FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 15 December 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1870618-pre-christmas-london-drinks-friday-15-december-2017-a.html)

lavajava Oct 7, 2017 2:34 pm

Damn, another one I will have to miss. I won't be back from Boston until Sat 16th. I will however ensure I drink as much as all of you - 5-6 hours in F is hardly worth the sleep!

angeloedades Oct 7, 2017 2:37 pm

Put me in as a maybe for now - just need to organise my logistics. I should be heading to LHR that night ready for an ARN weekend so can definitely drop by depending what time I finish work.

Originally Posted by Fitch (Post 28900579)
It's been a couple of years since I was on the right continent at the right time for one of these so will definitely try and make it :)

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28900637)
Yes! My OH and me are in, flights and hotel are booked!

Originally Posted by johnaalex (Post 28900684)
I should be able to make it! ^

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 28900771)
I'm in! :cool:

Would be great to see you Fitch, florens, megaloman and johnaalex again :D ^

florens Oct 7, 2017 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by angeloedades (Post 28905079)
Put me in as a maybe for now - just need to organise my logistics. I should be heading to LHR that night ready for an ARN weekend so can definitely drop by depending what time I finish work.

Would be great to see you Fitch, florens, megaloman and johnaalex again :D ^

Yes, it'd be great!

Mrp Alert Oct 8, 2017 4:29 am

Sadly, I arrive LHR on 16 December. Have a great event.

tomparskate Oct 8, 2017 6:20 am

I should be able to attend.

Has anyone managed to find any reasonable hotel deals yet? Hilton on that night are costing an arm and leg both in cash and in points!

angeloedades Oct 8, 2017 7:24 am

Originally Posted by tomparskate (Post 28906828)

Has anyone managed to find any reasonable hotel deals yet? Hilton on that night are costing an arm and leg both in cash and in points!

Why do you need a hotel when you can be at a club till the morning tomparskate?!

florens Oct 8, 2017 7:47 am

Originally Posted by tomparskate (Post 28906828)

We are staying, as always, at the Club Quarters St. Pauls (they also have properties at Lincoln Inn Fields (near Holborn), Trafalgar Square and Gracechurch.

stevieed Oct 9, 2017 3:31 am

I'll be there :)

rodriguezsmith Oct 10, 2017 1:15 am

Thanks for sharing information. It really helped me as well.

florens Oct 10, 2017 2:41 am

I know that the Do is low key, but may I still suggest to have at least name tags with the FT handle/user name and, probably, the first name on it as well?

I attended the first Do last year and I found it very difficult (maybe it is me, I don't know) to remember not only the first names but also to be able to match the face and the first name to the respective FT handle/user name.

megaloman, I heard you have some leftover name tags from the Tallinn Do, would it be possible to use those?

nufnuf77 Oct 10, 2017 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Jamier45 (Post 28900647)
Won't be there.

We shall miss you :)

megaloman Oct 10, 2017 3:11 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28914384)
I know that the Do is low key, but may I still suggest to have at least name tags with the FT handle/user name and, probably, the first name on it as well?

I attended the first Do last year and I found it very difficult (maybe it is me, I don't know) to remember not only the first names but also to be able to match the face and the first name to the respective FT handle/user name.

megaloman, I heard you have some leftover name tags from the Tallinn Do, would it be possible to use those?

Great idea, still have like 20 sheets of self adhesive labels, so happy to print out name labels ^ ;)

florens Oct 10, 2017 3:12 am

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 28914442)
Great idea, still have like 20 sheets of self adhesive labels, so happy to print out name labels ^ ;)

Awesome.

MarkedMan Oct 10, 2017 9:46 am

Likely there

bettertoturnleftthanright Oct 10, 2017 10:26 am

Originally Posted by MarkedMan (Post 28915726)
Likely there

Excellent! Long time no see! :D