FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 15 December 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1870618-pre-christmas-london-drinks-friday-15-december-2017-a.html)

teledude Dec 1, 2017 11:43 am

Apologies all but due to a change in management wanting a ridiculously high minimum spend the venue is changing.

It's only a ten min walk from the original and we have much more space and a friendly management team to look after us :)

New venue will be downstairs in the private room of the union bar.

I'll update the wiki etc tomorrow and apologies again and sorry if it's an inconvenience to anyone.

Address -

88-90 George St, Marylebone, London W1U 8PA

​​​​​​

Sealink Dec 1, 2017 12:30 pm

I can’t make this now. Sorry.

EDIT: not because of change of venue!!

MrMutton Dec 1, 2017 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 29122682)
Apologies all but due to a change in management wanting a ridiculously high minimum spend the venue is changing.

It's only a ten min walk from the original and we have much more space and a friendly management team to look after us :)

I'll update the wiki etc tomorrow and apologies again and sorry if it's an inconvenience to anyone.

Address -

​​​​​​

Thanks teledude for organising an alternative venue at such short notice! I am looking forward to it :-)

KARFA Dec 1, 2017 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sealink (Post 29122880)
I can’t make this now. Sorry.

EDIT: not because of change of venue!!

Are you barred at the new place? :p

jms_uk Dec 1, 2017 2:15 pm

Also, have to change to 'not attending' - nothing to do with a venue change, just a last minute mileage run, so won't be in the UK on the 15th.

madfish Dec 1, 2017 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 29123274)
Are you barred at the new place? :p

If he is, then I expect them to go bust in the next couple of months.

OldFruity Dec 1, 2017 2:31 pm

Anyone hoteling it locally ? And yes I know its London prices (which are only marginally less than about 3 x those here in Prague).. But for me its either that or a very late train to FNB (Farnborough main station) after flying in.

OF

Geordie405 Dec 1, 2017 3:11 pm

Please put me down as a tentative. I fly in from LAS on the 15th and am on the 2115 Scotrail sleeper service to Montrose (1S25 / 1A25 if anyone is interested) but may try and pop by to say hello!

MarkedMan Dec 1, 2017 6:38 pm

Address -

​​​​​​

Considering the rate of drinking that goes on it must have been truly ridiculous! No worries, much appreciate the effort.

KARFA Dec 2, 2017 8:44 am

Address -

​​​​​​

Thanks for sorting this out teledude. I have updated the wiki with the new venue details.

chris1979 Dec 3, 2017 4:40 am

I shall be there :)

hsmall Dec 3, 2017 7:43 am

My apologies but owing to more than usual incompetence by me I will not be there. I had forgotten that we are going on the last stage of an ex-EU to Rome that weekend. Enjoy, everyone!

KARFA Dec 3, 2017 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 29128368)
I shall be there :)

Of course, it wouldn't be complete without you ;)

Originally Posted by hsmall (Post 29128756)
My apologies but owing to more than usual incompetence by me I will not be there. I had forgotten that we are going on the last stage of an ex-EU to Rome that weekend. Enjoy, everyone!

Sorry you can't make it. Hopefully bump in to you somewhere else soon.

chris1979 Dec 3, 2017 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 29129800)
Of course, it wouldn't be complete without you ;)

haha. once upon a time this was our DO......

florens Dec 4, 2017 2:03 am

Originally Posted by OldFruity (Post 29123321)
Anyone hoteling it locally ? And yes I know its London prices (which are only marginally less than about 3 x those here in Prague).. But for me its either that or a very late train to FNB (Farnborough main station) after flying in.

OF

The Club Quarters St. Paul's has rooms for £116. I usually stay there and can recommend it. The Hilton London Metropole is about the same price.