Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA Super Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The world treats travel bloggers with far too much respect. Just like amateur models on Instagram hawking second rate fashion and weight loss tea, most modern travel bloggers don't actually properly experience where they visit and because they are receiving payment for advertising they aren't passing on their honest uninformed opinions in any case.

BA could really have done their customers a service by not giving these people another platform, as their success comes at the cost of actual real travel reviewers who seek to inform rather than to simply profiteer.
Tobias-UK and argonath like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond
I'd actually quite like to receive The Club. For some reason I get no marketing emails from BA at all. I once got fed up with the constant feedback emails after every flight - so I un-ticked all the marketing communications boxes. About a year ago I re-ticked them - because I felt I was probably missing out on offers - but I have not managed to get BA's attention again! Any ideas on how to do so?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

BA could really have done their customers a service by not giving these people another platform, as their success comes at the cost of actual real travel reviewers who seek to inform rather than to simply profiteer.
Who are ''real travel reviewers''?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
As an AA/CX person who has a BA account solely for the purpose of checking OW award availability, I just received this email/Club Magazine(??) as well. Opened it for the first time because I saw this post first...
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I am! I Make videos for YouTube, but I don't give an opinion at the end. I leave the viewers to form their own opinion based on what they've seen.

Although having said that, I don't get paid (other than YouTube monetisation) so maybe I'm not all that real. Instead, I have to rely on my day job to fund my trips.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Someone who reviews their travel based on what they actually think and based on actually experiencing the product. Someone not lying, basically.

Flyertalk is not a bad place to find such people.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Raffles site is about the points side of the equation, but I truly enjoy the reviews done there.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by WardourWill
I'd actually quite like to receive The Club. For some reason I get no marketing emails from BA at all. I once got fed up with the constant feedback emails after every flight - so I un-ticked all the marketing communications boxes. About a year ago I re-ticked them - because I felt I was probably missing out on offers - but I have not managed to get BA's attention again! Any ideas on how to do so?
No idea, I had the same problem for a long time. Though, after I reached BA Gold, someone figured out how to fix it. Now I get these mailings.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by greg5
No idea, I had the same problem for a long time. Though, after I reached BA Gold, someone figured out how to fix it. Now I get these mailings.
I also managed to 'miss out' and couldn't work out why - all my marketing preferences were set to Yes. Turned out my ISP had blocked them at source as spam and there was nothing BA could do! And after 12-18 months it unblocked itself again. Weird.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:50 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
As an AA/CX person who has a BA account solely for the purpose of checking OW award availability, I just received this email/Club Magazine(??) as well. Opened it for the first time because I saw this post first...
Articles like this one aren't my cup of tea but there's always something interesting to read.
I actually do find the magazine interesting. A lot is fluff but often you can get some travel ideas.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:55 pm

I don't think my eyes can roll as far as I want.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sxc
I actually do find the magazine interesting. A lot is fluff but often you can get some travel ideas.
That's how I feel about the CX inflight magazine AAs is just meh. Last time on BA I was chatting with a banker so did not have time to read. Is it the same with this?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The Club needs some more practical articles, like "Folk remedies for bedbug bites", or "How to clean up a urine soaked seat"...
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by nk15
The Club needs some more practical articles, like "Folk remedies for bedbug bites", or "How to clean up a urine soaked seat"...
"Tasty foods you can bring through security for when your CE meal isn't loaded"
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Mobile phone options with low national and roaming call rates for when you're on hold to British Airways complaints. Could save you thousands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.