Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Raffles wins three awards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Head for Points certainly is the best and most informative of all the travel blogs. Unlike most I could never see HfP giving bad advice to earn commission. It's a trusted source of information.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I thought this was all about the hotel.

I'm not really into collecting miles and points nowadays but still occasionally pop into HFP. The thing I like best about the site is the layout. Unlike certain others it gets straight to the point without the waffle.

BTW not sure if it's on HFP but I came across this promotion the other day for anyone who wants 500 IB Avios. IHG have a promotion going on at the moment for new sign ups. Not read the t&c's so can't confirm if it'll work for everyone.
Thanks HIDDY. And thanks for the IHG deal, it hasn't been on HFP but will now be very soon :-)
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:59 am

Well deserved, Congratulations to you both. HfP has helped me no end.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Raffles
Thank you. I actually thought we'd win no more than 1 out of the 4 we were nominated for, so this was a great result.

It was a little odd as a lot of people in the room did not know who we were (the people sat either side of me had no idea!) and then suddenly Anika won the first award to be announced (Best Newcomer to Business Travel Journalism) and then we jointly won the 3rd one (Best Digital Strategy) and people were wondering who these interlopers were who were picking up everything!

There are a few pics on Instagram (headforpoints) and a more formal one on HFP here http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/10...ut-last-night/ albeit it makes me look a bit like Philip Hammond :-). Anika is wearing very high heels and is not actually 6'2' in real life .....
You conquered the awards nicely, even as you are not Napoleon-size.

Didn't you win the prize for spouse of the year, or was that a joint award? HIDDY is the masters of ceremony for awarding the expat spouse and spouse-of-expat awards.

Seriously, you're a very trusted source in the miles and points world -- on FT and in the blogosphere -- and deserve the reputation of having done this game right. It's great that you won all these awards.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 8, 2017 at 8:32 am
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Didn't you win the prize for spouse of the year, or was that a joint award? HIDDY is the masters of ceremony for awarding the expat spouse and spouse-of-expat awards.
My wife is a shipping banker .... albeit she doesn't use her married name so there is a decent chance many FTers will have met her without knowing it. She's never won any awards for it though :-)
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Thumbs up

Congratulations. Great website!! ^
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by HIDDY
The thing I like best about the site is the layout. Unlike certain others it gets straight to the point without the waffle.
Originally Posted by layz
Head for Points certainly is the best and most informative of all the travel blogs. Unlike most I could never see HfP giving bad advice to earn commission. It's a trusted source of information.
In addition to all the kudos headed for Raffles and Anika, there's one as yet unmentioned aspect worth noting. It's in grammatically correct English.
  • No 'it's' instead of 'its'.
  • No 'loose' instead of 'lose'.
  • No 'should of'/'would of' instead of 'should have'/'would have'.
for example.

The same cannot be said for some of the commenters (one of whom uses my FT name but is not me).
nwmgc likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Fantastic - very well deserved!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:16 am
Suspended

Congrats!
Good Luck for your future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.