posted by Prospero
In all honesty, I wouldn’t agree that it’s “entirely different”.

In essence the issue is about the ability/motivation/willingness of an airline to think and move in a flexible, customer-focussed manner, so that a passenger who has already been inconvenienced by delay, leading to a missed connection, should not then suffer further when it comes to provision of meals arranged at time of the original booking. There were several hours available to BA - at their own hub - to address the matter. Assuming of course, that they actually wanted to.

Perhaps you feel that BA show great competence & efficiency in handling such issues. Personally, I’m far from convinced.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:06 am

If you ask too loudly, they might just remove CE altogether.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.