Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 7, 18, 4:54 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Sep 27, 18, 6:00 am
  #1081  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: London(ish)
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 369
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Move quickly and grab the very tasty GVA/ZRH-LAS (a bit cheaper than LAX and also you can get the full T3 experience...)

When are you going? I think this two for £2,200 won't last long. Make sure you chuck a car hire in too.

Simple example in Spring for you, but you'll get the just...

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...91*.GBP.235018

LAX

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...37*.GBP.258549

Also, I hope you didn't pay too much as the AMS-CPT prices came down quite significantly and are still around the £1100 mark
Thanks a lot for this!!

I noticed that they dropped but from what I could see not for the dates we wanted but we paid £1500 each which I was more than happy to pay given what they could be.
mikeyfly likes this.
eugegall is offline  
Old Sep 27, 18, 7:42 am
  #1082  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by eugegall View Post
How do you all price these deals? I literally have no idea where to start and can never find these fares.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thank you.
Lots of searching and research is the answer I'm afraid, as with what tomparskate mentioned, keeping an eye on the boards does help, and if you get the chance to book far out (30+ days) then the deals are normally better. As far as the US goes, it looks like IST is a winner at present, the downside is, that you will have to run an overnight on the way out, as the flights leave in the morning.
all ahead full is offline  
Old Sep 27, 18, 8:44 am
  #1083  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold / Miles and Smiles Elite / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire / SPG Gold
Posts: 1,579
Originally Posted by all ahead full View Post
Lots of searching and research is the answer I'm afraid, as with what tomparskate mentioned, keeping an eye on the boards does help, and if you get the chance to book far out (30+ days) then the deals are normally better. As far as the US goes, it looks like IST is a winner at present, the downside is, that you will have to run an overnight on the way out, as the flights leave in the morning.
you can subscribe to this thread and get instant notification of deals other post. Sadly ITA matrix changed a while back and does not allow searching by multiple origin points unless they are in the same country.

re Istanbul, it always worthwhile checking fare rules as it might be possible to route back to LHR the same day, overnight in LHR and continue the next day. I did this in July but admittedly only to AMS. IST on a BA320 or whatever they use is not the best place to spend 4 or 5 hours.
binman is offline  
Old Sep 27, 18, 12:09 pm
  #1084  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Surrey
Programs: BAEC - Silver
Posts: 458
Iíve been hunting around the usual suspects for a trip for one, going out either from the UK or ex-eu to SEA around 22 July and back from YYZ (or possibly JFK) around 12 August. Getting part of the way back across towards YYZ on the same ticket would be a winner too. I was very excited by the GVA deal but itís for two does anyone have any ideas?
TheFlyingCyclist is offline  
Old Sep 27, 18, 2:28 pm
  #1085  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,481
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 View Post
FWIW, having asked above about HKG in Nov, I have booked LHR-HKG-LHR on RJ for £1,820 with a free 1 day stopover in AMM on the way out. Very nice modern aircraft with only 6 across in business, very cheery crew and OK food. One enormous plus over BA is that cancellation / change is only £50 although I am on the lowest business fare.

I took the easy option for 560TP, although one can do the BKK/HKG/BKK legs on CX for the same price for an extra 80TPs (making 640TPs for £1,820). It is often a pain getting the TPs to post, but it can be done with a little perseverance.

All in all an excellent deal apart from the 6 hr+ stopover in AMM on the return, although the lounge there is reasonable.

RJ CS is something for BA to try and emulate. I had an issue with online seat selection last night and a couple of questions about the transit, so e-mailed reservation support. Response received mid-morning today, with chosen seats allocated and a full response to my transit questions.
The lounge in AMM is one of the worst lounges I've ever had the pleasure of being in.... enjoy that one!!

Make sure you keep your boarding pass, they're not very good at posting flights correctly.
flashware is online now  
Old Sep 28, 18, 11:03 am
  #1086  
mry
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: BA, AA, Alaska Air, Air Canada
Posts: 70
Greetings.
Needing to book a trip for my wife (joining us on our already booked 2-1) in J. Trip is late June and returns July. SEA>AMS LYS>LHR LHR>SEA. We will be buying a separate one-way from AMS>LYS.
Since flights became available pricing has stayed steady at USD $3660.

In years past we had paid as low as $2600-$3000 usually with a late August summer sale. One never seemed to materialize.

This time I’ll go for the AARP discount.
Should we hold out or buy at $3600?

