Raffles wins three awards

Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Raffles wins three awards

The BA board's own Raffles wins three awards at the Business Travel Journalism Awards last night, including Editor of the Year! Well done!

Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
And Well Done to Anika too!

M
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Congratulations - I've certainly benefitted from Raffles' (and Anika's) input here and on Head for Points
offtothehills likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Apologies to Anika - she was also a winner in her own right and I should have mentioned her!
FlyingGames and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes, very well done to both - I am many thousands of Avios better off as a result of HfP
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And congratulations from me as well, I'm sure the HfP team is very happy today.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Great site - full of useful information for beginners through to experts, and delivered without all the usual hyperbole of many of the other blogs.
Schwann, CaroFos, mikeyfly and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Congratulations - I've certainly benefitted from Raffles' (and Anika's) input here and on Head for Points
^ +1
CaroFos likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
They deserve respect and praise because it is not easy to get such things right these days. The blog combines just the right element of understatement, helpful information and personal opinion. The comments section helps you find a balance of information and help from other readers, without it ever billowing out of control to the point where there's not enough time to read it all.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Congratulations indeed are in order.

Raffles has been a great source on FT and in the miles/points blogosphere. His blog is a favorite of mine.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Great news...well done guys! Along with this forum the blog is my go to resource for anything FF related
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Thank you. I actually thought we'd win no more than 1 out of the 4 we were nominated for, so this was a great result.

It was a little odd as a lot of people in the room did not know who we were (the people sat either side of me had no idea!) and then suddenly Anika won the first award to be announced (Best Newcomer to Business Travel Journalism) and then we jointly won the 3rd one (Best Digital Strategy) and people were wondering who these interlopers were who were picking up everything!

There are a few pics on Instagram (headforpoints) and a more formal one on HFP here http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/10...ut-last-night/ albeit it makes me look a bit like Philip Hammond :-). Anika is wearing very high heels and is not actually 6'2' in real life .....

Last edited by Raffles; Oct 6, 2017 at 3:45 am
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Congrats!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Very well deserved and congratulations.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Raffles
Thank you. I actually thought we'd win no more than 1 out of the 4 we were nominated for, so this was a great result.

It was a little odd as a lot of people in the room did not know who we were (the people sat either side of me had no idea!) and then suddenly Anika won the first award to be announced (Best Newcomer to Business Travel Journalism) and then we jointly won the 3rd one (Best Digital Strategy) and people were wondering who these interlopers were who were picking up everything!

There are a few pics on Instagram (headforpoints) and a more formal one on HFP here http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/10...ut-last-night/ albeit it makes me look a bit like Philip Hammond :-). Anika is wearing very high heels and is not actually 6'2' in real life .....
Could be worse, you could have looked like Richard Hammond and had Jeremy Clarkson hanging around.
cosmo74 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.