Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Aerospace Bristol (Concorde museum) visit and DO | 24 Feb 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nick.t.davies
Bristol DO (Concorde visit at Aerospace Bristol museum and evening drinks/meal) 24th Feb. 2018. (a Saturday)

DO activities and timings: (as a guide, this isn't regimented, however, you will want to maximise the Aerospace Bristol time so arriving in a timely manner will help, and later, our restaurant will get nervous if we don't arrive sometime between 7:45 and 8 PM!

I believe we currently have just about enough people car sharing/travelling together to get everyone to Aerospace Bristol from downtown...but if anyone needs a ride or is willing to offer a lift please do post that in the thread or note it on this wiki below by your name please. Ta!

Names for the lifts to/from Bristol to the museum can be added here, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qIRFZIpVQfiQRTBdwi0aZctVyQauU-v3UTfAL-6l8Ms/edit?usp=sharing

12:10 Meet at DoubleTree Bristol car park to car share (for those that wish to, DT allows a brief entry to their car park without charge)
12:15 to 12:45 Car convoy to Aerospace Bristol (it's about a 30 minute journey in traffic)
12:45 to 13:00 Arrive, Ticket collection at Aerospace Bristol (BotB to wait at entrance for any stragglers!)
13:00 Aerospace Bristol and Concorde visit (we are registered as a group and have a discounted price but it is not a guided tour) £10 / person, please bring cash to the venue to receive your ticket.
16:00 Aerospace Bristol closes for the day
Thereafter car convoy back to DT City Centre

Then, later on...we offer two choices (the equivalent of chicken or beef if you will)...

For the livelier crowd that wants a few local pints before the main meal:

A Mini Pub Crawl being led by When I Travel The World, starting at 18:30 and going until 19:30ish so you'll be at SOTA in time for a nice hot meal and rejoining the rest of us!

The plan currently is to grab a quick beer at Brew Dog and then move onto the Small Bar http://www.smallbar.co.uk/ .

For those interested, please PM When I Travel The World to find out the secret handshake and location...enjoy!

For the rest, or should you wish to do your own thing until just before the evening meal, you can meet up with BotB at the Watershed (an easy place to find and a short walk to the SOTA restaurant afterwards)...I'll be there from 18:30 so show up anytime you like up to 19:30 when I'll take anyone that is with me to SOTA and we'll meet up with the others...

So,

18:30 to 19:30 Pre Meal Pub Crawl for those interested or...

18:30 to 19:30 General easy to find meeting point with options for drinks for those interested at Watershed cafe/bar area upstairs, harbourside. Website and info here: https://www.watershed.co.uk/cafe-bar

In either case, at: 19:30 to 19:45 both groups will stroll across to SOTA (Steak of the Art restaurant)....a 10 minute walk maximum along waterfront to Millennium square

19:45 Evening meal at Steak of the Art (SOTA)
22:45 We'll be asked to leave! (they close at 23:00 IIRC)...
Thereafter, those that wish to...can paint the town red...

Those attending: 29, so far, some for Museum, some for the evening meal!

For those attending the evening meal at SOTA, here is a link to the form you can fill out about your meal choices, sides, food allergies and such...(thanks to nick.t.davies ^ ) https://goo.gl/forms/aDDKGIJf2Kq6fqJi1 I will post about this in the thread as well with more detail but thought it would be good to have it linked here in the wiki as well.

allturnleft (all activities) (getting lift from BotB) (staying Bristol Hotel)
bigmarley4 +1 (museum only)
BotB (local) *willing to drive others to museum (all spare car space taken) (All activities) (staying DoubleTree)
camdentown (all activities)
Cymro (evening meal/drinks only)(staying DoubleTree)
Dakota (local) (all activities)
flyingbrief (all activities)
Greenpen (staying at Double Tree, all activities)
johnaalex (all activities) (staying Marriott Royal) willing to drive others to museum
KARFA (staying DoubleTree) (all activities)
matthandy (moving so may be local by that time!)
megaloman (museum only)(getting a lift with BotB)
morges1 (all activities) (staying Bristol Hotel)
MrBambi & MrsBambi (staying DoubleTree) *willing to drive others to museum (all activities)
nick.t.davies (staying DoubleTree) *willing to drive others to museum
PETER01 (evening meal/drinks only)
puqu99i +2 (all activities) (staying Mercure Brigstow) driving the trio!
simonsmith (all activities)
squawk (staying DoubleTree) (all activities) (getting a lift from BotB)
TheFlyingDoctor (local, museum visit in any case!) (already has ticket) public transport
thundercat (staying DoubleTree) *willing to drive others to museum (3 if CE, 4 if ET) (All activities)
When I Travel The World (Local, Museum visit and organising the pub crawl bit but not coming to dinner) (has own ticket for Bristol Aerospace) public transport
Ziz (evening meal/drinks only) (staying Hilton Garden Inn)

Hotels: (the Hilton DoubleTree seems to be the hotel of choice but for others see below!)

Link to post with suggested hotels in Bristol here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29180826-post32.html (besides the excellent FT threads on many of the hotels mentioned...)

Transport: (how to get here and what options are available!)

