FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   The BA Super Travellers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1874964-ba-super-travellers.html)

sxc Oct 31, 2017 1:27 am

The BA Super Travellers

Article in this month's The Club:

http://theclub.ba.com/november-2017/...er-travellers/

Out of the 5 people featured, only one is GGL and one is the famed TP runner. Thought they would have been able to find some travellers with more insane travel patterns?

madfish Oct 31, 2017 1:40 am

Really nothing much of interest. Some of them are not exactly that frequent flyers in terms of BA, including the one who’s Blue. There is little detail about their travels and would prefer to read some of the trip reports on here.

YacozA Oct 31, 2017 3:14 am

Not really surprising given that most of them are full-time "Travel Bloggers"

Worcester Oct 31, 2017 3:34 am

Won't go down well it the tree huggers pick it up

V10 Oct 31, 2017 3:43 am

It's out-and-out marketing fluff, not entirely unexpected. I'd imagine that for many people doing an awful lot of miles the reality is rather dull and mundane.

Travel bloggers though, ten a penny these days. Otherwise known as what-can-I-write-about-to-blag-stuff-for-free.

gms Oct 31, 2017 4:33 am

It's full of nuggets of wisdom such as "Top travel tip: Have an idea of the things you want to do, see and try before you arrive – it’ll save you time."

Gosh. My life is now complete. :rolleyes:

crazyanglaisy Oct 31, 2017 5:33 am

"Best thing about being an Executive Club Member? It gives me a sense of belonging. As soon as I enter a BA lounge anywhere in the world, I feel at home."

That must have been subject to some crafty editing. Surely no one, not even a GGL member, would actually come out with something like that - at least not in public!

IAN-UK Oct 31, 2017 5:36 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy (Post 28998213)
"Best thing about being an Executive Club Member? It gives me a sense of belonging. As soon as I enter a BA lounge anywhere in the world, I feel at home."

The Amsterdam lounge maybe ?

subject2load Oct 31, 2017 6:01 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 28998224)
The Amsterdam lounge maybe ?

Cheeky :D:D

msm2000uk Oct 31, 2017 6:14 am

I can't wait to be barged out the way in the Priority queue at the gate by someone shouting 'EXCUSE ME, EXCUSE ME. I'M A SUPER TRAVELLER'.

M

jwhite9185 Oct 31, 2017 7:02 am

Originally Posted by V10 (Post 28997959)

Travel bloggers though, ten a penny these days. Otherwise known as what-can-I-write-about-to-blag-stuff-for-free.

Seems as though a lot of people seem to think it’s an easy way to make a living these days. Yet most of these blogs are full of the same old information coupled with a trip report where every flight is amazing.

710 77345 Oct 31, 2017 7:03 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy (Post 28998213)

That must have been subject to some crafty editing. Surely no one, not even a GGL member, would actually come out with something like that - at least not in public!

I wonder what his home is like.

frank_poulankh Oct 31, 2017 7:14 am

Originally Posted by 710 77345 (Post 28998481)
I wonder what his home is like.

Mice roaming free, constant flooding in the kitchen, people loading the contents of his fridge into backpacks etc. :D

TheOldMan Oct 31, 2017 7:43 am

As soon as I see the club newsletter in my inbox, I delete.

HIDDY Oct 31, 2017 8:13 am

Originally Posted by TheOldMan (Post 28998647)
As soon as I see the club newsletter in my inbox, I delete.

Articles like this one aren't my cup of tea but there's always something interesting to read.