Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:19 am

Is there any way to search european reward flight availability from Glasgow/Edinburgh without manualy searching each possible potential city you want to go to?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Do it in two steps, note down what flights/dates are available from EDI/GLA then do another search from London.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Any reason why there's no avios redemption availability for JFK-LAX on AA? Getting the message "Sorry we can't show American airlines flights at the momment" is it just an IT issue at my end?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Any reason why there's no avios redemption availability for JFK-LAX on AA? Getting the message "Sorry we can't show American airlines flights at the momment" is it just an IT issue at my end?
No not your end, it's well reported on ba.com and been around for quite a number of weeks if not longer and there have been a number of threads and posts about it including this thread.

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

ba.com has been showing the message below but no end date in sight as far as I can see. The way to look is go into aa.com, look for AA Milesaver availability and call BA and see of that works. PITA I know!

"Sorry, we can’t show you American Airlines flights at the moment"

We are currently experiencing a technical problem displaying American Airlines reward flights. If you would like to book reward flights on American Airlines please contact your local contact centre. We apologise for the inconvenience, and are working to address this problem.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
No not your end, it's well reported on ba.com and been around for quite a number of weeks if not longer and there have been a number of threads and posts about it including this thread.

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

ba.com has been showing the message below but no end date in sight as far as I can see. The way to look is go into aa.com, look for AA Milesaver availability and call BA and see of that works. PITA I know!

"Sorry, we can’t show you American Airlines flights at the moment"

We are currently experiencing a technical problem displaying American Airlines reward flights. If you would like to book reward flights on American Airlines please contact your local contact centre. We apologise for the inconvenience, and are working to address this problem.
Must of missed all of this, thanks very much!

Quite frankly Shocking how it's not been sorted if it's been going on for a while now.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by bmibaby737

Must of missed all of this, thanks very much!

Quite frankly Shocking how it's not been sorted if it's been going on for a while now.
Sorry to be the bearer of that news and I am sure everyone agrees but hopefully you can call up and are successful. Good luck! ^
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Had a scan through the thread and couldn't see it asked already...

ET >> CE UUA, originally cash booking via a TA. UUA on phone to the BAEC line.

What should be the awarded TPs? I originally thought only ET level but now I am not so sure...

Cheers
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Pascoe
Had a scan through the thread and couldn't see it asked already...

ET >> CE UUA, originally cash booking via a TA. UUA on phone to the BAEC line.

What should be the awarded TPs? I originally thought only ET level but now I am not so sure...

Cheers
UuA = Original underlying cash/revenue fare and TPs may vary depending on your class of ticket but on the very odd occasion you might be awarded CE TPs in error, rare though.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by PETER01
UuA = Original underlying cash/revenue fare and TPs may vary depending on your class of ticket but on the very odd occasion you might be awarded CE TPs in error, rare though.
Thanks - that's what I originally thought...
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Pascoe
Thanks - that's what I originally thought...
The info is in the Dashboard in the other thread below, whereas this one is for spending Avios, lots of golden nuggets in both though. ^

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition
Pascoe likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: BA
Looking at taking advantage of this half-off Avios redemption promotion by flying from GIG (no surcharges).

If I buy GIG-LHR-MAN and MAN-LHR-GIG return (on the same itinerary as GIG-LHR-MAN-LHR-GIG) and I decide that I want to take the train from Manchester to London a few days early and skip the MAN-LHR segment and fly directly from LHR to GIG.. is this possible? I know I risk them cancelling the LHR-GIG segment if I don't show up for the MAN-LHR segment, but isn't there anyway way I can just tell them in advance that I just want to skip that segment? It's never that simple, is it?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wiivile
Looking at taking advantage of this half-off Avios redemption promotion by flying from GIG (no surcharges).

If I buy GIG-LHR-MAN and MAN-LHR-GIG return (on the same itinerary as GIG-LHR-MAN-LHR-GIG) and I decide that I want to take the train from Manchester to London a few days early and skip the MAN-LHR segment and fly directly from LHR to GIG.. is this possible? I know I risk them cancelling the LHR-GIG segment if I don't show up for the MAN-LHR segment, but isn't there anyway way I can just tell them in advance that I just want to skip that segment?
not really. It’s unlikely they will protect the later flights in the itinerary because you just choose to take the train.

i don’t understand tho, why would you book the flight and decide to take the train? If you are unsure perhaps don’t include the MAN flight to start with?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

not really. It’s unlikely they will protect the later flights in the itinerary because you just choose to take the train.

i don’t understand tho, why would you book the flight and decide to take the train? If you are unsure perhaps don’t include the MAN flight to start with?
Going to Manchester definitely GIG-LHR-MAN, but might want to spend a couple days in London before coming back LHR-GIG. Since the MAN-LHR domestic connection is free on the way back, it seems to make sense to keep the return as MAN-LHR-GIG, but if I lose the LHR-GIG flight if I don't end up taking the MAN-LHR (even if I let them know ahead of time...), then it's not worth it. I would have to book GIG-LHR-MAN-LHR-GIG without the MAN-LHR flight. This might have to be done over the phone because it's not a roundtrip in this case, right?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wiivile
Going to Manchester definitely GIG-LHR-MAN, but might want to spend a couple days in London before coming back LHR-GIG. Since the MAN-LHR domestic connection is free on the way back, it seems to make sense to keep the return as MAN-LHR-GIG, but if I lose the LHR-GIG flight if I don't end up taking the MAN-LHR (even if I let them know ahead of time...), then it's not worth it. I would have to book GIG-LHR-MAN-LHR-GIG without the MAN-LHR flight. This might have to be done over the phone because it's not a roundtrip in this case, right?
yes you would have to call to book if it were GIG-LHR-MAN/LHR-GIG
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

yes you would have to call to book if it were GIG-LHR-MAN/LHR-GIG
Thanks. I'd like to keep the MAN-LHR segment since it's free, but have the flexibility to simply not fly it in case I want to go to London earlier or later (by bus or train). I don't understand why this isn't possible, especially if I tell them in advance that I can't make the flight but intend on flying LHR-GIG... but I'm not going to risk losing the LHR-GIG segment over it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.