Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Great news.
Today we announce that from 2020 all on-board catering at LHR will be provided by DO&CO and by Newrest at LGW.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
GREAT news surely deserves its own thread !
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Great news.
Today we announce that from 2020 all on-board catering at LHR will be provided by DO&CO and by Newrest at LGW.
So another 1.5 years at least?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:58 am

Question for can i help you or any crew. on my flight yesterday i was looking forward to the new dinning as i seem to keep missing it, crew came through before take off to ask for orders i then enquired to are we not having the trolly and i was told no as it was lightly loaded. Is this normal?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes that can happen, baring in mind there are two aisles so two trolleys are set up and plus some customers choosing not to eat we can have situations where it’s just not possible.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Yes that can happen, baring in mind there are two aisles so two trolleys are set up and plus some customers choosing not to eat we can have situations where it’s just not possible.
ok thank you, would you be able to look at the load for the flight from muscat to lhr on 17 sept and see if I'm in any luck for the trolly service .
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MCT LHR is not scheduled as a trolley service.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:05 pm

oh no, one day i might get to sample lol . thank you for your help.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Just flown back from JNB on BA56, the service was a lt better than the outbound flight, with the crew being more pro-active with drinks, and the option to take soup and salad.

The downside, was the cheese course, 3-cheeses on the plate, initially no biscuits, then about 15-minutes later 2-biscuits per person was brought out, on requesting more, we were told we had to wait and see, as there may not be enough biscuits to go around
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Qantas, BA gold, SPG gold
"there may not be enough biscuits to go around"

Please don't be annoyed about this happening in Club World catering. It has also been said to me in F ;-)
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:03 pm

Are they ever going to phase out those awful club world seats though? I've been on a few different planes in the last 10 years and BA's seem so outdated.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
Originally Posted by williamn78

i can't imagine it will stay - both times I have taken it the plane has been pretty empty.

How did you find the food? Both times I have taken this flight it has been shockingly bad, and with a very limited menu.
The flights back from Toronto to London were (in May) - very empty 20% or less, and Aug 2/3rds busy. (these were in PE and so I was never going to get an upgrade to club. From London - Economy and PE both full - and I got involuntary upgrades to club. (club was also full)

The PE food was vile - salty overcooked chicken stirfry, a salad with leaves and one slice of Tomato, and a turgid sickly synthetic desert.

Food in club was ok - nothing special but all choices available.

Well the flight is showing for sale on next year - didn't check every day but def Fri and Sunday.

The only upside to Gatwick is the Lounge which is way better than T5, cleaner, better food (same menu) and help yourself champagne.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
BA 275 to LAS- 1st Sep

Hi,

I flew CW to LAS on the BA 275 on 1st Sept.
We were busseed to the gate at T3 and then the sweat really started dripping down as the captain said that the APU providing the a/c was out of order and even though there was a mobile a/c cart attached to the a/c it was not working on the upper deck ( felt like the aircraft was parked all day in the sun with all the window blinds open) so we had to wait until the engines were started at push back for the aircraft to cool down . The crew did come round with cool towels( and on arrival at LAS we had to wait to get the jetty attached for ground power in order to be able to turn the engines off without all the lights going out.

Anyway about the CW product

Bedding-Great improvement
Glassware-another great improvement

2nd Meal- good improvement

New menu and amenity kit- good improvement
Main course: The soup was a good improvement and was warm enough but was not offered another starter. The bread rolls ( 1 with the soup and a separate bread) were the same and were a bit too much.

The main course ( beef) was very good.

Was only offered a choice of cheese or dessert ( the desert portion whilst very good was tiny)

Coffee cups were good.

The Club Kitchen on the mian deck seemed to be low on stocks ( about 5-6 hours in) but was able to get an ice cream ( softening at that point) and a selection of fruit slices which was very good.

Overall a good improvement ( aircraft seemed quite clean) but still lousy IFE ( as expected)

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Hang on - so is there ice cream back in the club kitchen?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Hang on - so is there ice cream back in the club kitchen?
Hi,

It was on the LAS flight but not sure if it is on overnight flights or shorter east coast flights

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.