FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Baxterstorey contract renewal? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1871305-baxterstorey-contract-renewal.html)

icegirl Oct 10, 2017 9:09 am

Baxterstorey contract renewal?

From my recollection, BS had 5 year contract to serve BA's UK operations which must be drawing to an end now and with the only highlight was them scoring a shocking 2/5 in its first Food Standards Agency report. Any news if the existing contract will be extended?

hanmer Oct 10, 2017 9:16 am

I dont know about their contract renewal. But today I did feel a bit of a glutton eating a full English breakfast, then later Chicken Tika Masala, then a bit later the Penne Pasta and then some finger sandwiches. All tasted okay to me, but I did have seven hours in the First lounge at T5. Actually I still have an hour to go, maybe one more tasting trip.......

Brian

FlyerTalker688786 Oct 10, 2017 9:21 am

Originally Posted by hanmer (Post 28915575)
I dont know about their contract renewal. But today I did feel a bit of a glutton eating a full English breakfast, then later Chicken Tika Masala, then a bit later the Penne Pasta and then some finger sandwiches. All tasted okay to me, but I did have seven hours in the First lounge at T5. Actually I still have an hour to go, maybe one more tasting trip.......

Brian

by saying chicken masala you mean a tank of oily sauce that hardly have any chicken bits in?

EuropeanPete Oct 10, 2017 9:23 am

Maybe someone could give a nudge to Do & Co's sales department?

LondonCanuck Oct 10, 2017 9:41 am

Originally Posted by hanmer (Post 28915575)

Brian

Seven hours? My wife gives me stick if we are there for more than 45 mins... clearly I don’t have the right friends! If she was in a shopping mall, 7 hours would likely be bare minimum... :(

Shuttle Oct 10, 2017 10:19 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete (Post 28915602)
Maybe someone could give a nudge to Do & Co's sales department?

Whilst I am right with you on the general high-quality of DO&CO, they run the 3rd-party lounges at VIE, of which I am a frequent visitor, and over the few years I have been going, the quality of the hot food (albeit is only a limited selection) has deteriorated significantly of late. The evening hot dish used to something like Moroccan-style chicken or chicken in paprika sauce. These days it is generally mushy pasta with a tomato sauce or chunks of carrot and courgette masquerading as teriyaki vegetables.

I suspect a lot of it is what the contract will specify and pay for, so DO&CO under BA's cost-consciousness may not be that much of an improvement.

Shuttle

mrvincent Oct 10, 2017 10:27 am

You'll find that it isn't just the supplier that matters but also the budget. I'm currently working on site with a client who uses the same caterer as my company, but the difference is quality is huge. All about how much £££ can be allocated to it... but we know what that means with BA these days.

hanmer Oct 10, 2017 10:45 am

Originally Posted by LondonCanuck (Post 28915695)
Seven hours? My wife gives me stick if we are there for more than 45 mins... clearly I don’t have the right friends! If she was in a shopping mall, 7 hours would likely be bare minimum... :(

Next Thusday I have an eleven hour layover at T5, so todays seven hours is nothing!!!!! Lounge crawl may be required to stop the insanity taking over. Or maybe a T5 lounge crawl is insanity?

Bri

hanmer Oct 10, 2017 10:47 am

Originally Posted by chongcao (Post 28915595)
by saying chicken masala you mean a tank of oily sauce that hardly have any chicken bits in?

Look I found at least two bits of chicken in that whole bowl of Massla. At least I am sure they were chicken. :D

Bri

HIDDY Oct 10, 2017 10:58 am

The sauce is the best part of a curry.

simons1 Oct 10, 2017 11:02 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent (Post 28915908)
You'll find that it isn't just the supplier that matters but also the budget. I'm currently working on site with a client who uses the same caterer as my company, but the difference is quality is huge. All about how much £££ can be allocated to it... but we know what that means with BA these days.

This. In a cut throat industry cost, budget, finance, money, spend are probably the top 5 criteria. Can't blame BA for that really, lounges are really an overhead to be cut.

smokie36 Oct 10, 2017 11:21 am

Please get rid of them.

shefgab Oct 10, 2017 11:29 am

Originally Posted by hanmer (Post 28916011)
Next Thusday I have an eleven hour layover at T5, so todays seven hours is nothing!!!!! Lounge crawl may be required to stop the insanity taking over. Or maybe a T5 lounge crawl is insanity?

Bri

I would suggest you leave the airport! 1 hour in the GF is fine, 2 hours ok, 3 hours mmmm, more than 4 hours? Get out!

ahmetdouas Oct 10, 2017 11:30 am

deleted

rossmacd Oct 10, 2017 11:39 am

Originally Posted by hanmer (Post 28916011)

Bri

11 hours in a lounge is madness. I would be very bored indeed, and anything more than an hour in a lounge is tedious.

I would suggest that you get out of the airport and enjoy London.