FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on Board Review: A call for comments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1863933-buy-board-review-call-comments.html)

dakaix Aug 29, 2017 8:38 am

Buy on Board Review: A call for comments

I have a friend in MF who's managed to swing a meeting with BA Management (specifically the head of BoB), and they're planning to discuss the issues/concerns that are being seen in the field. They wondered if the FT hivemind might like to contribute some of their comments.

I've already shared the BoB comments thread, however in an effort to produce something more condensed and current, I figured a separate thread might be in order. (Mod's, please merge if appropriate)

So BAFT, if you had the opportunity to pass along some constructive criticism to the head of BoB, what would you say?

ahmetdouas Aug 29, 2017 8:42 am

No bob in the first place. If that is too much to ask from ba, then

1. Ability to preorder hot meals on board
2. Hot meals on board available
3. Not running out of stock
4. Prepay when paying for your flight so don’t have to waste time paying
5. More selection

all this is done by many other airlines, so why can’t ba ?

KARFA Aug 29, 2017 8:43 am

Originally Posted by dakaix (Post 28750308)
I have a friend in MF who's managed to swing a meeting with BA Management (specifically the head of BoB), and they're planning to discuss the issues/concerns that are being seen in the field. They wondered if the FT hivemind might like to contribute some of their comments.

I've already shared the BoB comments thread, however in an effort to produce something more condensed and current, I figured a separate thread might be in order. (Mod's, please merge if appropriate)

So BAFT, if you had the opportunity to pass along some constructive criticism to the head of BoB, what would you say?

I think there is already quite a lot of comment in the existing threads on the subject which you could use?

redpalmetto Aug 29, 2017 8:44 am

No BOB if possible, but failing that, free tea, coffee and water at least to silver/golds.

sammyg901 Aug 29, 2017 8:47 am

I think Air Asia has a pretty good model - a wide selection of extremely well priced pre order options that are handed out first, followed by the trolley. In countless flights I've never had an issue getting fed even if I didn't pre order. Admittedly its not M&S quality or many fresh options, but at least it's simple, quick and reliable

HHarry Aug 29, 2017 8:47 am

Originally Posted by redpalmetto (Post 28750334)
No BOB if possible, but failing that, free tea, coffee and water at least to silver/golds.

Free tea, coffee and water for everyone. Getting a basic drink shouldn't have anything to do with status.

T8191 Aug 29, 2017 8:49 am

Not that I have, or would ever, use it ... but from my reading of comments here:

1. Competent provision of sufficient stock-holding on board - BOTH ways.

2. Efficient and effective payment methods.

smokie36 Aug 29, 2017 8:52 am

Get the M&S hot sandwiches with chicken, pulled pork or beef and onions on the plane.

Much better shelf life so less unhappy customers or wasteage particularly on the longer return flights.

criso Aug 29, 2017 8:54 am

Originally Posted by HHarry (Post 28750356)
Free tea, coffee and water for ever
one. Getting a basic drink shouldn't have anything to do with status.

I've been flying with Finnair recently and you get free water, tea, coffee and blueberry juice. They are happy to offer top ups and when someone asked for an orange juice, they gave them some of the blueberry juice to try in case they'd rather get the free option.

I buy something to take on board as I can't rely on there being anything in stock and then just order a hot drink from BOB if I want one.

Crofton138 Aug 29, 2017 8:56 am

Drinks should be complimentary, certainly a choice of soft drinks or even just bottled water. The far reaches of Europe in ET mean almost four hours without liquid unless you buy something or bring something on board.

I've never bought anything from the M&S menu on board and never will but there seems to be frequent issues with payments not working properly, several items on the menu not available or not enough time to get through the cabin on a shorter flight.

The whole experience flying ET is now pretty much just budget airline territory - there are few on board advantages of flying BA over the likes of Ryanair.

windowontheAside Aug 29, 2017 8:57 am

Free non-alcoholic drinks to all, better stock management and payment efficiency.

deboyzoned Aug 29, 2017 8:57 am

If BOB is to stay,

1) Free hot beverages and water for ALL
2) Complimentary Alcoholic Beverages and food for loyal status holders
>>> Limit / No Limit depending on whether GGL, Gold, Silver, Bronze

johnaalex Aug 29, 2017 9:01 am

Ability to pay with cash especially for minors who are unlikely to have debit or credit cards.

RGS5526 Aug 29, 2017 9:04 am

Free tea, coffee and water for everyone.
And if free hot drinks, then why not also arange/apple juice and possibly other soft drinks.
Relax the M&S branding so that replacement stock can be picked up at outstations, reducing the chances of food running out on the return.

Add a couple of pounds to fares so that basic food can be included, but perhaps provide some further options, including hot dishes, through BoB as a face-saver.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 29, 2017 9:04 am

1) If the suppliers are having stock problems, get the menu down to a situation where 90% of the stock is available to 98% of passengers. I can see that easyJet carry a larger long-life range (such as Pringles) and probably no more ambient items than BA. They use a bag system rather than trolleys+trays, which is interesting.

2) Consider firing Tourvest and managing internally as the LCC do. I suspect BA think other organisations are better at this sort of logistics than BA, which is a questionable assumption in my view.

3) Add a 300 Avios use-it-or-lose-it allowance for status members to have at least a drink.

4) Create an iPad linkage and SOP so that occasionally items from BoB can be used on customer at the SCCM discretion, even if it has to be tightly defined.

5) Give all passenger a water cuplet, as used in World Traveller, so that all passengers get a bit of customer service from crew in mid flight.

6) Allow ordering of WT premium meals on Europe services. The logistics are already in place (apart from LCY-STN). This could also be used to allow payment in advance for items (e.g. for children travelling without cards).