Search

Baggage Query in LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Baggage Query in LHR

Hi,

If I make an Avios booking from MUC to NCL arriving into LHR at 20.20 but flight to NCL not until 09.45 the next morning, will my baggage be automatically put on the NCL flight or do I need to take it with me (I am staying in London).

I'm a GCH if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Helen
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You should be offered the choice on that route assuming it is one ticket, with the agent expecting you to say you want it checked to NCL. Bags can transfer at LHR (and most non USA airports) for up to 24 hours on the schedule.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Helinlouise
Hi,

If I make an Avios booking from MUC to NCL arriving into LHR at 20.20 but flight to NCL not until 09.45 the next morning, will my baggage be automatically put on the NCL flight or do I need to take it with me (I am staying in London).

I'm a GCH if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Helen
I am assuming you will be doing this as one ticket.

Up to you when you check in at MUC. There is an underground baggage store at T5 which is for bags during overnight connections. If you don't want to see your BA until NCL your bag can be checked through. Alternatively if you want your bag in London it can just be checked to LHR. Just tell the check in agent what you want.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for the replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.