Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 Lifetime Tier Points - what next?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by kosy91
Any idea whats the highest number of TPs accumulated by one passenger? I guess we are talking about 40k+ TP mark?
there are lifetime GGL (100k TP) people on FT. Crazy amount of flying. I met one once at a F&M event
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger

there are lifetime GGL (100k TP) people on FT. Crazy amount of flying. I met one once at a F&M event
Oh wow..that is A LOT of flying on one carrier/alliance
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
There was me thinking the person who posed the question was asking about highest in one year

Concorde was 250 tier points each way and I believe the most regular passenger consistently did 70 returns per year, that's 35,000 p.a. equivalent to about 475,000 flown miles. To think there's one guy on the UA forum that clocks up 1m+ flown miles per year...at subsonic speeds....on United. Poor sod.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Well Fred Finn did 718 flights on Concorde I believe so that's almost 178,000 TPs just for that.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

I know a few city boys who were doing LCY-JFK returns 3 x a month (back when it was 210 TPs). Now these boys weren't even members of BAEC for a long time but if they were, it would have been something like 15k TPs a year. I know there are people on here clocking up those kinds of numbers too.

I know lawyers who do SYD in F for half a day.

We all think we do a lot of flying, but it doesn't matter who you are, there are always people doing a whole lot more.
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Any idea whats the highest number of TPs accumulated by one passenger? I guess we are talking about 40k+ TP mark?
I am on 40k LT TPs and I don't consider myself to be that frequent a flyer.

as others have said, there are a handful of LTGGL on here (which means there must be even more out there) and we have all played the "how many TPs does CWS earn in a year" guessing game.....

typing this aboard SYD - DOH. loving the free wifi.

Happy Flying.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by chris1979
I am on 40k LT TPs and I don't consider myself to be that frequent a flyer.

as others have said, there are a handful of LTGGL on here (which means there must be even more out there) and we have all played the "how many TPs does CWS earn in a year" guessing game.....

typing this aboard SYD - DOH. loving the free wifi.

Happy Flying.
Oh wow.....you might not be a 'frequent' flyer but you must have travelled on BA for many years to accumulate that

I've only started flying on BA since April 2017

Since July 2017 I've been travelling weekly for work

PS: I enjoy your Insta feed...
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Oh wow.....you might not be a 'frequent' flyer but you must have travelled on BA for many years to accumulate that

I've only started flying on BA since April 2017

Since July 2017 I've been travelling weekly for work

PS: I enjoy your Insta feed...
cheers.

I do like flying and I do a fair amount - holidays, seeing friends & family globally etc. and yes, I do 100+ sectors a year but often a single trip (like this one) can be 10/12 sectors (LHR ARN DOH SYD CBR WLG / WLG SYD / SYD ADL / CBR SYD DOH ARN LHR). So I am nowhere near the 'weekly NYC commute' type frequent traveller though yes, through various combinations such as family and friends in different countries, I lead an 'international lifestyle' which means I travel more than the average person. and have done for a few years (though I still consider myself reasonably young).

this wifi is seriously good
kosy91 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: British Airways Lifetime Gold, Star Alliance Gold
I have a different frustration, I'm in my early 40s and have 56,000 Tier points so Lifetime Gold is long in the back view mirror but LT CGL seems unrealistically far away and frankly I want to travel less not more. Its a real shame that BA have no benefits for LT tier points between G for Life and GGL for Life - other than the obvious annual benefits for one year GGL and upgrade vouchers. Feels like a good reason to switch to Star Alliance and get similar status with them.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Be careful not to let the tail wag the dog...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:24 pm

Don't you mean S&M?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:26 pm

By-the way, I have 2595 life time tier points which is putting me on the right track.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Greenpen
By-the way, I have 2595 life time tier points which is putting me on the right track.
How more posts than BA lifetime tier miles is being on the right track?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by dandolon
I have a different frustration, I'm in my early 40s and have 56,000 Tier points so Lifetime Gold is long in the back view mirror but LT CGL seems unrealistically far away and frankly I want to travel less not more. Its a real shame that BA have no benefits for LT tier points between G for Life and GGL for Life - other than the obvious annual benefits for one year GGL and upgrade vouchers. Feels like a good reason to switch to Star Alliance and get similar status with them.
I have sympathy with your position.

I have slightly more lifetime TPs but I'm older than you. I could make LTGGL with another 5-6 years at the rate I've been going for the last 6 years but who knows whether that will happen. I've been tempted to switch to other frequent flyer programs but so far have not. If I make it to LTGGL it will have been a good decision as it would be handy to have the benefits associated with it during retirement in order to assist using our stash our Avios. Only time will tell.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have done 18,000 TP in 9 months and will be LTG in 2 weeks time for which I am short of 200 TP.
@380Flyer - WOW - If you dont mind me asking what sort of flying schedule does it take to get 18000 in 9 months ?? Is most of this in F ?
Just curious (And very jealous!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.