Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Daily Mail again - crew misbehaviour on overnight stops

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Daily Mail again - crew misbehaviour on overnight stops

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Originally Posted by 710 77345
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Given the way the Daily Mail have been reporting stories about BA of late, it wouldn't surprise me if they get stopped across the lounges, or for that matter across the board in the near future
And presumably BA were annoyed not to win more Telegraph travel awards!
Absolutley enraged I would think!
Oh, you two are naughty.
TyneTraveller likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

In Nairobi at present....seen this on the local news wires.

British Airways sacks crew over night rampage at Ole Sereni Hotel - Nairobi News

Crew fired after incidents in local hotel.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by simons1
In Nairobi at present....seen this on the local news wires.

British Airways sacks crew over night rampage at Ole Sereni Hotel - Nairobi News

Crew fired after incidents in local hotel.
Putting aside the details of the incident, I do enjoy the more interesting use of language in the Kenyan press, which is something the UK media seems to lack these days. “A night of merry… caused drama”, for instance...
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by squawk
Putting aside the details of the incident, I do enjoy the more interesting use of language in the Kenyan press, which is something the UK media seems to lack these days. “A night of merry… caused drama”, for instance …
Ah, the wonders of dialect. My companion is always complaining about Indian IT using the word "updation", which is a perfectly comprehensible noun derived from an obvious root, even if it is not standard English usage; but simultaneously oblivious to the time oddity in the South African dialect usage of the phrase "just now".
squawk likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Ah, the wonders of dialect. My companion is always complaining about Indian IT using the word "updation", which is a perfectly comprehensible noun derived from an obvious root, even if it is not standard English usage; but simultaneously oblivious to the time oddity in the South African dialect usage of the phrase "just now".
A few years back I was with my family visiting an old friend of Indian descent in Zimbabwe. In a conversation with a national park guide, she mentioned her husband, who had passed away a few years before: "My husband, who is now late, and I came here often…" I had to stifle my mirth in a sudden coughing fit.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
I lived in India for a year and a half, and my two favourites were “it is very less” and the incident when my driver asked if he could take the next day off because his neighbour had “expired”. I’m not a native English speaker myself, but have no problem understanding these variations and actually find them charming.

Back on topic: I currently have three former colleagues from one former employer and another two from another one currently wanted by the FBI for “misbehaving”, so this is not something limited to cabin crew, BA or mixed fleet.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
I lived in India for a year and a half, and my two favourites were “it is very less” and the incident when my driver asked if he could take the next day off because his neighbour had “expired”. I’m not a native English speaker myself, but have no problem understanding these variations and actually find them charming.

Back on topic: I currently have three former colleagues from one former employer and another two from another one currently wanted by the FBI for “misbehaving”, so this is not something limited to cabin crew, BA or mixed fleet.
Must be pretty severe misbehaviour if the FBI are after them

Anybody who is in any doubt that some of this is cultural needs only to walk out into the streets of London (or any other British city) any evening this week and observe the institution that is the office Xmas party. I have no doubt that the behaviour of the crew in Kenya left something to be desired, but sacking seems a bit harsh. I suppose it all depends on whether these were serial offenders and just how "merry" they were, but much as I despair at much that has gone at BA recently, I am inclined to be reasonably relaxed about some "high jinks" in a hotel.
florens and squawk like this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I’m sure it depends on what they got up too but the girl who was sacked in Singapore was taking a pee in reception, not very classy in my opinion.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I’m sure it depends on what they got up too but the girl who was sacked in Singapore was taking a pee in reception, not very classy in my opinion.
Yes that's pretty poor even by my permissive standards
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:07 am

South African mothers know exactly what it means...
"Mum... I will do it just now."
"You will do it right now young man(!)"
msm2000uk and frasier like this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
Unhappy

Originally Posted by swiss_global
Yes, mixed fleet crews are mostly in their early 20s and yes, they are partying. I'm entirely fine with them.
I'm never someone to miss an opportunity to criticise Alex Cruz, but my only upset about these "raunchy parties" is that I'm not getting invited to them
Orange.Man likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Disgraceful.Where would she wash her hands?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:19 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Oh, I thought that Can I help you was referring to running through hotel lobbies naked ...

Hobbling more like. Poor old thing.
rapidex likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Hobbling more like. Poor old thing.
or on roller skates perhaps
florens likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:45 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by bullroot
You have such a beef on BA I wonder why you still work there. Everything is always the airline's or the staff's fault. Must be hard to work somewhere that all colleagues have imperfections.
Grief, that comes as really rich, seeing that everyone and his dog come on here with never a good word to say about the company. You might ask them why they continue to spend their money on a product that clearly does not meet their exacting standards. CIHY is old school. The last time that he saw 40 anything was on some boarding gate.He remembers things as they used to be. He tries to do things the way that they should be done. He has been faced with a downgrading of his job as they pull more and more staff off the aircraft, and so many paltry cheeseparing cuts. What's he supposed to say?

Me? I miss sitting at home dreaming about going to work and how wonderful our passengers and company are. As for the topic, I fear that the only capers that I get now reside in the pantry waiting to be added to a good Beurre Noire to accompany a skate or a sole.

Yet there was a time when we BCAL girls could party - there not really fit for retelling on a family Forum, but there was a wonderful night in Hong Kong in particular with a naked Captain running through hotel corridors, two performing trollops from Tarom,and a bucket of cold water, I will spare your blushes and leave it at that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.