FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
Thanks for the superfast replied rossmacd, Globaliser and Tafflyer

BA couldn't get the F sector to "pull through". Seems that ITA Matrix has now refreshed as my searches just pull up D class for the same price as F now. Now trying to get this priced from a UK Point of Sale, so I can GUF1 this with my TA. That pushes the price up from £1800 to £2500 (UK POS)
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BoeBus
BA couldn't get the F sector to "pull through". Seems that ITA Matrix has now refreshed as my searches just pull up D class for the same price as F now.
I can still get ITA to price the same sectors using the same booking classes, but for a fare of £2,927.74. However, the A class fare basis doesn't show up in the EF fare ladder, and the fare rules shown by ITA say "THIS FARE IS VALID FOR A SPECIFIED ACCOUNT CODE." (The R class fare is different in both respects)

So my guess would be that the (private) fare which ITA used to price it for you (yesterday? or today?) has now expired, rather than there being some problem with availability in any specific booking class.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I can still get ITA to price the same sectors using the same booking classes, but for a fare of £2,927.74. However, the A class fare basis doesn't show up in the EF fare ladder, and the fare rules shown by ITA say "THIS FARE IS VALID FOR A SPECIFIED ACCOUNT CODE." (The R class fare is different in both respects)

So my guess would be that the (private) fare which ITA used to price it for you (yesterday? or today?) has now expired, rather than there being some problem with availability in any specific booking class.
I have had the same with hidden T class fares that ITA saw for months but BA couldn't price up.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA, IB, DC, Amex PP, Motel 6, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel
I flew back today on AA734 PHL-MAN in Y - a ridiculously low return fare of £271 for the flight to MCO meant I couldn't turn it down.

I guess there may have been about 50 in Y and maybe 5-6 in J - the thing was pretty empty meaning a full 4-seat row to sleep, although it was under 6 hours flight time.

It brought back to mind the J AA offer last year around this time which I and many others on here took- mine MAN-PHL-LIT for £1,008, also available to OKC and SAN.

I wonder if that offer was due to low loads or big incentives from the destination airports to garner traffic ? A repeat this year ?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by dewsburyborn
I flew back today on AA734 PHL-MAN in Y - a ridiculously low return fare of £271 for the flight to MCO meant I couldn't turn it down.

I guess there may have been about 50 in Y and maybe 5-6 in J - the thing was pretty empty meaning a full 4-seat row to sleep, although it was under 6 hours flight time.

It brought back to mind the J AA offer last year around this time which I and many others on here took- mine MAN-PHL-LIT for £1,008, also available to OKC and SAN.

I wonder if that offer was due to low loads or big incentives from the destination airports to garner traffic ? A repeat this year ?
I think you meant SAT, not SAN.

I was on MAN-PHL last year and the flight was packed in both classes, albeit in July.

AA still has interesting fares out of MAN; to ORD for example for £1408 return in Business Class via PHL.
dewsburyborn likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Some decent fares via AA at the moment for the USA covering multiple months (haven't checked the exact details I'm afraid).

OSL>LHR>MIA>LHR>ARN available for £1,280 in J and can be booked into F on the transatlantic sectors for £1,600. Just grabbed that for the second May Bank holiday weekend if that interests some folks. (Out BA, back on AA)
Also, managed to grab DUB>LHR>JFK>LAX>SFO>LAX>JFK>LHR>DUS (not a typo, it's back to Germany) for £1,290 in J for July 4th week which is pushing it close to TP run territory, but for those not looking to back track from PHX or trek to OTP, a very good fare for almost the same TP's.

Pilot37
Bloomsbury and mike&co like this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Some decent fares via AA at the moment for the USA covering multiple months (haven't checked the exact details I'm afraid).

OSL>LHR>MIA>LHR>ARN available for £1,280 in J and can be booked into F on the transatlantic sectors for £1,600. Just grabbed that for the second May Bank holiday weekend if that interests some folks. (Out BA, back on AA)
Also, managed to grab DUB>LHR>JFK>LAX>SFO>LAX>JFK>LHR>DUS (not a typo, it's back to Germany) for £1,290 in J for July 4th week which is pushing it close to TP run territory, but for those not looking to back track from PHX or trek to OTP, a very good fare for almost the same TP's.

Pilot37
Anything out of Spain by any chance, would be really useful for when I relocate.?
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Anyone seen any deals to South America recently looking for Eze scl. Gru only thing I can see is I to Gru for around 1.5k In J which I believe is pretty average price although it is IB not sure what their J product is like?

Looking at summer time for a month. Can't find anything TP efficient routing through MIA either. Can position anywhere in Europe if that's cheaper =D

Thanks All
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Anything out of Spain by any chance, would be really useful for when I relocate.?
Not seeing anything out of Spain or Portugal with OW at the moment around these fare levels I’m afraid.

Pilot37
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Anyone seen any deals to South America recently looking for Eze scl. Gru only thing I can see is I to Gru for around 1.5k In J which I believe is pretty average price although it is IB not sure what their J product is like?

Looking at summer time for a month. Can't find anything TP efficient routing through MIA either. Can position anywhere in Europe if that's cheaper =D

Thanks All
Check from OSL to GRU in July. Fare INN95C for about £1,540. My suspicion will be that the routing table will only allow a simply OSL-LHR(-MAD)-GRU on BA metal, so not really what you are looking for. Ideally you need to wait for an AA fare that will allow routings through MIA/JFK/DFW etc.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Check from OSL to GRU in July. Fare INN95C for about £1,540. My suspicion will be that the routing table will only allow a simply OSL-LHR(-MAD)-GRU on BA metal, so not really what you are looking for. Ideally you need to wait for an AA fare that will allow routings through MIA/JFK/DFW etc.

Hi Ross yeah the OSL to Gru one I was looking at earlier but was hoping for something more to efficient might have a look through previous sale threads see if any patterns show if a sale is likely but might end up booking it anyway
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:58 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by cgtechuk

Thanks All
Here's one out of left field that just squeaks into run territory at £2.49 (but liberally re-interprets "Europe"): CAI-LHR-GRU for £1388, 560 TPs
https://goo.gl/flights/9nXzt

And then here's one that's fun, but even more out of left field:
CAI-AUH-JNB-GRU-LHR-CDG-LHR-CAI
https://goo.gl/flights/Q6VBs
Cons: only 500 TPs for £1619
Pros: Free stopover in JNB if you want!
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone seen decent fares to NZ recently?

I received an email from Qatar advertising discounted fares to Australia (and I think NZ), but can’t see anything cheap on Matrix. I’m looking to fly from Europe to NZ on the 25th March this year in J (one way) I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong but best I can see is £1550ish from Oslo, but have become accustom to much cheaper fares from QR!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by benjones250
Anyone seen decent fares to NZ recently?

I received an email from Qatar advertising discounted fares to Australia (and I think NZ), but can’t see anything cheap on Matrix. I’m looking to fly from Europe to NZ on the 25th March this year in J (one way) I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong but best I can see is £1550ish from Oslo, but have become accustom to much cheaper fares from QR!
Air China from £1460 to Auckland in thier German sale. Saw it on head for points today
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: BA GGL
I saw £1440 out of Oslo for April departures in J with QR when I was looking for flights for my daughter last night. I guess it varies with availability. I thought that was an amazing price!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.