Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best lounge at Kuala Lumpur

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You have four hours, so the good option is to go to the main MH lounge in the satelite. it is a very short train ride and train is not far from the lounge.
This is the only lounge with a F class lounge (available for OWE) and it is reasonably nice. Great views, very spacious, not crowded, OK dining options served from a menu at meal time. Poor wines/liquor. Spotless showers. The great attraction for me is a large smoking room with great views, where I smoke my cigar.
But this is Malaysia and they might close it for renovation some day.

During the closing of the regional lounge, you can access the CIP lounge but that is only at peak morning/evening hours and not great.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by florens
Doesn't Bangkok Air offer lounge access to all their customers?

http://www.bangkokair.com/pages/view/asia-boutique-airline
Yes, I believe that's still the case.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond

http://www.bangkokair.com/pages/view...utique-airline
I'll take back what I said in that case, plus they have launched business class since I last flew them about 18 months ago.

(I have been turned away from the lounge twice though — on what basis I have no idea given that the first time was on a BA codeshare, the second time on fully flex Y).
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:09 pm

In love the fact they have a lactation room in the lounge
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Thanks everyone.

Anyone know when the refurbishment of the main lounge is due to be completed. We are travelling over Xmas / New Year so there may be another decent option by then.

Someone upthread said we would not have lounge access at Phuket. Is that because Thai airways does not allow access on domestic flights or is there some other reason?
probably in sept. Was meant to be aug but delayed.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

http://www.bangkokair.com/pages/view/asia-boutique-airline
PG have business class lounges, which are decent, and only for their frequent flyers and premium economy or business (dom/intl routes) customers. They also have another lounge in their main airports (bkk, usm, hkt, etc) which are indeed for all customers but are very basic: think water from a (drinkable) tap, tea, coffee, fruit drink (can't call it juice), biscuits, and code for wifi.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

http://www.bangkokair.com/pages/view...utique-airline
They do ... but be prepared not to be at all thrilled if it's the all-comers lounge
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
PG have business class lounges, which are decent, and only for their frequent flyers and premium economy or business (dom/intl routes) customers. They also have another lounge in their main airports (bkk, usm, hkt, etc) which are indeed for all customers but are very basic: think water from a (drinkable) tap, tea, coffee, fruit drink (can't call it juice), biscuits, and code for wifi.
Don't forget the popcorn!
I thought the lounges were fairly good, given what they were. Better than the terminals.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks everyone. I must admit that I had overlooked that we were travelling Bangkok Airways. I had somehow thought it was Thai Airways (despite it being there in black and white on my itinerary) and had wrongly assumed it was part of OW.

Presumably we get no extra baggage allowance??
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Planning not to gave to spend too long at Phuket airport.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I believe the MH First and Business International lounges in the Satellite terminal are now closed for refurb!?

Which lounge do BA now use during the closure?

Thanks
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:16 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
I believe the MH First and Business International lounges in the Satellite terminal are now closed for refurb!?
I'm flying KUL-LHR on BA in Jan, I guess I wonder now which is the best lounge to use ?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
I'm flying KUL-LHR on BA in Jan, I guess I wonder now which is the best lounge to use ?
I'm flying this route in a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Grande Annee

Which lounge do BA now use during the closure?
The regional MH Golden Lounge in the main building, which is on the left as you proceed towards the transit to the satellite. Or the nothing-special Cathay Lounge until 23:00 hrs, which in on the Satellite, just into the Mezzanine East zone (the transit arrives on the ground level of West).

Qatar travellers may use the Plaza Premium First lounge, also in the Mezzanine East Zone floor in the Satellite but on the opposite side to Cathay. This is not the same as the Plaza Premium main lounge. And actually it's doubtful if this is an improvement on the MH (MAS) lounge but it is near to the boarding gates.

Security is at the gates in KUL, so allow a few minutes for this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:31 am

I guess it will be the regional MH Golden Lounge in the main building then that could be the best option for the BA flight departing at 2355

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.