Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Daily Mail again - crew misbehaviour on overnight stops

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Daily Mail again - crew misbehaviour on overnight stops

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by DCP2016
Is this limited to young European FA's? Either the media is different here in the US on reporting acts like this or it never really happens here in the US. Maybe because most of the younger crews are stuck on NYC to WAS or hub to small Midwest town flights all day?
Probably more likely because the average age of U.S. cabin crew is 87
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DCP2016
Is this limited to young European FA's? Either the media is different here in the US on reporting acts like this or it never really happens here in the US. Maybe because most of the younger crews are stuck on NYC to WAS or hub to small Midwest town flights all day?
US3 airline cabin crew members in the US tend to end up in "less sexy" hotels in the US than BA flight crew members do in the US, and the age mix and employment self-selection dynamics are different in the US than in the UK. Also, keep in mind the US litigation system and the impact that may have on the US airlines and their employees approach to employees engaging in "partying" together. I would bet that large US companies are probably way more engaged in trying to avoid being flagged for drunken sexual harassment and being hit with civil penalties for such activity in the US than European carriers and their employees are. Also, most of the heavy partying done by Americans tends to mostly be done by the time they get into the workforce. I can't say the same holds true in some parts of the EU where the paycheck-day-driven partying tends to be way more obvious in parts of Europe than in the US.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Oh well. Some complain because cabin crew are supposedly too old - others because they are too young and partying ... Yes, mixed fleet crews are mostly in their early 20s and yes, they are partying. I'm entirely fine with them.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by London_traveller
Probably more likely because the average age of U.S. cabin crew is 87
Page 12 of this month's American Way magazine has an article on AA's longest serving flight attendant, who has just clocked up 60 years of service. That must make her late 70s and still flying.

http://www.ink-live.com/emagazines/a...november-2017/

Wow!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Bless you and thank you for your thoughts, I am a very brave boy and will soldier on.
Good man. That's the spirit. Keep your chin up, and keep grinding the axe.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by steadman
I can't believe the story will do a lot of damage. Sexing up BA might help it's appeal to the young!
So you want BA's MF flights to be like the new AF JOON?

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Page 12 of this month's American Way magazine has an article on AA's longest serving flight attendant, who has just clocked up 60 years of service. That must make her late 70s and still flying.

http://www.ink-live.com/emagazines/a...november-2017/

Wow!
PMNW and then DL had a (male) FA/purser who was about 90 when he was finally forced to retire. He turned up at requalification procedures with his lawyer(s).
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So you want BA's MF flights to be like the new AF JOON?
Ha-ha! Like that will happen - isn't tea, coffee and juice free on all their flights?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, RCI Diamond
On a positive note.....

I’m currently staying in KIN and have been for over a week. My hotel seems to be the hotel of choice for BA. I have not experienced one negative from any of the crew. I guess the LGW to KIN run is a mixed fleet crew? They have been lovely. No excessive drinking, certainly no naughtiness in the public areas.

In fact, after one or two too many Red Stripes myself, I have noticed they have been so very professional with my (half) drunken thoughts of BA!

Seriously, my limited experience of them in a social setting has been wholey positive. In any high profile organisation, you will always get individuals who step over the line. They are always a minority and I think we should remember this.

Remember, this the Daily Mail reporting this with their totally unbiased opinion....! I’m not saying things didn’t happen, but is there a need to sensationalise things so much?!

And, I’ve just seen a few miniatures being shared around. Who cares (as long as there is enough to go round!) that they get a couple of cheap drinks?

Let’s get a tiny bit of perspective peeps!

Happy flying one and all
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, RCI Diamond
Auto correct.....

just re-read the above. Bloody auto correct had had me over again. Sorry!!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by dombo17uk

Seriously, my limited experience of them in a social setting has been wholey positive. In any high profile organisation, you will always get individuals who step over the line. They are always a minority and I think we should remember this.

Remember, this the Daily Mail reporting this with their totally unbiased opinion....! I’m not saying things didn’t happen, but is there a need to sensationalise things so much?!
+1
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Given the way the Daily Mail have been reporting stories about BA of late, it wouldn't surprise me if they get stopped across the lounges, or for that matter across the board in the near future
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by dombo17uk
I guess the LGW to KIN run is a mixed fleet crew?
MF is only ex-LHR. LGW is run by "Single Fleet Gatwick". There is only overlap during disruption. Nice that you thought there were behaving well irrespective of their contract.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by shefgab
MF is only ex-LHR. LGW is run by "Single Fleet Gatwick". There is only overlap during disruption. Nice that you thought there were behaving well irrespective of their contract.
Yet within the LGW fleet, you have the colloquially named 'Beach Fleet'.

M
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Given the way the Daily Mail have been reporting stories about BA of late, it wouldn't surprise me if they get stopped across the lounges, or for that matter across the board in the near future
And presumably BA were annoyed not to win more Telegraph travel awards!
TyneTraveller likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by 710 77345
And presumably BA were annoyed not to win more Telegraph travel awards!
Absolutley enraged I would think!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.