FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Original Routing Credit - exclusions? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1859607-original-routing-credit-exclusions.html)

opalfruit Aug 8, 2017 8:33 am

Original Routing Credit - exclusions?

I'm being told by a BA GGL rep that I can't claim ORC on the following itinerary:

Original: LAS-LAX-SEA, all on AA.
Flown: LAS-LAX-SEA, last leg on AS due to AA tech failure causing 5hr delay.

Agent is being quite forceful, talking over me and giving me the 'This has always been the way' patter. Is he in the right?

opalfruit Aug 8, 2017 8:40 am

The agent refused to put me through to a supervisor to confirm.

All this for 40 measly tier points and a handful of Avios.

This airline really is a farce these days.

golfmad Aug 8, 2017 8:44 am

It has certainly not always been that way. I've received original routing credit in the past when moved to Qantas from BA due to aircraft problems. Perhaps the policy has changed recently but I doubt it.

YacozA Aug 8, 2017 8:45 am

Originally Posted by opalfruit (Post 28662624)

Isn't the point of it being an "original" routing credit, that it doesn't matter the actual routing taken, but is based on the ticketed.

Try to call again, hopefully they still have a staff member available who can use common sense.

opalfruit Aug 8, 2017 8:49 am

I realise there's confusing elements here - AA routings on AS flights don't accrue TPs and the itinerary is ostensibly the same, but the failure to see through to common sense on the phone was frustrating.

I'm not sure I have the energy to call back just now. I'll try dylanks's suggested email method (in his guide here) to claim this.

KARFA Aug 8, 2017 8:52 am

Originally Posted by opalfruit (Post 28662624)
I'm being told by a BA GGL rep that I can't claim ORC on the following itinerary:

Agent is being quite forceful, talking over me and giving me the 'This has always been the way' patter. Is he in the right?

To just check the obvious, I assume for your original LAS-LAX-SEA both flights were bought under the AA flight numbers and AA operated?

opalfruit Aug 8, 2017 8:53 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28662730)
To just check the obvious, I assume for your original LAS-LAX-SEA both flights were bought under the AA flight numbers and AA operated?

They were indeed.

Andriyko Aug 8, 2017 8:53 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 28662679)
It has certainly not always been that way. I've received original routing credit in the past when moved to Qantas from BA due to aircraft problems. Perhaps the policy has changed recently but I doubt it.

BA will always give the ORC, especially if it is a 125 ticket.

In the OP's case, it will be up to AA whether the ORC is given. I am surprised, however, that the agent refused to accept the claim and forward it to AA (unless the agent knows that AA will refuse).

KARFA Aug 8, 2017 8:56 am

Originally Posted by opalfruit (Post 28662749)
They were indeed.

Thanks. In that case I am struggling to see why the agent was refusing it.

golfmad Aug 8, 2017 8:56 am

Originally Posted by opalfruit (Post 28662720)
I realise there's confusing elements here - AA routings on AS flights don't accrue TPs and the itinerary is ostensibly the same, but the failure to see through to common sense on the phone was frustrating.

Maybe my BA-Qantas example wasn't a good one. I've also received ORC in similar circumstances to you in the past. I was re-routed from AA to another airline that does not award BA Tier Points. I claimed and was awarded credit for both Tier Points and Avios. My point is that the agent is incorrect by saying "this has always been the way".

MADPhil Aug 8, 2017 9:00 am

I received ORC for a flight on AA metal with a BA ticket when I wound up taking a bus (at my own expense) owing to a cancelled flight (WX) and no available seats for at least a day.

Ancient Observer Aug 8, 2017 10:36 am

Last year I had a CX ticket to Beijing, back from Shanghai. BA credited all the flights other than the Air China code-share to Beijing. They were happy with Cathay Dragon, which is not in OW, but not Air China.

KARFA Aug 8, 2017 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer (Post 28663250)
Last year I had a CX ticket to Beijing, back from Shanghai. BA credited all the flights other than the Air China code-share to Beijing. They were happy with Cathay Dragon, which is not in OW, but not Air China.

KA is a oneworld affiliate via CX. Air China has no oneworld connection. A BA codeshre on Air China would earn TP and avios, any other codeshare would not.

Was this an ORC claim?

Ancient Observer Aug 8, 2017 10:45 am

Brain not working. Not ORC, just a claim.

LCY8737 Aug 8, 2017 10:49 am

I've had ORC on IB (IB ticket, operated by IB) denied last year. The email explained BA had contacted IB who had said no. It was only 20 tier points so I didn't kick up a fuss.