Baxterstorey contract renewal?

Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Baxterstorey contract renewal?

From my recollection, BS had 5 year contract to serve BA's UK operations which must be drawing to an end now and with the only highlight was them scoring a shocking 2/5 in its first Food Standards Agency report. Any news if the existing contract will be extended?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
I dont know about their contract renewal. But today I did feel a bit of a glutton eating a full English breakfast, then later Chicken Tika Masala, then a bit later the Penne Pasta and then some finger sandwiches. All tasted okay to me, but I did have seven hours in the First lounge at T5. Actually I still have an hour to go, maybe one more tasting trip.......

Brian
Sealink and Stez like this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hanmer
I dont know about their contract renewal. But today I did feel a bit of a glutton eating a full English breakfast, then later Chicken Tika Masala, then a bit later the Penne Pasta and then some finger sandwiches. All tasted okay to me, but I did have seven hours in the First lounge at T5. Actually I still have an hour to go, maybe one more tasting trip.......

Brian
by saying chicken masala you mean a tank of oily sauce that hardly have any chicken bits in?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Maybe someone could give a nudge to Do & Co's sales department?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k

Brian
Seven hours? My wife gives me stick if we are there for more than 45 mins... clearly I dont have the right friends! If she was in a shopping mall, 7 hours would likely be bare minimum...
Sealink likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Maybe someone could give a nudge to Do & Co's sales department?
Whilst I am right with you on the general high-quality of DO&CO, they run the 3rd-party lounges at VIE, of which I am a frequent visitor, and over the few years I have been going, the quality of the hot food (albeit is only a limited selection) has deteriorated significantly of late. The evening hot dish used to something like Moroccan-style chicken or chicken in paprika sauce. These days it is generally mushy pasta with a tomato sauce or chunks of carrot and courgette masquerading as teriyaki vegetables.

I suspect a lot of it is what the contract will specify and pay for, so DO&CO under BA's cost-consciousness may not be that much of an improvement.

Shuttle
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC
You'll find that it isn't just the supplier that matters but also the budget. I'm currently working on site with a client who uses the same caterer as my company, but the difference is quality is huge. All about how much can be allocated to it... but we know what that means with BA these days.
seanp7, Kgmm77 and MarkFlies like this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
Seven hours? My wife gives me stick if we are there for more than 45 mins... clearly I dont have the right friends! If she was in a shopping mall, 7 hours would likely be bare minimum...
Next Thusday I have an eleven hour layover at T5, so todays seven hours is nothing!!!!! Lounge crawl may be required to stop the insanity taking over. Or maybe a T5 lounge crawl is insanity?

Bri
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
by saying chicken masala you mean a tank of oily sauce that hardly have any chicken bits in?
Look I found at least two bits of chicken in that whole bowl of Massla. At least I am sure they were chicken.

Bri
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The sauce is the best part of a curry.
Sealink likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent
You'll find that it isn't just the supplier that matters but also the budget. I'm currently working on site with a client who uses the same caterer as my company, but the difference is quality is huge. All about how much can be allocated to it... but we know what that means with BA these days.
This. In a cut throat industry cost, budget, finance, money, spend are probably the top 5 criteria. Can't blame BA for that really, lounges are really an overhead to be cut.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Please get rid of them.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Next Thusday I have an eleven hour layover at T5, so todays seven hours is nothing!!!!! Lounge crawl may be required to stop the insanity taking over. Or maybe a T5 lounge crawl is insanity?

Bri
I would suggest you leave the airport! 1 hour in the GF is fine, 2 hours ok, 3 hours mmmm, more than 4 hours? Get out!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 7:46 am
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:39 am

Bri
11 hours in a lounge is madness. I would be very bored indeed, and anything more than an hour in a lounge is tedious.

I would suggest that you get out of the airport and enjoy London.
Petrus, Stez and bafan like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.