Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baxterstorey contract renewal?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Baxterstorey contract renewal?

From my recollection, BS had 5 year contract to serve BA's UK operations which must be drawing to an end now and with the only highlight was them scoring a shocking 2/5 in its first Food Standards Agency report. Any news if the existing contract will be extended?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
I dont know about their contract renewal. But today I did feel a bit of a glutton eating a full English breakfast, then later Chicken Tika Masala, then a bit later the Penne Pasta and then some finger sandwiches. All tasted okay to me, but I did have seven hours in the First lounge at T5. Actually I still have an hour to go, maybe one more tasting trip.......

Brian
Sealink and Stez like this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hanmer
I dont know about their contract renewal. But today I did feel a bit of a glutton eating a full English breakfast, then later Chicken Tika Masala, then a bit later the Penne Pasta and then some finger sandwiches. All tasted okay to me, but I did have seven hours in the First lounge at T5. Actually I still have an hour to go, maybe one more tasting trip.......

Brian
by saying chicken masala you mean a tank of oily sauce that hardly have any chicken bits in?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Maybe someone could give a nudge to Do & Co's sales department?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k

Brian
Seven hours? My wife gives me stick if we are there for more than 45 mins... clearly I don’t have the right friends! If she was in a shopping mall, 7 hours would likely be bare minimum...
Sealink likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Maybe someone could give a nudge to Do & Co's sales department?
Whilst I am right with you on the general high-quality of DO&CO, they run the 3rd-party lounges at VIE, of which I am a frequent visitor, and over the few years I have been going, the quality of the hot food (albeit is only a limited selection) has deteriorated significantly of late. The evening hot dish used to something like Moroccan-style chicken or chicken in paprika sauce. These days it is generally mushy pasta with a tomato sauce or chunks of carrot and courgette masquerading as teriyaki vegetables.

I suspect a lot of it is what the contract will specify and pay for, so DO&CO under BA's cost-consciousness may not be that much of an improvement.

Shuttle
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC
You'll find that it isn't just the supplier that matters but also the budget. I'm currently working on site with a client who uses the same caterer as my company, but the difference is quality is huge. All about how much £££ can be allocated to it... but we know what that means with BA these days.
seanp7, Kgmm77 and MarkFlies like this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
Seven hours? My wife gives me stick if we are there for more than 45 mins... clearly I don’t have the right friends! If she was in a shopping mall, 7 hours would likely be bare minimum...
Next Thusday I have an eleven hour layover at T5, so todays seven hours is nothing!!!!! Lounge crawl may be required to stop the insanity taking over. Or maybe a T5 lounge crawl is insanity?

Bri
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
by saying chicken masala you mean a tank of oily sauce that hardly have any chicken bits in?
Look I found at least two bits of chicken in that whole bowl of Massla. At least I am sure they were chicken.

Bri
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The sauce is the best part of a curry.
Sealink likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent
You'll find that it isn't just the supplier that matters but also the budget. I'm currently working on site with a client who uses the same caterer as my company, but the difference is quality is huge. All about how much £££ can be allocated to it... but we know what that means with BA these days.
This. In a cut throat industry cost, budget, finance, money, spend are probably the top 5 criteria. Can't blame BA for that really, lounges are really an overhead to be cut.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Please get rid of them.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Next Thusday I have an eleven hour layover at T5, so todays seven hours is nothing!!!!! Lounge crawl may be required to stop the insanity taking over. Or maybe a T5 lounge crawl is insanity?

Bri
I would suggest you leave the airport! 1 hour in the GF is fine, 2 hours ok, 3 hours mmmm, more than 4 hours? Get out!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 7:46 am
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:39 am

Bri
11 hours in a lounge is madness. I would be very bored indeed, and anything more than an hour in a lounge is tedious.

I would suggest that you get out of the airport and enjoy London.
Petrus, Stez and bafan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.