Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Raffles wins three awards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Raffles
Thank you. I actually thought we'd win no more than 1 out of the 4 we were nominated for, so this was a great result.

It was a little odd as a lot of people in the room did not know who we were (the people sat either side of me had no idea!) and then suddenly Anika won the first award to be announced (Best Newcomer to Business Travel Journalism) and then we jointly won the 3rd one (Best Digital Strategy) and people were wondering who these interlopers were who were picking up everything!

There are a few pics on Instagram (headforpoints) and a more formal one on HFP here http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/10...ut-last-night/ albeit it makes me look a bit like Philip Hammond :-). Anika is wearing very high heels and is not actually 6'2' in real life .....
Did you have to make an acceptance speech....with tears in your eyes, and wondering who to thank etc !
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
And it definitely beats reading the Daily Mail over breakfast !. I am full of admiration for you both.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Congratulations. Certainly saved me a few quid, and pointed me at some deals I didn't know existed.

Eg., I didn't know I could get an AMEX Gold free for a year, despite already having the AMEX Platinum. Got me 20k points, and a good referral for HFP.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
My son and I had the pleasure of meeting Rob, last Sunday, in Box 75 at the Emirates Stadium, both of us having used our Emirates miles to obtain VIP treatment at the Brighton game.

He told me he ran a business travel website and I guessed it was HFP and I thanked him for much useful information, which I have also benefitted from on FT.

Incidentally, I wasn't quick enough to ring Amex, who emailed me offering VIP seats in the AMEX lounge for Brighton v Everton. I hope some of you had more success!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
I am grateful for the guides on configuring ITA matrix that I have read on the HFP blog, has been very useful for me recently
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:28 am

Great guy - helps many people and works really hard. Deserves all the recognition.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:04 pm

Well don Rob and Anika.Onwards and upwards^
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Congratulations both - HFP is a very good site.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Congratulations both. And well deserved. You have a great site - it has helped me out a few times. And I appreciate the way you engage with users of your site and respond to comments. Keep up the good work!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Bravo Zulu
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus
I need to add my congratulations also.

I learnt many of the FF tips and tricks from HFP and have done really well with redemptions because of the information provided by Rob and now Anika.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Congratulations - well deserved. Thanks for all your great advice which enables me to travel in a lot more comfort these days.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:37 am

Congratulations to Raffles and the Head for Points team !
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Many congratulations both. It's a wonderful site.

But isn't it actually Philip May that you look like? Though you are certainly better looking than him and, I expect, quite a bit happier than him too at the moment!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I thought this was all about the hotel.

I'm not really into collecting miles and points nowadays but still occasionally pop into HFP. The thing I like best about the site is the layout. Unlike certain others it gets straight to the point without the waffle.

BTW not sure if it's on HFP but I came across this promotion the other day for anyone who wants 500 IB Avios. IHG have a promotion going on at the moment for new sign ups. Not read the t&c's so can't confirm if it'll work for everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.