FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 15 December 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1870618-pre-christmas-london-drinks-friday-15-december-2017-a.html)

KARFA Oct 6, 2017 8:46 am

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 15 December 2017

Hi. After having a chat with a few others recently we were thinking that a December pre-Christmas drinks in London might be a good idea. It will be fairly low key like in previous years and will basically be a venue, date, and time.

As for dates there will be no poll this year and we are going for the evening Friday 15 December. Hopefully this should allow both those local to London to come and those from the regions to come down.

The venue will be the same place as last year, so Mayfair Exchange on Brook Street in Mayfair, central London. It is already booked thanks to teledude. The evening will be from 5pm until close, just turn up when you can.

I realise that many will have various Christmas events so may not be able to come, but hopefully some will be able to and we can have a good night. Sadly after setting a date it appears I won't be able to make it as I need to be away all that week for work.

snuffi Oct 6, 2017 9:03 am

How can you organise a do and be a no-show?!! What patents need a-lawyering in mid December?! Get your work to sort it out!

Having missed the recent Leeds one, this is a lot easier so count me in. My work has a travel freeze so I know I'm not going anywhere!

Fitch Oct 6, 2017 9:06 am

It's been a couple of years since I was on the right continent at the right time for one of these so will definitely try and make it :)

florens Oct 6, 2017 9:19 am

Yes! My OH and me are in, flights and hotel are booked!

OldFruity Oct 6, 2017 9:20 am

Yes please count me in.

OF ^

Jamier45 Oct 6, 2017 9:21 am

Won't be there.

johnaalex Oct 6, 2017 9:30 am

I should be able to make it! ^

aks120 Oct 6, 2017 9:32 am

I should be able to make it!

Aks120

Sealink Oct 6, 2017 9:41 am

Yay I can do that! :)
Used to work across the road from there too.

Physci Oct 6, 2017 9:45 am

Originally Posted by snuffi (Post 28900569)
How can you organise a do and be a no-show?!! What patents need a-lawyering in mid December?! Get your work to sort it out!

I think that sort of behaviour warrants KARFA being immediately expelled from FT. Poor show!

megaloman Oct 6, 2017 9:56 am

I'm in! :cool:

KARFA Oct 6, 2017 10:19 am

Originally Posted by snuffi (Post 28900569)

Having missed the recent Leeds one, this is a lot easier so count me in. My work has a travel freeze so I know I'm not going anywhere!

Originally Posted by Physci (Post 28900728)
I think that sort of behaviour warrants KARFA being immediately expelled from FT. Poor show!

Yes apologies. After setting a date (one that I originally could do) I now have to go to Brazil all that week for work. I had left space in January and February to go but it seems none of those weeks were convenient for them. If I hadn't changed it to December I wouldn't have been able to go until June since I already have quite a but of travel booked from March to May.

tmac100 Oct 6, 2017 10:24 am

Sorry, but my travelling companion and myself leave LHR for YYZ around 5 pm after flying in from DXB and IST.

Sheesh, it wudda been a great time to visit FT contributors. But, our flights were booked in July.

DYKWIA Oct 6, 2017 10:30 am

Sorry, I'll be watching Peter Hook and the Light in Manchester that night, trying to avoid getting my head stoved in by some Salford ruffians.

EuropeanPete Oct 6, 2017 11:16 am

Don't count me in yet, but it's very possible that I'll be in London that evening and would love to drop in. I met a number of you several years ago and haven't been to any events since.