Link to post with suggested transport options; https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29202661-post37.html

Other sites to check out while you are here:

Link to post with suggestions: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29202750-post38.html

Updated to post 164.
Print Wikipost

Aerospace Bristol (Concorde museum) visit and DO | 24 Feb 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by BotB
Thanks for the kind words, my pleasure! To be clear: You did originally ask for Sirloin, done medium and with chips and peas...I'll change it to Fillet if you wish? (please confirm either way! Thanks!) And, while we're at it...did you book your hotel yet?
I would like to have a Fillet Steak now please, medium and with chips and peas. (Still having the Tiger Prawns for starters)

I won't change from this so thanks BotB and I'm booking a hotel today as it happens!
BotB likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Just a friendly reminder to everyone coming to the dinner to fill out the menu pre-orders here, https://goo.gl/forms/GyqI5wd35ItREoUQ2. We have 12 responses so far.

If anyone wants to change their order then just feel free to submit a new form, I'll de-duplicate and only use the last submission for SOTA.

Originally Posted by PETER01
I would like to have a Fillet Steak now please, medium and with chips and peas. (Still having the Tiger Prawns for starters)
PETER01, I've amended your choice on the list
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
Afternoon, I will be attending the museum only due to the rugby at 16:45. Thanks B
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by PETER01

I won't change from this so thanks BotB and I'm booking a hotel today as it happens!
Originally Posted by nick.t.davies
Thank you very much nick.t.davies ^
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:16 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Just a friendly reminder to everyone coming to the dinner to fill out the menu pre-orders here, https://goo.gl/forms/GyqI5wd35ItREoUQ2. We have 12 responses so far.

If anyone wants to change their order then just feel free to submit a new form, I'll de-duplicate and only use the last submission for SOTA.

Thanks nick.t.davies, much appreciated. ^

Originally Posted by baileysserpant
Afternoon, I will be attending the museum only due to the rugby at 16:45. Thanks B
Thanks for letting us know, I've updated the wiki and hope your team wins! Join us to celebrate or commiserate if you wish!

Anyone else wish to join us? Open to all.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I am pleased to say that I can make this event, both the museum and evening do. For the meal I would like:
Starter - Smoked Sauasage Chorizo & Ciabatta; Main course - SOTA Burger cooked medium, no relish, with Hand Cut Chips; Dessert - Raspberry Crème brûlée.
I'll be staying at the Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by johnaalex
I am pleased to say that I can make this event, both the museum and evening do. For the meal I would like:
Starter - Smoked Sauasage Chorizo & Ciabatta; Main course - SOTA Burger cooked medium, no relish, with Hand Cut Chips; Dessert - Raspberry Crème brûlée.
Great you can make it, can you put your food order here please, https://goo.gl/forms/GyqI5wd35ItREoUQ2, so we can consolidate everything in one place.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
sorry can you checked i put sirloin and not rump! Tx
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Great you can make it, can you put your food order here please, https://goo.gl/forms/GyqI5wd35ItREoUQ2, so we can consolidate everything in one place.
All done, thank you.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:50 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by johnaalex
That great johnaalex , good to have you join us! ^ Look forward to meeting you, hope you'll have a great time. I'll update the wiki with this info. ^

Thanks nick.t.davies , much appreciated.

Anyone else wish to join in? Open to all, come along for the museum, the evening or both!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by simonsmith
sorry can you checked i put sirloin and not rump! Tx
simonsmith, yep you ordered the sirloin
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC at last back to Gold, Flying Blue, Red with the Bearded One, Accor, Finnair Plus Blue
Wow, this is turning into a monster do! Excellent .
Been at least a year since I have been to one of these due to lots of travel so very much looking forward to meeting up with flyers I have met met over the years (yes, including you PETER01 ) and many new flyers.
Keep up the good work BotB ^
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

3 weeks to go until the DO!

Thursday the 15th is the cut off date for anyone to join us and indicate that you wish to join the Bristol Aerospace museum visit as I have to give final numbers for our group on the 16th Feb. (Friday) and pay the remaining amount outstanding. So, if anyone has been lurking and thinking of joining in...you have a week and a half to speak out or (at least for this do) forever hold you peace!

I'm also going to have to pass the food choices to SOTA for those going to the evening meal with us on the Saturday (17th Feb) so please do put your choices into the google forms that nick.t.davies has kindly provided.

Anyone else wish to join us? Open to all!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:47 am
Original Poster

I've decided to book a room at the DT so I won't have to worry about having more than one...

Really starting to look forward to the DO, not too long now. Anyone else wish to join in? Please see my post above regarding deadlines for food and museum attendance!

I'm away most of next week but will reply as soon as I can should any developments or questions come up!
thundercat and nick.t.davies like this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:02 am
Original Poster

A quick bump to the thread and to those that are attending to please make sure you get your food orders in asap if you are attending the evening meal. (for convenience, the link to the google form nick.t.davies has kindly provided is here: https://goo.gl/forms/GyqI5wd35ItREoUQ2

I'll send out PM's to everyone (individually) this weekend at the two week mark to make sure people are reminded of the upcoming DO, that they have told me what events they are attending (or confirm their choices up to this point) and that they make their 'chicken or beef' food choices!

I'll also be asking if you are needing a lift to the museum or if you are able to provide a lift to others as that should help keep car numbers and hassle down getting to and from the museum.

Thanks to everyone that has shown interest, looking forward to meeting new and familiar faces at the various functions. Not too late to join in if anyone would still like to...Open to all. ^

Safe travels.

Last edited by BotB; Feb 8, 2018 at 10:04 am Reason: adding link for food orders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.