Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy on Board Review: A call for comments

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Free soft drinks for all (including full can for Coke etc, like on American). Free booze for elites. Don't care about the food.
Wembleygal likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Bottom line would be to revert to pre-BoB operations; failing that at the very least free soft drinks (tea/coffee, water, etc). As for food, clearly depends upon flight times, but those iced buns sure were tasty!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
As many above have said, a reversion to no BOB. Otherwise, a free drink/snack for BA Gold/OWE and Silver/OWS. It really is mad to be asking why BA can't match what AA already do. A small gesture like that will go a long way to rectifying service dissatisfaction (at least in my opinion).
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
* A return to complimentary tea, coffee, water, soft drinks for all.
* Ditch the "sippy cup" coffee.
* Fix the supply chain problems, if that involves sacking Tourvest so be it.
* Ability to give out ambient items (crisps, nuts, snacks, etc.) as service recovery.
* Elites can receive complimentary food up to an Avios eqiuvalent cap per flight - process this as though it's an Avios transaction - e.g. require BAEC card or App "payment" - and no-one around would ever know the food was issued free to the elite.
* Pre-order of premium hot meals for the longer Euro sectors.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:29 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
  • Complimentary soft drink for all (bottled water, orange juice, coffee, tea)
  • Take ownership
    • Fix the stocking and supply issues, likely by firing Tourvest
    • Do not blame M&S for problems
    • Give wiggling room to the CC to use BOB items for service recovery
    • Ensure that in case of IRROP or tarmac delays, people are watered and fed
  • Pre-ordering of hot meals
  • Allow cash payment
  • Use multi-cultural common sense: whoever thought it will be a good idea to have only pork hot food items to the ALG, RAK, IST routes is an idiot
the810 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:44 am

If they don't go down the route of free complimentary soft drinks how about the option either to print a voucher for BoB or collecting avios in MMB.

Pushes more travelllers to register for BAEC giving BA more people to email offers too and data to collect.

Obviously the amount of avios collected would dictate what the voucher could be redeemed for. Eg Domestic Hand Luggage gets a non alcoholic meal upto a Band 4 full flex Y getting a decent meal with alcohol.

If they allowed selection upto 72 hours pre departure there should be no excuse for having no stock.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Start with the basics and try and deliver what you have promised and so far failed
1) More choice to customers - given the stock issues, the more choice promise is just ridiculous
2) Did anyone notice the seasonal menu changes?
the810 and florens like this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
As others have said, plenty on all of that in the existing threads. To me, priority would be:

- Free tea, coffee, still and sparkling waters (and maybe juice) to all.

- Additional allowance for high status customers (say a drink for silver, drink+food item for gold) to be operated either by on-app voucher that could be directly scanned or as cws suggests use-it-or-lose-it avois deposit, whichever is easiest to implement.

- I'd also recommend moving this to in house instead of via Tourvest if only to be able to use this as sensible service recovery tool (people with no meal in C, or free offerings on long delays).
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:41 am

First of all, positives:

- Food is actually good quality - generally better than BoB on other airlines
- I actually like that it's cash free - I feel like on balance card payment (esp. via contactless) is quicker than customers/staff fumbling for change

Now for constructive:

- Pre-ordering (and more extensive menu on pre-orders, if possible)
- Stock: Levels in general remain an issue (though seem to have got slightly better after the summer menu was launched)
- Service recovery: CC need to be able to give items as service recovery, and to provide items to people in CE who haven't been catered for
- Free stuff: I'm not going to insist that golds on a £30 BOB fare deserve free booze, but free tea / coffee / water for all should be lowish cost and should be easy to do
- Toilets: I think they need to normalise the use of the CE toilet for the ET cabin. The A319s only have one ET loo, and most people can't get to it until the end of the flight because the trolley blocks the aisle. Result? Queue of 3-4 people as the pilot makes their "pre-landing" announcement.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Thanks everyone for your comments, it's much appreciated. I know this is well trodden ground, but it's useful to take the current mood given the supposed improvements (a slight increase to BoB loadings, updated menu) that BA had told MF they'd made.

My MF mate has enough to work with for now, and they send their heartfelt thanks for your candour! The meeting isn't for another week or two yet, but they'll endeavour to come back and provide an update with how it went.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:43 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Moving away from Tourvest is unlikely to happen in the short term, in my opinion. BA likely has what it wants from this arrangement already in a guaranteed revenue stream and not having to shoulder the burden of stock management and wastage. It'll take a major hit to bookings that can be directly attributed to the BoB offering before such a move would be considered and there's no sign of that happening.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:33 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by dakaix
My MF mate has enough to work with for now, and they send their heartfelt thanks for your candour! The meeting isn't for another week or two yet, but they'll endeavour to come back and provide an update with how it went.
As the OP has enough feedback for now, we'll lock the thread at this stage to prevent too much repetition.

dakaix, perhaps you'd be good enough to drop the mod team a note when you have something to report on the meeting, and we'll re-open the thread for further discussion at that point.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.