Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 15 December 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: teledude

Venue
Now confirmed! Please note change of venue, we are no longer at Mayfair Exchange this year. teledude spoke with the manager of the venue and it is all booked now:

Union Bar
88-90 George Street
London
W1U 8PA
Map
We will be downstairs in the private room.

Nearest tubes are Bond Street or Baker Street.

There won't be any food provided as part of the Do, but the bar does have a bar snacks and food menu which you can order from if you need some nibbles.

Hotels
Current sales

Attendees - updated to post 155

Confirmed (47):
aks120, atcer28, Calchas, CaroFos, chris1979, EI147, florens, florens+1, flygirl68, Forever in Seattle, GadgetGal, GodAtum, Gomac, Gomac+1, gtr_skyline, howarsan, johnaalex, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, Lucanesque, MarkedMan, megaloman, mrgadgetuk, MrMutton, nh1980, nick.t.davies, OldFruity, OnslowSW7, OverTheHorizon, Physci, robertf999, small_clanger, spotwelder, Starship73, stevieed, SWISSBOBBY, SWISSBOBBY+1, teledude, TheRiverCard, tomparskate, TPRun, Upupintheair, Upupintheair+1, Whiskarina, Wozza2404, YacozA, Ziz

Possibles (11):
angeloedades, bettertoturnleftthanright, Chris_G, Cris L, EuropeanPete, Fontana, haasha, lost_in_translation, ng1265, Yahillwe, Jimmie76.

All confirmed/possibles: please fill in the form to get your name badge printed! (See post for details)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Hi. After having a chat with a few others recently we were thinking that a December pre-Christmas drinks in London might be a good idea. It will be fairly low key like in previous years and will basically be a venue, date, and time.

As for dates there will be no poll this year and we are going for the evening Friday 15 December. Hopefully this should allow both those local to London to come and those from the regions to come down.

The venue will be the same place as last year, so Mayfair Exchange on Brook Street in Mayfair, central London. It is already booked thanks to teledude. The evening will be from 5pm until close, just turn up when you can.

I realise that many will have various Christmas events so may not be able to come, but hopefully some will be able to and we can have a good night. Sadly after setting a date it appears I won't be able to make it as I need to be away all that week for work.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: BA GGL
How can you organise a do and be a no-show?!! What patents need a-lawyering in mid December?! Get your work to sort it out!

Having missed the recent Leeds one, this is a lot easier so count me in. My work has a travel freeze so I know I'm not going anywhere!
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
It's been a couple of years since I was on the right continent at the right time for one of these so will definitely try and make it
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Yes! My OH and me are in, flights and hotel are booked!

Last edited by florens; Oct 6, 2017 at 9:26 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Yes please count me in.

OF ^
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Won't be there.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I should be able to make it! ^
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I should be able to make it!

Aks120
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Yay I can do that!
Used to work across the road from there too.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by snuffi
How can you organise a do and be a no-show?!! What patents need a-lawyering in mid December?! Get your work to sort it out!
I think that sort of behaviour warrants KARFA being immediately expelled from FT. Poor show!
angeloedades likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm in!
florens likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by snuffi

Having missed the recent Leeds one, this is a lot easier so count me in. My work has a travel freeze so I know I'm not going anywhere!
Originally Posted by Physci
I think that sort of behaviour warrants KARFA being immediately expelled from FT. Poor show!
Yes apologies. After setting a date (one that I originally could do) I now have to go to Brazil all that week for work. I had left space in January and February to go but it seems none of those weeks were convenient for them. If I hadn't changed it to December I wouldn't have been able to go until June since I already have quite a but of travel booked from March to May.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Sorry, but my travelling companion and myself leave LHR for YYZ around 5 pm after flying in from DXB and IST.

Sheesh, it wudda been a great time to visit FT contributors. But, our flights were booked in July.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Sorry, I'll be watching Peter Hook and the Light in Manchester that night, trying to avoid getting my head stoved in by some Salford ruffians.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:16 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Don't count me in yet, but it's very possible that I'll be in London that evening and would love to drop in. I met a number of you several years ago and haven't been to any events since.
Sealink and KARFA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.