Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit - exclusions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
And an (admittedly very quick) response from GGL email parroting the same:

Again - this is the GGL team. These people are supposed to know their onions.

How can I escalate this to someone who can help?

"Dear opalfruit,

Thank you for your recent regarding claiming Tier Points for your disrupted American Airlines flight.

Unfortunately American Airlines will not credit the Avios and Tier Points for flights which you were rerouted from whether due to missed connections, technical issues or any other reasons.

I am sorry that this is not the answer you were hoping for and must be particularly frustrating as I have checked and although Alaskan Airlines award Avios they do not award any Tier Points.

Kind regards"
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
This is becoming a farce:

"Dear opalfruit,

I have checked the recent transactions on your account and can see the Avios and Tier Points for the sector Las Vegas to Los Angeles AA1440/09JUL has already posted. I have sent a claim to the Administration team to credit the alternative flight which American Airlines rerouted you onto AS491/09JUL, as after checking your account I have noted that this has not yet posted.

I understand you wish to have the original flight you were booked onto AA775/09JUL credited instead of the Alaskan Airlines flight, however it is American Airlines policy not to do this, they will only award Avios and Tier points for the flights customers fly on , whether this is because of a cancelled flight or missed interline connection ( ie not a fault of the customer) or any other reason. Thus why the sector this has not posted. "

I think the agent is trying to say they will credit the Avios only for AS491 (because flying AA on AS doesn't give TPs yadda yadda), and not the missing TPs & Avios for the originally booked flight. Either way, this is tosh, right?

Last edited by opalfruit; Aug 8, 2017 at 12:53 pm
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Is this a 001 ticket?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Is this a 001 ticket?
Yes.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Then there is the problem. There are lots of examples of this, it is AA who are responsible for awarding the TPs and Avios. Had this been a 125 ticket I'd expect BA to award ORC but AA, no.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Then there is the problem. There are lots of examples of this, it is AA who are responsible for awarding the TPs and Avios. Had this been a 125 ticket I'd expect BA to award ORC but AA, no.
I, personally, have had ORC applied on many IRROPd AA ticketed and operated itineraries with zero issue in the past. So, has it seems, have many others: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-s-guide.html

Maybe we've all just been lucky and have got the one person at BAEC that knows how to do it those times?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
You may be right and that may indeed be the policy but I have claimed ORC on 001 tickets successfully in the past. Perhaps I was just lucky?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
AA has given ORC to me before. For example I had a flight IND-DFW-PHX-OAK. DFW-PHX was delayed due to technical issues that AA routed me DFW-SJC. I requested afterwards ORC via BA and it was granted. These flights were all in F (60TP versus 120TP).

I also got ORC when I had a delayed flight on AA into PHX, causing missing flight to OAK and then only Y was available in a reasonable time when the ticket was F. Again AA granted ORC TPs after requesting them through BA.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Gshumway
AA has given ORC to me before. For example I had a flight IND-DFW-PHX-OAK. DFW-PHX was delayed due to technical issues that AA routed me DFW-SJC. I requested afterwards ORC via BA and it was granted. These flights were all in F (60TP versus 120TP).

I also got ORC when I had a delayed flight on AA into PHX, causing missing flight to OAK and then only Y was available in a reasonable time when the ticket was F. Again AA granted ORC TPs after requesting them through BA.
Did you end up flying DFW-SJC on AA? If so that's an easier case. The OP's case is where the reroute is on an airline that does not award TPs. In my most recent case (which is about 3 years ago) I was rerouted by AA onto another airline that did not award TPs. The ticket was an AA one and I still claimed ORC successfully.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
Did you end up flying DFW-SJC on AA? If so that's an easier case. The OP's case is where the reroute is on an airline that does not award TPs. In my most recent case (which is about 3 years ago) I was rerouted by AA onto another airline that did not award TPs. The ticket was an AA one and I still claimed ORC successfully.
I had both cases, reroute on other carriers or other AA/US flights.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
The OP's case is where the reroute is on an airline that does not award TPs.
Why should it matter? How does it disadvantage the awarding airline? In many cases it could be that all other possible re-route options (which didn't require an extra day) would be on non-OW carriers (indeed, this experience would be one of them), why would anyone in that situation be left out?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Why should it matter? How does it disadvantage the awarding airline? In many cases it could be that all other possible re-route options (which didn't require an extra day) would be on non-OW carriers (indeed, this experience would be one of them), why would anyone in that situation be left out?
What was the specific reason for not accepting the request though? Having done ORCs myself I haven't had any experience of being knocked back so I am unclear why they are refusing.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
What was the specific reason for not accepting the request though? Having done ORCs myself I haven't had any experience of being knocked back so I am unclear why they are refusing.
You're reading it in the threads in the responses from the GGL folks that I'm pasting in.

"Unfortunately American Airlines will not credit the Avios and Tier Points for flights which you were rerouted from whether due to missed connections, technical issues or any other reasons."

Make of that what you will.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:35 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by opalfruit
You're reading it in the threads in the responses from the GGL folks that I'm pasting in.

"Unfortunately American Airlines will not credit the Avios and Tier Points for flights which you were rerouted from whether due to missed connections, technical issues or any other reasons."

Make of that what you will.
But that isn't true that AA do not process ORC claims.

What happened on the day for you? All on one ticket btw?

I assume you took LAS-LAX as planned (and that has already credited anyway?).

When you got to LAX did the LAX-SEA flight get cancelled and then you were rebooked by AA on to the AS flight?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.

I used to get that all the time on AA tickets but crediting to my ba account. I gave up. Every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.