FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 15 December 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1870618-pre-christmas-london-drinks-friday-15-december-2017-a.html)

KARFA Oct 6, 2017 8:46 am

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 15 December 2017

Hi. After having a chat with a few others recently we were thinking that a December pre-Christmas drinks in London might be a good idea. It will be fairly low key like in previous years and will basically be a venue, date, and time.

As for dates there will be no poll this year and we are going for the evening Friday 15 December. Hopefully this should allow both those local to London to come and those from the regions to come down.

The venue will be the same place as last year, so Mayfair Exchange on Brook Street in Mayfair, central London. It is already booked thanks to teledude. The evening will be from 5pm until close, just turn up when you can.

I realise that many will have various Christmas events so may not be able to come, but hopefully some will be able to and we can have a good night. Sadly after setting a date it appears I won't be able to make it as I need to be away all that week for work.

snuffi Oct 6, 2017 9:03 am

How can you organise a do and be a no-show?!! What patents need a-lawyering in mid December?! Get your work to sort it out!

Having missed the recent Leeds one, this is a lot easier so count me in. My work has a travel freeze so I know I'm not going anywhere!

Fitch Oct 6, 2017 9:06 am

It's been a couple of years since I was on the right continent at the right time for one of these so will definitely try and make it :)

florens Oct 6, 2017 9:19 am

Yes! My OH and me are in, flights and hotel are booked!

OldFruity Oct 6, 2017 9:20 am

Yes please count me in.

OF ^

Jamier45 Oct 6, 2017 9:21 am

Won't be there.

johnaalex Oct 6, 2017 9:30 am

I should be able to make it! ^

aks120 Oct 6, 2017 9:32 am

I should be able to make it!

Aks120

Sealink Oct 6, 2017 9:41 am

Yay I can do that! :)
Used to work across the road from there too.

Physci Oct 6, 2017 9:45 am

Originally Posted by snuffi (Post 28900569)
How can you organise a do and be a no-show?!! What patents need a-lawyering in mid December?! Get your work to sort it out!

I think that sort of behaviour warrants KARFA being immediately expelled from FT. Poor show!

megaloman Oct 6, 2017 9:56 am

I'm in! :cool:

KARFA Oct 6, 2017 10:19 am

Originally Posted by snuffi (Post 28900569)

Having missed the recent Leeds one, this is a lot easier so count me in. My work has a travel freeze so I know I'm not going anywhere!

Originally Posted by Physci (Post 28900728)
I think that sort of behaviour warrants KARFA being immediately expelled from FT. Poor show!

Yes apologies. After setting a date (one that I originally could do) I now have to go to Brazil all that week for work. I had left space in January and February to go but it seems none of those weeks were convenient for them. If I hadn't changed it to December I wouldn't have been able to go until June since I already have quite a but of travel booked from March to May.

tmac100 Oct 6, 2017 10:24 am

Sorry, but my travelling companion and myself leave LHR for YYZ around 5 pm after flying in from DXB and IST.

Sheesh, it wudda been a great time to visit FT contributors. But, our flights were booked in July.

DYKWIA Oct 6, 2017 10:30 am

Sorry, I'll be watching Peter Hook and the Light in Manchester that night, trying to avoid getting my head stoved in by some Salford ruffians.

EuropeanPete Oct 6, 2017 11:16 am

Don't count me in yet, but it's very possible that I'll be in London that evening and would love to drop in. I met a number of you several years ago and haven't been to any events since.

madfish Oct 6, 2017 11:21 am

I would very much like to go but somehow think the date will be just a bit too tricky. But will wait and see.
@KARFA your route to Brazil appears a bit unorthodox :confused::p

S_W_S Oct 6, 2017 11:28 am

Sorry I can't make it :(, already got other plans that evening.

Shame as the Leeds do was great - I was hoping to see people again :).

lost_in_translation Oct 6, 2017 11:35 am

I'm a strong maybe, I think.

missdimeaner Oct 6, 2017 11:39 am

I can't go - will be having a pre Christmas and Christmas in the US.
Have fun everybody !

