Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 Lifetime Tier Points - what next?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:02 am

Lifetime tier points only result in the 35,000 that you need for lifetime gold when you fly a Lot. I have over twenty-five years of BA behind me with on average 4-5 intercontinental business class trips per year... and now i am at 25,000 only.. so, t is only for those who fly mostly BA for an amazingly lng time.
kLM has it better organized: after ten years of platinum level, you get that for life. I have been gold BA for twenty years now, will not make for lufe though
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Henk de Vries III
Lifetime tier points only result in the 35,000 that you need for lifetime gold when you fly a Lot. I have over twenty-five years of BA behind me with on average 4-5 intercontinental business class trips per year... and now i am at 25,000 only.. so, t is only for those who fly mostly BA for an amazingly lng time.
kLM has it better organized: after ten years of platinum level, you get that for life. I have been gold BA for twenty years now, will not make for lufe though
Welcome to FT.

I assume that much of your time as BA gold was on the lower European threashold of just 800TPs per year. 20 years of this would see you achieve a total of 16,000TPs. Of course at the current gold level you would have 30,000 as a minumum if 1500TPs per yearcdorvtwentybyears.

All schemes have the pluses and their minuses.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by madfish

Welcome to FT.

I assume that much of your time as BA gold was on the lower European threashold of just 800TPs per year. 20 years of this would see you achieve a total of 16,000TPs. Of course at the current gold level you would have 30,000 as a minumum if 1500TPs per yearcdorvtwentybyears.

All schemes have the pluses and their minuses.

Ahh... thanks for that! I had forgotten the Euro earnings level and couldn't understand how our new friend Henk de Vries III could have kept so close to 1,500 TPs each year that they hadn't reached LTG!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:04 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Since you have already achieved 20,000 TP which is 57% of the way to LTG, then why not aim high and go for the LTG level.
It's all possible if you have your heart into it.

I have done 18,000 TP in 9 months and will be LTG in 2 weeks time for which I am short of 200 TP.

Aim high and you will get there!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Next could be:

Any other possibilities anyone else could think of?
20,025 for a short haul premium economy flight, eg CX HKG-TPE
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Henk de Vries III
I disagree that KLM has it better, I am currently in a spot where my work and pleasure travel allows me to do 10k a year, which means I get LTG around next year summer/autumn, having only joined BAEC 5 years ago. If I decide to settle down in year 8 and start family I would not enjoy the benefits of OWE that BA will be paying to CX and QF lounge usage when I move to Singapore
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I am in exactly the same position as the OP, although with a few more TPs but still with LTG now out of reach as my work related travel dwindles away.

I am particularly aggrieved (if anyone from BA is reading this) about the absence of any recognition of the flights taken in the pre-TP era, when only Miles were awarded. At that time I was doing a lot of flying on Concorde and in F, but this seemingly forms no part of my travel history as far as BA is concerned.
Ancient Observer likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
I have done 18,000 TP in 9 months and will be LTG in 2 weeks time for which I am short of 200 TP.
Have you been living on a plane ? 18,000 in 39 weeks means 460 per week, excluding any time away from flying. Congratulations, you make CWS look like a leisure flyer .

I'm about half way to LTG, and have about 8 years of working life in front of me (although all of my travel is leisure, so it's a case of (relatively) cash-rich/time-poor moving to (again, relatively) cash-poor/time-rich). I just hope that they don't scrap it by the time I get there!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Have you been living on a plane ? 18,000 in 39 weeks means 460 per week, excluding any time away from flying. Congratulations, you make CWS look like a leisure flyer .
Its less than an ex-EU F return per week! Totally plausible!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I am in exactly the same position as the OP, although with a few more TPs but still with LTG now out of reach as my work related travel dwindles away.

I am particularly aggrieved (if anyone from BA is reading this) about the absence of any recognition of the flights taken in the pre-TP era, when only Miles were awarded. At that time I was doing a lot of flying on Concorde and in F, but this seemingly forms no part of my travel history as far as BA is concerned.
I have some flights on a BA viscount dating back to 1967 and they wont credit those either. So I just have to carry on inching towards LTGGL.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I never bothered with this LTG thing as it was so far out of my reach I simply dismissed it (I only really started flying BA at all in 2013, and didn't get to gold until 2014). However, I have just looked and realised I too have just crossed 20k TPs.

So whilst GfL appeared out of reach in a reasonable time frame previously (and by reasonable I mean 'within a time frame that it won't be enhanced away'), I could feasibly hit GfL in 3 years or so if I stop flying other carriers once I hit the 3.5k TPs, as I do currently.

Something to consider, I guess.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I'm about half way to LTG, and have about 8 years of working life in front of me (although all of my travel is leisure, so it's a case of (relatively) cash-rich/time-poor moving to (again, relatively) cash-poor/time-rich). I just hope that they don't scrap it by the time I get there!
I'm in a very similar situation. When LTG was announced I didn't think I was ever going to make it (I was a Euro-gold until then), but having hit an average of around 2000 TPs per year over the past five years, it means I only need around 7-8 more years to make it. That is actually not so unachievable anymore
LondonAndy likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
A couple of points.

For those worried about dropping out of Gold/Silver etc., I can assure you that after 13 years of Gold, dropping to Blue sharpish was no hardship. Finding the right coffee bars that sell decent coffee that is much better than the lounge will give you is trial and error. Sandwiches etc in the "private sector" at airports are generally much better and fresher nowadays than the cheap and nasty stuff in lounges. Buying fresh stuff airside to take on board is a doddle. No worries about pilfering! Just pay!
(I love almond croissants)

For those who will not hit life time gold. I thought I would have done, but BA's historic records are pathetic. Quite a few of my J/F flights from the 90s are missing. They have even missed my one and only Concorde from JFK to LHR. They might forget it. I do not!!
However, I am not bothered as pottering around with the great unwashed is fine. I've been doing it for over 10 years now!
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
I've been sat at 34630 for the last couple of weeks. Next travelling on 18/March and that trip will get it done.

Good luck to everyone else getting there
madfish, Oaxaca and Shahar like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Any idea whats the highest number of TPs accumulated by one passenger? I guess we are talking about 40k+ TP mark?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.