Last edited by mry; Sep 28, 18 at 6:42 pm
mry is offline  
Old Sep 28, 18, 4:46 pm
  #1087  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 5 miles from EMA
Programs: BD, BAEC Bronze, Hertz 5*, Accor Plat, HHonors Diamond, Big White Season Pass
Posts: 5,173
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
There's a decent 2x£1075 ZRH/GVA-LHR-JFK J r/t fare going, as posted in Premium Deals. Little more ££s for west coast (supposedly can be had for less ££, but I can't find it at the moment). Fare comes up on BA site direct, too, which is handy.
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently View Post
Thanks for posting.

Does anyone know the travel dates with this offer - saw an example of June. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Airprox View Post
Haven't found any excluded yet, seems to run right through to next July.
If Iíve read Expertflyer correctly, these fares are valid for outbound travel up to 31 Aug 19, but must be ticketed on or before 14th October 18.

No blackout dates.
Tiger_lily is offline  
Old Sep 29, 18, 6:13 am
  #1088  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 26,037
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily View Post
If Iíve read Expertflyer correctly, these fares are valid for outbound travel up to 31 Aug 19, but must be ticketed on or before 14th October 18.

No blackout dates.
Yes, that's right on both points. I have also now put some more details of the fare on the TP run thread.
KARFA is online now  
Old Oct 6, 18, 7:29 am
  #1089  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Reading
Programs: BAEC GOLD HH GOLD
Posts: 21
....../

Last edited by ukdelinquent; Oct 6, 18 at 7:30 am Reason: error
ukdelinquent is offline  
Old Oct 6, 18, 8:27 am
  #1090  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Posts: 883
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
The lounge in AMM is one of the worst lounges I've ever had the pleasure of being in.... enjoy that one!!

Make sure you keep your boarding pass, they're not very good at posting flights correctly.
A bit harsh, it's a large space and quite relaxing but let down badly on the catering front.

It generally appears that TPs for the LON-AMM and AMM-LON won't post, but the rest seem to credit ok.
Markie and DeathSlam like this.
bhbloke is offline  
Old Oct 6, 18, 8:39 am
  #1091  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: EDI
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 34
Anyone else noticed a lack of reasonable Ex-EU J fares to East Coast US in March? I'm usually OK at finding fares but its all 2k+. I wonder if they focusing are on these 2 ticket offers?

I'm aiming for flights to MSY or any east/central 15/3 - 18/3, if anyone has spotted anything around then would appreciate a heads up.
chapdoc1 is offline  
Old Oct 6, 18, 11:35 am
  #1092  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 5 miles from EMA
Programs: BD, BAEC Bronze, Hertz 5*, Accor Plat, HHonors Diamond, Big White Season Pass
Posts: 5,173
There was a companion fare available ex-Switzerland last week 2 for ~£1100. Thatís gone now I think
Tiger_lily is offline  
Old Oct 7, 18, 1:53 am
  #1093  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Great Britain
Programs: Air: QR Platinum. BA, Emirates, AB. Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum.
Posts: 1,283
Originally Posted by binman View Post


you can subscribe to this thread and get instant notification of deals other post. Sadly ITA matrix changed a while back and does not allow searching by multiple origin points unless they are in the same country.

re Istanbul, it always worthwhile checking fare rules as it might be possible to route back to LHR the same day, overnight in LHR and continue the next day. I did this in July but admittedly only to AMS. IST on a BA320 or whatever they use is not the best place to spend 4 or 5 hours.
This was such a frustrating change on Matrix.
Does anyone know the whereabouts of a list of airports by country which can be easily converted to a comma delimited file ? (for easy cut & paste into matrix)
Sisyphus1carus is offline  
Old Oct 7, 18, 4:58 am
  #1094  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 1,628
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily View Post
There was a companion fare available ex-Switzerland last week 2 for ~£1100. Thatís gone now I think
You could still save £1k flying out of ZRH/GVA/BSL compared to London. Around £3150 total (£1575pp).

BA Holidays adds a good hotel for £3600 total. Hardly a steal but probably the best you'll get currently - plus you can hold that with a deposit, pay the balance 5wks prior to travel (or abandon at loss of £400 deposit), plus it's ATOL protected.
polochick likes this.
mmxbreaks is offline  
Old Oct 7, 18, 10:10 am
  #1095  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 16,695
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus View Post
This was such a frustrating change on Matrix.
Does anyone know the whereabouts of a list of airports by country which can be easily converted to a comma delimited file ? (for easy cut & paste into matrix)
Open data @ OurAirports

Think you could put together an awk script or something to do it fairly simply.
DVT likes this.
Calchas is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread