Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Premium Economy via BA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Booking AA Premium Economy via BA

I'm currently trying to book some flights to Hawaii, and if I fly via DFW then the DFW-HNL 777s have AA's premium economy cabin.

But if I book on BA, rather than AA.com then I'm only showed that leg in economy, even though LHR-DFW goes into WT+

Any thoughts on how to book an open-jaw ex-EU to HNL, back to HNL, ideally with WT+/PremEcon seats on all sectors?

AA's website only shows premium economy option for straightforward returns, adn BA's multi-city (& BA holidays) forces the AA legs to Y.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
PHone ba or use Expedia ?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
no idea sorry, apart from mentioned just phone. I didn't know they got the PE on that route - good choice to choose that route. Ive been meaning to go for a few years now. Enjoy - Ive heard good things about the cabin.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I'm having similar although not precisely the same problem with a number of routes where there are price and availability inconsistencies between ba.com & aa.com when seeking to book the new cabin especially where PE is not yet in place but is planned for the future.

I'm hoping that it's largely teething problems and will all be resolved over time. I'm fortunate in that I'm not in any hurry to book and can wait until that happens.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I've just tried booking a ticket to HNL from KBP in PE on ba.com and got PE on DFW-HNL flights. Before booking, I checked on EF that BA loaded PE booking classes on those dates/flights. DeanB, are you sure that the flights on your dates are operated with a PE cabin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.