KARFA Oct 6, 2017 11:51 am

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 28901117)
@KARFA your route to Brazil appears a bit unorthodox :confused::p

You mean direct for once? :p

teledude Oct 6, 2017 12:12 pm

Guess I best say yes.... Along with some champagne and shots :D

megaloman Oct 6, 2017 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 28901335)
Guess I best say yes.... Along with some champagne and shots :D

Glad I'm not flying the next day...

florens Oct 6, 2017 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 28901851)

I'm gonna push my return to Sunday then as opposed to Saturday! :D

[I do hope I won't need to book a last minute Ryanair flight though!]

bettertoturnleftthanright Oct 6, 2017 2:32 pm

Going to try and drag my other half in ... but even if he doesn't manage... the date looks promising for me...😇

squawk Oct 6, 2017 2:48 pm

I have an immovable work commitment in the North East that will not finish until 5pm that day - there is BA1337 at 19:45, arriving LHR 21:00.

Might be a bit late to enjoy the bulk of the do, unless the location is T5? ;)

smokie36 Oct 6, 2017 11:59 pm

Off to BKK on the 13th so will miss out again :(

I hope you all have a wonderful evening! ^

arnie. Oct 7, 2017 12:40 pm

Shame I'll be away in Australia and NZ for almost all of December. Would have liked to finally attend one of these. Hope everyone that goes enjoys it!

Calchas Oct 7, 2017 1:16 pm

Wiki updated to post 29

I'm in

GadgetGal Oct 7, 2017 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 28901851)

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28901860)
I'm gonna push my return to Sunday then as opposed to Saturday! :D

[I do hope I won't need to book a last minute Ryanair flight though!]

the trick is to book a very early saturday flight, before hangover and/or weather related cancellations kick in :D

KARFA Oct 7, 2017 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 28904856)
Wiki updated to post 29

Thanks. Saved me a job.

lavajava Oct 7, 2017 2:34 pm

Damn, another one I will have to miss. I won't be back from Boston until Sat 16th. I will however ensure I drink as much as all of you - 5-6 hours in F is hardly worth the sleep!

angeloedades Oct 7, 2017 2:37 pm

Put me in as a maybe for now - just need to organise my logistics. I should be heading to LHR that night ready for an ARN weekend so can definitely drop by depending what time I finish work.

Originally Posted by Fitch (Post 28900579)
It's been a couple of years since I was on the right continent at the right time for one of these so will definitely try and make it :)

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28900637)
Yes! My OH and me are in, flights and hotel are booked!

Originally Posted by johnaalex (Post 28900684)
I should be able to make it! ^

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 28900771)
I'm in! :cool:

Would be great to see you Fitch, florens, megaloman and johnaalex again :D ^

florens Oct 7, 2017 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by angeloedades (Post 28905079)
Put me in as a maybe for now - just need to organise my logistics. I should be heading to LHR that night ready for an ARN weekend so can definitely drop by depending what time I finish work.

Would be great to see you Fitch, florens, megaloman and johnaalex again :D ^

Yes, it'd be great!

Mrp Alert Oct 8, 2017 4:29 am

Sadly, I arrive LHR on 16 December. Have a great event.

tomparskate Oct 8, 2017 6:20 am

I should be able to attend.

Has anyone managed to find any reasonable hotel deals yet? Hilton on that night are costing an arm and leg both in cash and in points!

angeloedades Oct 8, 2017 7:24 am

Originally Posted by tomparskate (Post 28906828)

Has anyone managed to find any reasonable hotel deals yet? Hilton on that night are costing an arm and leg both in cash and in points!

Why do you need a hotel when you can be at a club till the morning tomparskate?!

florens Oct 8, 2017 7:47 am

Originally Posted by tomparskate (Post 28906828)

We are staying, as always, at the Club Quarters St. Pauls (they also have properties at Lincoln Inn Fields (near Holborn), Trafalgar Square and Gracechurch.

stevieed Oct 9, 2017 3:31 am

I'll be there :)

rodriguezsmith Oct 10, 2017 1:15 am

Thanks for sharing information. It really helped me as well.

florens Oct 10, 2017 2:41 am

I know that the Do is low key, but may I still suggest to have at least name tags with the FT handle/user name and, probably, the first name on it as well?

I attended the first Do last year and I found it very difficult (maybe it is me, I don't know) to remember not only the first names but also to be able to match the face and the first name to the respective FT handle/user name.

megaloman, I heard you have some leftover name tags from the Tallinn Do, would it be possible to use those?